Why do some christians think that morals come from god?

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah - I can't believe it. :thumbsup:

Why can't christians accept that they cannot provide evidence for the assertion that morality comes from god?

Already given, anything in material word does not have morale, so morale can't be from material word. But you don't accept it.

Upvote 0

workmx

Apr 27, 2014
✟703.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Already given, anything in material word does not have morals, so morals can't be from material word. But you don't accept it.

I cannot accept, as you have not provided a rational explanation of how that would occur. Despite my attempts to asist you with it.

And I have given you evidence that the pillars of morality are present in other eusocial species, but you have ignored that posible explanation.

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I cannot accept, as you have not provided a rational explanation of how that would occur. Despite my attempts to asist you with it.

If any non-living things can't have moral, anything build with those can't have moral, then moral doesn't not exist in pure material word. Unless you can show me how you can build a machine with moral, we can't convince each other. So this thread is moot :)

And I have given you evidence that the pillars of morality are present in other eusocial species, but you have ignored that posible explanation.
I saw it, and I explained to you that living beings are likely host of spirits/souls that are not material. None has build a machine with moral, and none has even proposed a possible way to build such a machine.

Upvote 0

TomZzyzx

Mar 23, 2011
✟9,184.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How?
By what pathway?

You can discover objective moral truth two ways. The first way is from Gods word, the bible. God says don't murder and we know it is wrong to take a life without justification.

The second way is to discover them like we discover mathmatics. Sometimes objective moral truths are self-evedent. We don't invent objective morality, we discover it like we discover multiplcation tables.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

workmx

Apr 27, 2014
✟703.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If any non-living things can't have moral, anything build with those can't have moral, then moral doesn't not exist in pure material word. Unless you can show me how you can build a machine with moral, we can't convince each other. So this thread is moot

Well that does not make any sense.

In what way would the characterictics of a inaminate object have an effect on the cahracteristics of a animate one???

Other mammals have empathy, help each other and have a sense of justuice (both distributive and procedural). As I have said before, my guess that in the future, we will discover that moraity is an evolutionary adaptation.

AND another gap where people try to sneak in god will be forever closed.

I saw it, and I explained to you that living beings are likely host of spirits/souls that are not material. None has build a machine with moral, and none has even proposed a possible way to build such a machine.

How would you measure that? What does a soul weigh?

On the machine issue: have you heard of the Turing test?

Upvote 0