Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I shouldn't have posted this, sorry.

Ephesians chapter 6 verse 12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Last edited:

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟32,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James chapter 3 verse 1 and 2
Not many of you should presume to be teachers my brothers, do you not know we who teach will be judged more strictly, if anyone is never at fault they are a perfect human able to keep their whole body in check.

Billy Graham is a false teacher.

Charles Stanley is a false teacher.

God is love and the only thing that matters is faith expressing itself in love.

It doesn't matter if someone went to school, what matters is understanding the bible.

I could be a pastor I've studied the bible 35 years, not that someone needs to that much, but with all the false teachers I can't, they preach it's about sinning, everyone but Christ sins and continues to, they preach once saved always saved.

but it's not about sin, and faith alone.

Proverbs chapter 10 verse 12
Love covers all wrongs.

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8
Love covers a great many sins.

Galatians chapter 5 verse 6
The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in love.

Most pastors don't know or understand the bible, look here.

Matthew chapter 4 verse 4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Romans chapter 1 verse 28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

John chapter 8 verse 31,32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, " If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
2 John
9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
Job chapter 23 verse 12
I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Matthew 11
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Luke chapter 21
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Romans chapter 10
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Mark chapter 13
31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
James chapter 1
25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
James chapter 4
8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Isaiah chapter 45 verse 19
I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.
Jeremiah chapter 9
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord.
Jeremiah chapter 5 verse 1
5 “Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem,
look around and consider,
search through her squares.
If you can find but one person
who deals honestly and seeks the truth,
I will forgive this city.
Psalm 119 verse 114
You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

You answered your own question by your first few comments, I did not need to read the rest to learn that. Heed your own advice, please!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Billy Graham is a false teacher.
Charles Stanley is a false teacher.

Would you at minimum consider them to be a neighbor?

Romans 15:2
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

James 2:8
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

Proverbs 3:29
Do not plan evil against your neighbor, who dwells trustingly beside you.

Mark 12:31
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Proverbs 25:17-18
Let your foot be seldom in your neighbor's house, lest he have his fill of you and hate you. A man who bears false witness against his neighbor is like a war club, or a sword, or a sharp arrow.

Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Luke 10:27
And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Reactions: disciple1
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟61,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Let your foot be seldom in your neighbor's house, lest he have his fill of you and hate you. A man who bears false witness against his neighbor is like a war club, or a sword, or a sharp arrow.

For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

I guess your right.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I guess your right.

I happen to be on this "neighbor" kick lately.
But it keeps popping up as relevant.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Nice.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Everyone is a false teacher.
If you mean false in the sense that you are likely to proclaim a particular doctrine as absolute proof due to the fact that we are often forced to cherry pick perspectives.
Due to the sheer complexity of the bible, the universe and statistical odds, it is likely that every human who lives and ever lived is wrong about some of their assumptions.
I think this is why being a teacher is risky. You're likely going to teach false doctrines.
This must be why it is said that many should not seek to be teachers.
There must be some allowance for us believing wrong things. The theme of God's judgement seems to be based on our hearts. Our motives and intentions rather than knowledge

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess I can stop reading, and quote you there.
Touche'
I suppose posting comments is like teaching isn't it? That's why I have a disclaimer as a tag.
I do alot of journaling and I think some of my oldest material was off base.
This is the result of growing I suppose :grimacing:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟61,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you mean false in the sense that you are likely to proclaim a particular doctrine as absolute proof due to the fact that we are often forced to cherry pick perspectives.
Due to the sheer complexity of the bible, the universe and statistical odds, it is likely that every human who lives and ever lived is wrong about some of their assumptions.
I think this is why being a teacher is risky. You're likely going to teach false doctrines.
There must be some allowance for us believing wrong things. The theme of God's judgement seems to be based on our hearts. Our motives and intentions rather than knowledge
I shouldn't have posted this, sorry

I learned a lot by posting this, but like I said I shouldn't have posted it.
Philippians chapter 1 verse 18
But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,

Upvote 0