Why do some Christians who oppose vaccination are OK with blood transfusions and organ transplants?

SaintCody777

The young, curious Berean
Jan 11, 2018
Miami, Florida
✟53,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
As I am taking immunology class, I am now learning in pictures and videos what are specific proteins and molecules and what do they have to do with the immune system. I noticed that many Bible believing Christians rail against all vaccination on reasons they claim is based in the Bible, but yet they're OK with blood transfusions. The JWs reject blood transfusions using many of the same Bible passages that the Fundies use to argue against vaccines, to claim the reasons why blood transfusions or donations are sinful.

Why are these very same Fundies who oppose vaccinating themselves or their kids, on Biblical grounds, are totally OK with blood transfusions, blood donations, and organ transplants? :scratch:

I did watch the trailer for Vaxxed and several YouTube clips of parent's stories claiming that their kids got autism or other bad reactions after they got vaccinated on the Vaxxed II channel.

Oh yeah, I happen to have regressive autism, though now I'm at the Asperger's level of functioning. According to my parents, I was totally normal from the time I was born until I was about 15 months of age. At that point, which happened to be soon after I got my MMR vaccine, I started to talk less and less and became more socially inward and awkward. I also started doing very odd autistic stuff, like I used put a toy train in my ear and tapped it. I stopped talking altogether just before I turned 2, and I didn't speak again until I was 6.
I have yet to see videos my parents took of myself as a baby and a toddler before my autistic regression.

My parents story of my life before autism, I can totally believe that, even though that kind of autistic regression in which a kid is totally normal before the regression, is statistically very rare. But as far as whether vaccines are involved, I'm on the fence.

Last edited:

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The little bit of mercury in vaccines is excreted in your urine after a few days and doesn’t cause problems. Triggering your immune system with a foreign protein won’t cause problems either . If it did, you wouldn’t be able to breathe safely . Most (but not all )of the complaints against vaccines are pseudoscience nonsense. Some people are allergic to vaccine components . Some live vaccines can cause disease.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are different reasons why different Christians take the various positions that they do.

I am [high-functioning] autistic* and received all of my vaccinations (plus more in the military). I am generally pro-vaccine (method) but a certain family of vaccines introduced in the late 1970s/early 1980s had bad side effects on my children, and on people who are born autistic, generally. So, we avoid those particular vaccines while we await their hypo-allergenic replacements.

See
*p.k.a. Aspergers.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: JohnAshton
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Anti-vaxxer has become a trend. A lot of these folks seem to feel really special to pompously claim they've "done their research" (they watched Vaxxed and read some Facebook posts) and know better than the "sheeple" who listen to doctors. When asked to show research it's usually in the form of a meme or a blog, or they'll recruit another AV, lol.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I am taking immunology class, I am now learning in pictures and videos what are specific proteins and molecules and what do they have to do with the immune system. I noticed that many Bible believing Christians rail against all vaccination on reasons they claim is based in the Bible, but yet they're OK with blood transfusions. The JWs reject blood transfusions using many of the same Bible passages that the Fundies use to argue against vaccines, to claim the reasons why blood transfusions or donations are sinful.

Why are these very same Fundies who oppose vaccinating themselves or their kids, on Biblical grounds, are totally OK with blood transfusions, blood donations, and organ transplants? :scratch:

I did watch the trailer for Vaxxed and several YouTube clips of parent's stories claiming that their kids got autism or other bad reactions after they got vaccinated on the Vaxxed II channel.

Oh yeah, I happen to have regressive autism, though now I'm at the Asperger's level of functioning. According to my parents, I was totally normal from the time I was born until I was about 15 months of age. At that point, which happened to be soon after I got my MMR vaccine, I started to talk less and less and became more socially inward and awkward. I also started doing very odd autistic stuff, like I used put a toy train in my ear and tapped it. I stopped talking altogether just before I turned 2, and I didn't speak again until I was 6.
I have yet to see videos my parents took of myself as a baby and a toddler before my autistic regression.

My parents story of my life before autism and my autistic regression, I can totally believe that, even though that kind of autistic regression in which a kid is totally normal before the regression, is statistically very rare. But as far as whether vaccines are involved, I'm on the fence.

Its not the vaccination concept. Its how its being implemented..

For example.. We do not want the neurotoxin mercury to be included with some vaccines. Mercury can cause nerve and brain harm in susceptible individuals. Some who choose not to partake have also learned that it will be a cashing in and marketing of fear of a alleged disease to make lots of money for drug companies. Induced panic is a great salesman. God gave us an immune system. Its when we eat junk and not careful in what we put in our bodies that would cut the profits of drug companies immensely. Ignorance keeps the dollars pouring in.

There has been an attempt to condition us for mandatory mass inoculations. All it takes is one corrupt group gaining power and parts of the population can be done great harm intentionally. It will be too late when that happens. People should be allowed to treat themselves with alternatives that do work and help.

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2019
Midwest
✟32,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God gave us an immune system. Its when we eat junk and not careful in what we put in our bodies that would cut the profits of drug companies immensely. Ignorance keeps the dollars pouring in.
Interesting concept here. You, and presumably everyone else, would agree that God gave us a body - created it for us - but it can be delicate and damaged if not taken care of properly.

Similarly, God gave us a home - created the earth for us - but so many right wing fundamentalists say that we can't damage it and that man made climate change is not real, that we are arrogant for believing we can destroy God's earth or that he would allow us to do so. And so we get policies or obstruction that keep on keeping on with the destruction of the earth.

Just thought this was interesting.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting concept here. You, and presumably everyone else, would agree that God gave us a body - created it for us - but it can be delicate and damaged if not taken care of properly.

Similarly, God gave us a home - created the earth for us - but so many right wing fundamentalists say that we can't damage it and that man made climate change is not real, that we are arrogant for believing we can destroy God's earth or that he would allow us to do so. And so we get policies or obstruction that keep on keeping on with the destruction of the earth.

Just thought this was interesting.
Change the topic much? :angel:

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The little bit of mercury in vaccines is excreted in your urine after a few days and doesn’t cause problems..

Not when its injected into the blood stream. Mercury embeds in parts of the body. Children and impaired adults can not get rid of the mercury as easy as you stated.

Mercury removal in that case requires a process called "chelation." I have been through it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 19, 2019
Midwest
✟32,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not when its injected into the blood stream. Mercury embeds in parts of the body. Children and impaired adults can not get rid of the mercury as easy as you stated.

Mercury removal in that case requires a process called "chelation." I have been through it.
Is it any different than contrast dye used for scans? It's injected into the blood stream. Afterwards, you're to drink plenty of water because it is urinated out of the body.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it any different than contrast dye used for scans? It's injected into the blood stream. Afterwards, you're to drink plenty of water because it is urinated out of the body.

"It takes up to 18 years for the body to clear half of the dose of mercury from the body. Once mercury is in the body it comes out only VERY slowly."
Mercury: How To Get This Lethal Poison Out Of Your Body

Certain (negative) heavy metals require chelation therapy to get them out.... Its not as simple as you make it appear to be intended for the simple minded. Some infants and young children given mercury in their vaccinations can not counter with immune systems that are still developing.

https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-body-remove-mercury

The primary detoxification mechanism for mercury is combination with reduced sulfur. This takes place in all tissues and especially in the liver, where the glutathione-bound mercury (GS-Hg-SG) is dumped into the bile for excretion into the gut. The body converts ionic mercury, metallic mercury and organic mercury into glutathione-bound mercury, a small amount of which can be excreted through the kidneys into the urine, but most of which is excreted in bile. The kidney is particularly sensitive to mercury, so urinary excretion is necessarily constrained.

But bile-excreted mercury is not actually removed. Yet. It must pass down the full length of the intestine and colon before it is removed. And this is significantly problematic because glutathione-bound mercury is particularly toxic to single-cell microbes, and they detoxify it by converting it into methyl mercury, which efficiently absorbs back into the blood stream and even crosses the blood-brain barrier. So the detoxed-form of mercury is recycled into the more toxic form during its transit down the GI tract. This is a loop in which mercury can become trapped in the human body.

In idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy, there is a failure of cellular or tissue-level mercury excretion of glutathione-bound mercury. In one 17-year-old male teenager, glutathione-bound mercury accumulated to almost 0.1% (wet weight!) before he suddenly died on the track field. This mercury accumulation in IDC is (1) limited to the heart and was not found in other muscles or other organs, and (2) shows how effective glutathione is at detoxifying mercury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Metallic mercury is dangerous and the mercury compound used in vaccines is not that .
Mind giving the details? Just because you can repeat something you have been told does not make it so. Many a propagandized soul does just that.

Thimerosal is a compound that contains mercury.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@genez , thimerosal has been removed and ruled out, but there is another aspect of some vaccines* that has injured people who were already Asperger's Syndrome ASD1 when they were born (much like the scenario you have described in your posts).

*SCPI maintains that that type of vaccine is singularly responsible for all autism. My camp says that they turn high-functioning autistics into low-functioning autistics (via postnatal injury).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thimerosal is also not metallic mercury . You just urinate it out . Some people used to spread small amounts of metallic mercury on their floors to remove bad spirits . It gave some children mercury poisoning when they’d play with the droplets.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As a Bible-believing 'fundi' I am 100% on board with vaccinations. My two children were fully vaccinated for that time period. I also have a son with ASD and I do not believe vaccinations caused that in any way shape or form, he was born with it. If you actually join a board for parents of ASD children you will find people who think it is caused by vaccinations get shot down quickly. I would say over the past 5 years of being on such a board that I have seen only a small handful of people suggest it was the vaccination and I don't think any of them were 'fundi's.' They were more the hippie, we will take our healing from the trees and use herbal types. Regression at about 12-18 months happens to many children with autism whether they were vaccinated or not. People jump on the vaccination since it coincides and because they want something to be responsible. Pinpointing a cause gives people a type of closure while saying we don't know leaves them hanging. I am not saying vaccination never has bad side effects, but those are rare and I don't believe it is the cause of autism. I would rather take my chances with the vaccinations than the diseses, many of which people now downplay. I was lucky to be born after polio vaccines came in, parents back then knew to be properly scared by polio, Diptheria and whopping cough and get their children vaccinated. Complacency will cause these diseases to come back.

I do think the US has too many on its schedule compared to other places. I think the schedule should only contain the most serious of diseases and the others could be offered on the side. Our schedule is here: National Immunisation Program Schedule There are a few more on there now that weren't on there when my kids were small.

Upvote 0