• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured Why do people reject Jesus Christ?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Emli, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+5,661
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Jesus says,
    "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad." (Matthew 12:30).

2. Bible Highlighter

+5,661
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Please watch the videos and read the tract.
    Otherwise, you will not understand fully what the Bible says on this matter in regards to those who reject the faith.
    Sure, you may have your understanding, but that would not be the understanding given to us by God.

So again. Please watch the videos and read the tract.
    You need them because you need Jesus in your life.

3. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,399
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Emil please remember what the OP question is - This isn't a question of 'Just how strong is your faith'. The OP is asking why it is that Jesus is not universally accepted and you don't seem to be sticking to that question but rather reasserting your own faith. YOUR faith isn't the question asked in the OP

4. Dave G.

Dave G. Well-Known Member

+3,111
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I too believe it's a very wise move to be cautious of the tongues of today. I believe that has ended personally and I believe it is another spirit that brings tongues today. It's mostly charismatics who experience this and who knows the source. But the tongues of Pentecost were languages the people of nations could understand. In other words real languages practiced on earth. If you listen to tongues today, to me it sends a chill up my spine yelling of the demonic realm. I have 0 interest in even going there, it would take a lot of convincing to get me to think modern day tongues are of God.

5. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,399
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Once again - you have drifted completely away from the discussion - You need to stick to the OP. This isn't asking Christians about their own faith. Please stay on track.

6. Emli

Emli Growing daughter of God Supporter

+3,048
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I wrote the OP. Will you re-read it? You're missing a detail. I asked specifically why people reject Jesus after having seen that He is real in some way, after having experienced Him or seen His miracles.

7. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,399
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Jason I suggest you re-read the OP and respect the Original posters intent.

8. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,399
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    exactly - I'd have thought then you'd adhere to the question at hand

9. Emli

+3,048
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Please re-read the OP. I was asking about those who call themselves Christians but are rejecting Jesus, more than about unbelievers.

10. Emli

+3,048
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I am. Are you? Would you quote the OP and make your point based on what it says?

11. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,399
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    therefore responses should be discussing why it is Christians or non-christians believe what they believe - But even YOU - the OP - is turning it into a series of evangelical statements instead of answering your own question.

You should be setting the example and confining discussion to the question - Or start another thread - how strong is your faith etc

12. Bible Highlighter

+5,661
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Zoli:

You have sinned against a Holy God. Without Jesus (God), we will all perish. Jesus died on the cross for you. Jesus died to pay the price for your sins to save you. Jesus went through great pain and suffering to die for you because Jesus loves you so very much. No other religious figure has done this for you. Only Jesus died for your sins and He is able to forgive you of your sins, if you believe right now that He is your Savior and that He died on your behalf and that He has risen from the grave 3 days later (Conquering sin and death). You can be forgiven and saved right now and know God's love, peace, and forgiveness. I invite you to pray this prayer now:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  13. Emli

+3,048
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    We are debating the subject. Are you offended by our witnessing about Jesus? That is a part of the OP. It's not about my faith, it is about Jesus and Him being real.

You didn't read the OP, did you? You just read the title?

14. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,001
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Our flesh is wicked but we live above its challenges in the power of the Holy Spirit.

15. Bible Highlighter

+5,661
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Do you believe we can crucify the affections and lusts as Galatians 5:24 and Romans 13:14 says?

If the affections and the lusts are crucified, then how can they still be hanging around in our flesh?

16. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,001
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Did you crucify the flesh once? Or is it daily?

17. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,399
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Well if you are changing your mind and want this thread to be something like 'Everyone post a witnessing statement' why on earth didn't you just say it - because clearly you are not interested at all in why people do not adopt Christianity and this thread from that perspective has been a waste of time

18. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,399
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Jason - despite @Emli changing his mind and saying this thread isn't about why people reject Jesus (weird title then), I will make my last post in this thread a question. If you had been born in Yemen - what do you imagine your religion to be. I'll leave you to ponder that. Night all

19. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+3,093
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, we have free will to do whatever we like.....it is not my intention to hinder this....Im only trying to understand the thought process. This thread is not about discussing the sin of the people in the bible...it is about discuss the people we see around us....why to people around us reject Jesus.....not the people in the bible.

You are changing the discuss topic again. This is about discuss why people around us sin....not about the discussion of sin. Mention is made of seeing people turn away after knowing this and that. We are talking about people around us, not sin, and not people in the bible.

I see no fault if you desire to be like Paul. And you are talking about going to one who is sinning and telling them of their sin. Im not questioning this, Im questioning going to your christian friends and discussing the sins of others.

I would tell the drunk driver not to drive home and would try to stop him......Im questionings the notion that we should, instead, go to those who dont drink, and discuss why the others are drinking and driving.
    -I would warn my children, I am questioning the notion that is it good to, instead, discuss the wrong doing of the children of others.
    -I agree with speaking up concerning the fellow believer in bible study, I am questioning the notion that we should wait until he is not there, and then have a discussion about why he is doing what he is doing.

It seems that you are still not understanding my thoughts. So we can forget it, for the time being....maybe someone else can help.

I see nothing wrong with the plan of salvation as you present it....

20. Bible Highlighter

+5,661
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    No other religious person died for your sins. Only Jesus did. No other book is divine in origin like the Bible and claims that it is the Word of God (like it does), either.

Check out the many evidences that back up God's Word at my Blogger Article here:

Love Branch: Evidences for the Word of God