Why do shy guys go after loud, dominant women?

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟379,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I like your answer Listening Ears, but it does not answer the question at hand....

does it?

:p

I think a loud dominant woman is easier for a shy guy to figure out. She probably talks about her interests, and tends to mingle with more people, including said shy guy. The shy guy would have a much harder time meeting, let alone dating, a shy girl... simply because shy girls keep to themselves.

Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
By jove, I think you are making the most sense ever!

Shy men are not always submissive men....and er...what was the rest again?

:p

Seriously though, this makes a lot of sense....

I don't think this is always the case, I think submissive men are attracted to dominent women. But not shy men, frequently submissive men are shy, but this is not always the case. I am extremely shy, but I am also a type A personality in a fairly extreme sense, I am simply not attracted to loud domineering women. I think it's more that we look for the puzzle peice that matches our personality style, two submissive people is ineffective, as would be to domininent.

Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
:bow::bow::bow:I bow in submission to the awesomeness that is Listening Ears.

He's pretty much nailed it.

Okay guys, thread closed.

;P

ListeningEars said:
I think a loud dominant woman is easier for a shy guy to figure out. She probably talks about her interests, and tends to mingle with more people, including said shy guy. The shy guy would have a much harder time meeting, let alone dating, a shy girl... simply because shy girls keep to themselves.

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Maybe the girl is the one doing the pursuing and asking out and the guy acepts b/c it's easy. I dunno.

Er...no. I specifically worded the title of the thread to show this is not the case. Shy does not equal being completely inept and incapable of going after a love interest. They might not go after her the same way other guys do, but they CAN do so nonetheless. They don't need mummy holding their hands for them.

Upvote 0

Braticus

Mrs. Marbzz
Nov 30, 2006
Canada
✟13,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I always wondered too, G101. so thanks for posing the question.

I must admit that I think that Listening Ears was right on with his answer too.

I like a dominant man, and I like a guy that can keep up to my blabbing, and that takes a lot! :pink:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
cuz 2 shy people would be make things too awkward and if no one will step up the woman is going to obviously!
*takes a deep breath*

To re-iterate, we are talking about shy guys here, NOT cowards.

And the title clearly defines the situation as that in which the shy guy 'goes after' the loud, dominant woman.

What more do I have to do to clarify this? The men seem to get it.

Bleh, sometimes I fear for my own sex.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Braticus

Mrs. Marbzz
Nov 30, 2006
Canada
✟13,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
*takes a deep breath*

To re-iterate, we are talking about shy guys here, NOT cowards.

And the title clearly defines the situation as that in which the shy guy 'goes after' the loud, dominant woman.

What more do I have to do to clarify this? The men seem to get it.

Bleh, sometimes I fear for my own sex.

Thank you.
HAHAHAHAA, I so agree with you! ;)

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought the guys were saying the same thing :D

I don't equate shy with cowardly, but shy people don't tend to put themselves out there in social situations. It's easier to let dominant people into your life, b/c you don't have to do as much, figure out as much. You can remain comfortable. jmo I'm sure you'lll like rip me limb from limb though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeff91199

The Guy in the Soundproof Box
Aug 31, 2003
New York, New York
Visit site
✟8,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, I was referring to my own experiences. If it's easier for a shy guy to attract a woman who is more forward, then that's like taking the easy way out. He doesn't have to worry about trying to talk to a shy woman, who is naturally more of a challenge.
That's actually what would turn me off about the loud, dominant woman (being not very loud or dominant myself). I've got nothing against 'em, but a girl like that would be surrounded by so many friends that I'd have better odds of hitting the jackpot than getting to know her as anything but loose acquaintances. Forgive me if I've generalized.

Upvote 0

This_Beautiful_Grace

Senior Veteran
Dec 7, 2004
Australia
✟10,763.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really don't get it :scratch:

Please, anyone got any theories other than the 'opposites attract' one?

:confused:

I didn't notice. I think I'd just picked up that guys seem to like/go for the confident, possibly rather loud girls anyway. I'm assuming that's a generalization though.

Perhaps if such girls show interest their way, it helps give the shy guys that extra boost and confidence? Perhaps these girls are more likely to be doing the chasing and pursuing which means the guys don't have to go to the effort and step out of their comfort zones. If shy guys in general seem to go for those girls anyway though, I have no idea. Don't trust my theories. I really don't know. *shrugs*

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I really don't get it :scratch:

Please, anyone got any theories other than the 'opposites attract' one?

:confused:
No. It's as simple as that.

I'm a shy girl who goes after shy guys. Does that disprove the theory, or does it just mean it only applies to guys? :scratch:
No, all it means is you'll have tougher times getting dates.

Upvote 0

atuck00

Aug 31, 2007
Nebraska
✟16,603.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We all want someone who will make us better. Shy people usually hate the fact that they are shy. Someone who is loud and outgoing is intriguing to them so they are naturally drawn to that person. Rather than just looking at it as "opposites attract" think of it as someone who is good at something that is unknown to you might seem really attractive. Personally, I think boys who can draw are amazing. I also look for things in common, but there are certain things that I find amazing because I can't change.

A lot of shy people find their lack of communication out of their control, therefore it is intriguing when someone can display a power that they are lacking.

Upvote 0