Why do shy guys go after loud, dominant women?

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I really don't get it :scratch:

Please, anyone got any theories other than the 'opposites attract' one?

:confused:

because they are physically attracted to them and it probably helps their ego that their a failure of being so shy they get someone to "compliment" them by being the opposite.

that's my theory.

Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
What do you mean by that?

i apologize. after re-looking at my statement, i worded that wrong. so i'm sorry for wording it wrong.

in my opinion, someone who is shy/or maybe more on a specific level unhealthy shyness, has failed in being a sociable person. it's part of survival in this world and there is no real reason to be that way.

so for someone like that to find someone of the complete opposite, outside of physical attraction, in my opinion, seems to be them finding something that either one compliments their weakness/failure or makes them feel better about themselves becauase they can't be like that, which in turn makes their ego better for a time.

i hope that explains what i meant with the first post and i apologize if i worded it wrong.

Upvote 0

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think it's kind of immature for guys to do that. It's like the easy way out or something. I like those types of women, but I also know that there is a big possibility of conflict.

I've realized lately the type of lady I prefer. One who's a little compassionate, maybe a little smarter than I am, is able to teach me things about dealing with life. She has also matured. She has a strong kindness to her, but is not a pushover.

I know someone like this, unfortunately she is married. But she verges on flirting with me, or at least I know she likes me, but it's not serious. It's more like a common understanding on how we approach the world. But she is strong spiritually and knows that I am a believer also. I know that she helps in her church a lot. But I'm glad I've discovered her so that I would know what type of person I like.

Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I think it's kind of immature for guys to do that. It's like the easy way out or something. I like those types of women, but I also know that there is a big possibility of conflict.

I've realized lately the type of lady I prefer. One who's a little compassionate, maybe a little smarter than I am, is able to teach me things about dealing with life. She has also matured. She has a strong kindness to her, but is not a pushover.

I know someone like this, unfortunately she is married. But she verges on flirting with me, or at least I know she likes me, but it's not serious. It's more like a common understanding on how we approach the world. But she is strong spiritually and knows that I am a believer also. I know that she helps in her church a lot. But I'm glad I've discovered her so that I would know what type of person I like.
Hmmm...I don't get the logic behind your first comment.

Immature?

A 'way out'?

Care to elaborate? Maybe my brain frequency is on the decline as it's really late at night, but I would appreciate it if you could also use some analogies for me. Thank you :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What would make them think so?

They can't figure out that the shy girl would be interested in them because they are too shy to notice her (Since she is shy).

On the other hand, the loud/dominant woman is out there, making herself noticed.

JM

Upvote 0

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm...I don't get the logic behind your first comment.

Immature?

A 'way out'?

Care to elaborate? Maybe my brain frequency is on the decline as it's really late at night, but I would appreciate it if you could also use some analogies for me. Thank you :)

Sorry, I was referring to my own experiences. If it's easier for a shy guy to attract a woman who is more forward, then that's like taking the easy way out. He doesn't have to worry about trying to talk to a shy woman, who is naturally more of a challenge.

Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
They can't figure out that the shy girl would be interested in them because they are too shy to notice her (Since she is shy).

On the other hand, the loud/dominant woman is out there, making herself noticed.

JM
This makes even less sense than before.

Welldone for blowing the fuse in my brain! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Gardener101

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
✟23,034.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, I was referring to my own experiences. If it's easier for a shy guy to attract a woman who is more forward, then that's like taking the easy way out. He doesn't have to worry about trying to talk to a shy woman, who is naturally more of a challenge.
But then you seem to be missing the 'dominant' aspect of the kind of woman I am describing.

Shouldn't men, in general, be frightened of such women?

I know I would!

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I kind of enjoy loud free-spirited women, but I clash with dominant types. Though I'm introverted, I have always had a strong personality. When people try to boss me around (unless they're an actual boss at work), I simply write them off and keep doing my own thing.

Dominating others, or being dominated by them, are equally unappealing to me. Unless, of course, 'dominating' is used to describe excelling at a particular skill or field of interest. But in a case like that, I'm not actually dominating the other person, I'm just doing the task better than them. Conversely, I won't take it personally if they do it better than me, because they're simply quite good at something... and not trying to dominate my person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Teufelhund

Senior Veteran
Jul 29, 2007
Camp Pendleton, Ca
✟18,575.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't think this is always the case, I think submissive men are attracted to dominent women. But not shy men, frequently submissive men are shy, but this is not always the case. I am extremely shy, but I am also a type A personality in a fairly extreme sense, I am simply not attracted to loud domineering women. I think it's more that we look for the puzzle peice that matches our personality style, two submissive people is ineffective, as would be to domininent.

Upvote 0