why do people think the moon landing was fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A fundamental distrust of all things government.
Actually... A distrust in NASA, which was founded on a team of Nazi's. A distrust in the military because.. .well the military tells lies to the civilians every day.... it's part of their job... useful in most cases and aids in civil safety.. but.. as a result, they are proven liars.
Distrust in the government.. yes.. but who here trusts the government? Please raise your hands....

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
why do people think the moon landing was fake?
I'll give you a brief moon landings are fake 101:

1/ Van Allen belts: These are dangerous and deadly bands of radiation that will fry a computer or a human brain and they are one of the biggest obstacles in men going to mars.. Yet.. they tell us that they went, several times, in a tin can in the early 70's.
2/ Video proof of astronauts suspended on wires on "moon walks"
3/ The only cameras that they had were of a type with no flash yet photos reveal astronauts, in the shade of the craft, fully illuminated.
4/ Two separate days, two separate moon walks.. large distances from each other.. exact same backdrop and fore ground rocks in photo.
5/ Video footage of work done on the surface with sounds coming from using a hammer and another when an object is thrown and hits the lander.
6/ No blast crater under the lunar lander.
7/ no dust on the feet of the lunar lander.
8/ Takes a Saturn V rocket to get them off the earth... small puff of an engine to get them off of the moon... meanwhile 1/6 of the gravity should require at least 1/6 of the size of a rocket.. Not one that is the size of a small truck.
9/video of the crew, in low earth orbit, putting a circular cardboard cut out in the window of their craft, to fake the picture of the earth from the moon.
10/ Numerous photo anomalies with multiple shadows and light sources.
11/ The + marks in the lenses of the cameras should all be over top of the images... Many go behind objects in the photos. Impossible.
12/ A 14 year old girl will have 1000's of photos of herself and others on her phone... These guys spend three days going to a place of historical desire and took 1 that's ONE photo of the earth from the moon... ya right.
13/ Space suits are to be warn in a vacuum... Ever see what happens to a balloon when you put it in a vacuum.. it expands.. No evidence of their suits expanding... in fact they look like they are in normal pressure.. Only ONE that's ONE test of a space suit in a vacuum chamber and the guy passed out and almost died.

There are many many more... just do some digging...

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,444.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'll give you a brief moon landings are fake 101:

1/ Van Allen belts: These are dangerous and deadly bands of radiation that will fry a computer or a human brain and they are one of the biggest obstacles in men going to mars.. Yet.. they tell us that they went, several times, in a tin can in the early 70's.
2/ Video proof of astronauts suspended on wires on "moon walks"
3/ The only cameras that they had were of a type with no flash yet photos reveal astronauts, in the shade of the craft, fully illuminated.
4/ Two separate days, two separate moon walks.. large distances from each other.. exact same backdrop and fore ground rocks in photo.
5/ Video footage of work done on the surface with sounds coming from using a hammer and another when an object is thrown and hits the lander.
6/ No blast crater under the lunar lander.
7/ no dust on the feet of the lunar lander.
8/ Takes a Saturn V rocket to get them off the earth... small puff of an engine to get them off of the moon... meanwhile 1/6 of the gravity should require at least 1/6 of the size of a rocket.. Not one that is the size of a small truck.
9/video of the crew, in low earth orbit, putting a circular cardboard cut out in the window of their craft, to fake the picture of the earth from the moon.
10/ Numerous photo anomalies with multiple shadows and light sources.
11/ The + marks in the lenses of the cameras should all be over top of the images... Many go behind objects in the photos. Impossible.
12/ A 14 year old girl will have 1000's of photos of herself and others on her phone... These guys spend three days going to a place of historical desire and took 1 that's ONE photo of the earth from the moon... ya right.
13/ Space suits are to be warn in a vacuum... Ever see what happens to a balloon when you put it in a vacuum.. it expands.. No evidence of their suits expanding... in fact they look like they are in normal pressure.. Only ONE that's ONE test of a space suit in a vacuum chamber and the guy passed out and almost died.

There are many many more... just do some digging...

Jack, please! You know all that is pure nonsense my friend.

I'm not staying. Out of here as seen it all before.

God bless you all

Reactions: SLP
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jack, please! You know all that is pure nonsense my friend.

I'm not staying. Out of here as seen it all before.

God bless you all
Thanks... I'm not here to argue and rehash our differences of opinion.. I am simply giving information to someone that asked.

See ya around. Fill your bowl.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Over the last while I have been pondering a phenomenon that has actually been going for a very long time. I am referring to Denialists and Conspiracy Theorists. While they might seem to be different behaviours, I think they have a commonality in the sort of mind that subscribes to them. What also struck me as curious is the number of them that are centered around science, technology and medicine. Let me list a few.

>> the link between tobacco and cancer, particularly lung cancer

>> the fluoridation of water supplies to prevent tooth decay

>> the role of chlorofluorinated hydrocarbons in the deterioration of the ozone layer

>> the build up of DDT in the food chain and its effect on both reproduction success in birds and human health.

>> the link between HIV and AIDS

>> the role of vaccination in causing other health issues

>> the historicity of the moon landings

>>UFOs and aliens

>>flat earth

>> chemtrails

>> the human role in CO2 production and climate change

This is hardly an exhaustive list and it is easy to also point out others that have very little, if any, linkage to science, technology or medicine. For example, the historicity of the Holocaust, of the Twin Towers, of the assassination of President Kennedy and of both President Obama's birth place and religion.

What most puzzles me most is the state of mind of both those who advocate these theories and those who so readily subscribe to them. I will throw out a few random thoughts here in the hope that they will generate some discussion.

>> fear and powerlessness --- people feel overwhelmed by events that are beyond their control and require a scapegoat on which to pin their frustration and their anger.

>> fear and ignorance --- people are frightened by their own lack of understanding of the concepts and issues involved and suggest that 'the intellectuals' are trying to put one over on them.

>> the 'little guy syndrome' --- people fear big organizations, big government in particular, and feel the need to lash out at them by suggesting that the little guy is being somehow exploited.

>>contrarianism --- some people love to be different just for the sake of it

>>special knowledge syndrome --- a form of elitism where people like to feel they have some special or secret knowledge that makes them feel smarter and/or better informed than the rest, even if it doesn't have much practical application.

>> religion and political ideologies --- in at least a few cases the culprit is viewed as challenging religious and/or political beliefs.

To illustrate this last point we could look at two examples.

Political --- the fluoridation of water supplies to prevent tooth decay was opposed as a tactic by communists to poison the whole nation. This was particularly effective in the days of the 'red menace' but has a modern counterpart in the paranoia surrounding international terrorism.

Religious --- new technologies are viewed as challenging religious understandings. This goes back a long way in history. Two hundred years ago Timothy Dwight, Presbyterian minister and president of Yale University wrote “If God had decreed from all eternity that a certain person should die of smallpox, it would be a frightful sin to avoid and annul that decree by the trick of vaccination.” Today we see an echo of that religious fear in the debate surrounding stem cell research.

My final observation is that it seems to me that denialists, conspiracy theorists, and biblical fundamentalists / creationists are often the same people.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Over the last while I have been pondering a phenomenon that has actually been going for a very long time. I am referring to Denialists and Conspiracy Theorists. While they might seem to be different behaviours, I think they have a commonality in the sort of mind that subscribes to them. What also struck me as curious is the number of them that are centered around science, technology and medicine. Let me list a few.

>> the link between tobacco and cancer, particularly lung cancer

>> the fluoridation of water supplies to prevent tooth decay

>> the role of chlorofluorinated hydrocarbons in the deterioration of the ozone layer

>> the build up of DDT in the food chain and its effect on both reproduction success in birds and human health.

>> the link between HIV and AIDS

>> the role of vaccination in causing other health issues

>> the historicity of the moon landings

>>UFOs and aliens

>>flat earth

>> chemtrails

>> the human role in CO2 production and climate change

This is hardly an exhaustive list and it is easy to also point out others that have very little, if any, linkage to science, technology or medicine. For example, the historicity of the Holocaust, of the Twin Towers, of the assassination of President Kennedy and of both President Obama's birth place and religion.

What most puzzles me most is the state of mind of both those who advocate these theories and those who so readily subscribe to them. I will throw out a few random thoughts here in the hope that they will generate some discussion.

>> fear and powerlessness --- people feel overwhelmed by events that are beyond their control and require a scapegoat on which to pin their frustration and their anger.

>> fear and ignorance --- people are frightened by their own lack of understanding of the concepts and issues involved and suggest that 'the intellectuals' are trying to put one over on them.

>> the 'little guy syndrome' --- people fear big organizations, big government in particular, and feel the need to lash out at them by suggesting that the little guy is being somehow exploited.

>>contrarianism --- some people love to be different just for the sake of it

>>special knowledge syndrome --- a form of elitism where people like to feel they have some special or secret knowledge that makes them feel smarter and/or better informed than the rest, even if it doesn't have much practical application.

>> religion and political ideologies --- in at least a few cases the culprit is viewed as challenging religious and/or political beliefs.

To illustrate this last point we could look at two examples.

Political --- the fluoridation of water supplies to prevent tooth decay was opposed as a tactic by communists to poison the whole nation. This was particularly effective in the days of the 'red menace' but has a modern counterpart in the paranoia surrounding international terrorism.

Religious --- new technologies are viewed as challenging religious understandings. This goes back a long way in history. Two hundred years ago Timothy Dwight, Presbyterian minister and president of Yale University wrote “If God had decreed from all eternity that a certain person should die of smallpox, it would be a frightful sin to avoid and annul that decree by the trick of vaccination.” Today we see an echo of that religious fear in the debate surrounding stem cell research.

My final observation is that it seems to me that denialists, conspiracy theorists, and biblical fundamentalists / creationists are often the same people.
Do you embrace or deny that you are in the "Denialist" camp?
You seem to have not seen, or ignored a possible interested agnostic group.
Fluoridation has been scientifically proven to make prisoners more docile.
If mass weaponry is real, why not mass poisoning? Are we entirely uninformed about all the experiments the government has conducted on it's own population?
But no, we must frame awareness of that issue with paranoia & little guy resentment of big government.
Pass the blue pills.

Reactions: Prince_Ali
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Do you embrace or deny that you are in the "Denialist" camp?
You seem to have not seen, or ignored a possible interested agnostic group.
Fluoridation has been scientifically proven to make prisoners more docile.
If mass weaponry is real, why not mass poisoning? Are we entirely uninformed about all the experiments the government has conducted on it's own population?
But no, we must frame awareness of that issue with paranoia & little guy resentment of big government.
Pass the blue pills.

Viagara?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.