Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's also the death of our entire world as we know it, at least that's the case going by the most commonly excepted prophetic interpretations of our day. Say what you want. It may be the most celebrated day in all of eternity, it may bring joy beyond imagining, but there are also things to be mourned. Millions, perhaps billions are marked for death, the world will go into a state of corruption and anti Judaeo-Christian bigotry.

After the coming itself, aside from a few events that are supposed to happen near the end of Christs initial reign on Earth, the world will be paradise (and afterwards, the new world will be an even greater paradise), which in itself brings a sort of tragedy. It means the death of one of the most central elements of man; progression. There will be no more conflicts, which means there can be no new stories, no new literature. No one will ever fall in love again, there will never be any more meaningful innovations in music or art, no more adventures, no new philosophies. All of these wonderful things necessarily come from the emptiness and suffering of the human condition, and without it, these things will necessarily disappear.

Of course, this is assuming a literal interpretation of the coming of Christ that most modern Protestants use, which I don't necessarily subscribe to. But assuming it is true, it brings with it perhaps even more tragedy than it does relief.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
See Lord Jesus' 2nd coming as doom and gloom? Dooms Day. We should be looking up, for our redemption draws near.

I guess I'm on the doom and gloom team. Not everyone is looking up. Not everyone will be redeemed.

What if it turns out that we are up in the air for seven days, before traveling to the Father's house, while the seven vials are poured out on our former home.

We might have to get through some traumatic time, before we can enter His Rest.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because it would be like the time of Noah deluge where the people who refused to believe God and refused to repent were destroyed.

Luke 17: 27 People were eating and drinking, marrying and being given in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.......

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's also the death of our entire world as we know it, at least that's the case going by the most commonly excepted prophetic interpretations of our day. Say what you want. It may be the most celebrated day in all of eternity, it may bring joy beyond imagining, but there are also things to be mourned. Millions, perhaps billions are marked for death, the world will go into a state of corruption and anti Judaeo-Christian bigotry.

After the coming itself, aside from a few events that are supposed to happen near the end of Christs initial reign on Earth, the world will be paradise (and afterwards, the new world will be an even greater paradise), which in itself brings a sort of tragedy. It means the death of one of the most central elements of man; progression. There will be no more conflicts, which means there can be no new stories, no new literature. No one will ever fall in love again, there will never be any more meaningful innovations in music or art, no more adventures, no new philosophies. All of these wonderful things necessarily come from the emptiness and suffering of the human condition, and without it, these things will necessarily disappear.

Of course, this is assuming a literal interpretation of the coming of Christ that most modern Protestants use, which I don't necessarily subscribe to. But assuming it is true, it brings with it perhaps even more tragedy than it does relief.

Hmmm? A wise man once said " He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose". There is too much fixation on this world in the Church.
Col.3:
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I guess I'm on the doom and gloom team. Not everyone is looking up. Not everyone will be redeemed.

What if it turns out that we are up in the air for seven days, before traveling to the Father's house, while the seven vials are poured out on our former home.

We might have to get through some traumatic time, before we can enter His Rest.

Yes we are beginning to see some pretty rough things with the hurricanes, fires, two major earthquakes, floods, and pestilences all happening at once.Not to mention the wars and rumors of wars.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave Watchman
Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
It means the death of one of the most central elements of man; progression. There will be no more conflicts, which means there can be no new stories, no new literature. No one will ever fall in love again, there will never be any more meaningful innovations in music or art, no more adventures, no new philosophies. All of these wonderful things necessarily come from the emptiness and suffering of the human condition, and without it, these things will necessarily disappear.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll still find some way to get into trouble.

And Jesus said that He wasn't going to drink the wine again until He drinks it new with us in His Father's Kingdom.

"I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”
So that means there's going to be physical wine and physical glasses and a physical palate to taste the wine.

So that means i can have a physical guitar and unlimited time to perfect my Mississippi John Delta blues syncopated finger style.

I should just be getting good after a couple thousand years.

:)

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll still find some way to get into trouble.

And Jesus said that He wasn't going to drink the wine again until He drinks it new with us in His Father's Kingdom.

"I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”
So that means there's going to be physical wine and physical glasses and a physical palate to taste the wine.

So that means i can have a physical guitar and unlimited time to perfect my Mississippi John Delta blues syncopated finger style.

I should just be getting good after a couple thousand years.

:)

Yes I think we will have much to do. I don't know what I will have to do as there will be no sickness and I am a nurse.LOL ^_^! Maybe my occupation will be passing out the leaves from the tree of life. ^_^

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But, most Christians dred the Lord's return. There is a special crown that I will receive because I love His appearing.
2 Tim. 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I really don't think that they dred the lords return , like me they probably dred what's going to happen before hand.
OK, Kind of like Abraham pleading for the salvation of Sodom and Gomorrah ?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a special crown that I will receive because I love His appearing.

And we will lay our crowns at His feet, when we see Him.
He is the only one worthy to wear it.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But, most Christians dred the Lord's return. There is a special crown that I will receive because I love His appearing 2 Tim. 4:8 .
That is referring to His appearing in GLORY...
Matthew 24:29-31
29 But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send forth his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should be looking up, for our redemption draws near.
You probably interpret these words as meaning a "pre-tribulation rapture"...how long will it take before you realize that His Coming will be AFTER the tribulation ?

Jesus Himself said it clearly ...

That explain why every predictions about Jesus coming before the Tribulation always fail...

Last edited:
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You probably interpret these words as meaning a "pre-tribulation rapture"...how long will it take before you realize that His Coming will be AFTER the tribulation.

Jesus Himself said it clearly.
Are you looking up?

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you looking up?
There is no tribulation around....

29 But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send forth his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying that you expect that Jesus will come before the tribulation.. while Jesus said in Matthew 24:29-31 that He will come AFTER the tribulation of those days???

What? I asked a simple question.

Upvote 0