• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured Why do people reject Jesus Christ?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Emli, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Emli

Emli Growing daughter of God Supporter

+3,048
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Amen! We should never, ever give up. And never, ever stop reaching out to them. But we also have to stay patient and respect God's timing. And show them the Love of God, in action. That speaks volumes louder than Scripture sometimes, if they can see Him in us. Then they will go read the Bible on their own and hopefully be saved.

2. Hammster

Hammster Melanin Level - Low Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+17,364
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    And again, this is not in response to what I said. I give up. It’s difficult to have a discussion with someone who can’t keep track of a discussion and thinks that we are talking about something else, even when I am trying to answer the question.

Good day.

3. Emli

+3,048
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    :) I am "researching" tongues myself lately. I haven't spoken in real tongues myself (demonic tongues once which made me very careful), but I have had some very interesting experiences with others who speak in tongues, so I know that it exists. But I believe that there is much more to the gift than what most people think (as is everything of God).

I like David Servant, and I will definitely look up the video.

God bless you too, Jason. :)

4. Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. Supporter

+5,659
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Not all religions are the same.
    There is only one truth and that is Jesus Christ.
    He is the way, the truth, and the life.
    A person has to be born again spiritually by Him by seeking forgiveness of their sins with Him. If one has not done so, they will never see what God wants to show them within His Word.

5. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+3,091
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, in fact, I've found that God can make me see in others the things I need to remove in myself......when, once removed, i no longer see it in others.

Are you saying that God will show you sin in others that you then feel free to use to minister to them or others about them? Do you also find comfort in discussing those sins with your brothers in Christ? And when you do, is it to help yourself, or someone else in the future.

Please show me where my post reads that you are hoping a person rejects Christ......maybe i missed a punctuation mark......I'll assume that the rest of your post is charged with the above in mind....so i wont take it into consideration until you have a correct understanding of mine.

Please read the thread from the beginning, and also my reread my posts, as I believe you may be seeing ideas that arent there.

6. Bible Highlighter

+5,659
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes, I am also very careful of those who claim to speak in tongues, too. The Kundalini warning videos by Andrew Strom on YouTube was an eye opening experience for me. It's scary stuff what is happening in our world today.

That is why I would have to pray deeply and fast (even) to see if it is for our day.

Thank you Emli for your defense of God's Word today.
    May God bless you greatly.

7. Emli

+3,048
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Yes, we can. I know for sure. Because I know Him and He has revealed Himself to me, as He will with anyone who seeks Him from a pure heart. Being a follower of Christ does not mean blind faith. God opens our eyes and we know Him personally. I have seen Him do the impossible. No other "god" could ever do those things for me. He changed me, a lot instantly, then a lot more over time. No other "god", no philosophy or science or psychology or any other teaching, could do what Jesus does for those who love Him. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that could. I have searched everywhere, and I couldn't find life or anything that made sense. Then came Jesus, and He flipped my world upside down. Or rather right side up. He is God. He is who He says He is in His Word. So yes, we can know. No one else can say that they know for sure, but once you have known Jesus Christ and have been transformed by His Spirit, then you can know 100% that the Gospel is true.

How can you understand God without getting to know Him?

8. Bible Highlighter

+5,659
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    While this is talking about sin (and not a rejecting of Christ): What do you think transpired at 1 Corinthians 5?
    Was this event recorded in Scripture for our learning?

Some things in life you have to deal with and you cannot just ignore them. Life is not all kittens and lollipops. Paul was quick to deal with sin in the church. He told them to kick out that person who was sinning. This person was ignoring the teachings of Jesus Christ by their justifying sexual immorality.

My apologies. I think I may have misunderstood what you said on this point. As for the rest of what you say, the OP topic of discussion is not wrong because it something that the Bible does talk about.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  9. Emli

+3,048
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I used to have the Kundalini spirit, from my past. I am 100% certain from what I know today that it is the spirit of the anti-christ because of the lies it tells people and it is everywhere all over the world and in the church. It is scary, but if we stay true to God and to His Word, it won't deceive us. He who is in us is greater than he who is in the world.

Thank you too for defending it, and also for correcting me and teaching me something. I appreciate it. God bless you and may He keep opening your eyes!

10. Bible Highlighter

+5,659
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    You are most welcome.
    I am so glad Jesus has delivered you from that.
    Praise God indeed.

May the Lord bless you and keep you in everything you do, Emli. I am so grateful to have another sister to talk with involving the passion and love we both have for the Lord Jesus Christ.

11. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,396
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Don't misunderstand me Jason. I am not denouncing your belief or anyone else's. I am answering the OP question. People hold to their religion based on where they were born and what their parents believed for 95% of people who assert they have a religion. Hindu's Moslems and Buddhists feel just as strongly as you do....it has little to do with the book they hold in their hand though is what I am convinced of - You see, I believe if you had been born in Yemen, or Eritrea, you would be Moslem.

12. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+3,091
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I see spiritual events for my internalization and preparation for glory. But I can understand how a literal interpretation can lead one to believe that the sins of others are being discussed.

How is it that you see these scriptures as a reason that one should discuss the sins of others? Do you see a discussion of sins here...or are they stating actions that should be taken place once sin is found? Do you believe one, or maybe the first, action is to have a discussion about it?

Yes, I agree with being quick with the removal of sin. What I fail to understand, is how having a group conversation about the sin, is being quick with it's removal.

No problem, it happens....

My questions are not about Right and Wrong...I wouldnt offer you that fruit, as I do not partake of it myself. This is just a discussion for those willing to hear it. The bible discusses the sin in me...... I guess I havent come to the point yet where i can use it to talk about the sins in those around me.

What I have obtained came by grace and not by any work of my own.....therefore I have nothing to say about what others are or arent doing......because I did nothing.....

Thanks for trying to help me reach your level of understand.....maybe one day I will....

13. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,396
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Well - of course, you do not literally - We simply don't have that evidence. But I acknowledge that what you mean is you have a complete faith. I accept that.

Well I think thats what everyone tries to do - No matter your religion. We try to understand the very meaning of life, understand our universe and the things around us, and understand the nature of God

14. Bible Highlighter

+5,659
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

Check out this tract here:

You have a date.

15. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,396
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Yes I have seen these youtube videos and similar ones from other religions.

16. Emli

+3,048
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Amen! Praise God!

I am grateful too, and you are a blessing to me. It is strengthening to me to read your posts and also enlightening.

17. Bible Highlighter

+5,659
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Can we not talk about those individuals in the Bible for our learning? Is not all Scripture for instruction in righteousness so that the man of God may be perfect unto every good work?

The Bible is full of warnings not to sin. Are you saying we cannot discuss those Scripture verses?

Paul talked against sin and so did other believers. Are you saying we cannot be like them? If so, what verse or passage says this. Granted, I am not saying we should make a habit to focus on the sins of others as a way of life. We should first judge ourselves and work at living holy and righteous before the Lord and let others know that sinning is wrong if GOD places that situation into our life for us to tell that truth. For would you not tell a drunkard to not sin even more by driving home drunk? Would you not warn your children of committing certain sins to protect them? Would you not correct your children if they did wrong? If a fellow believer was doing something sinful at the Bible study, would you not speak up and or not fellowship with them anymore? There has to be a point where you do not tolerate sin in others. If not, then it means we are putting our stamp of approval on their evil deeds.

Not true. You did have to call unto the Lord for forgiveness to be saved. Without doing that, no salvation would have been available to you. Without that act, God could not save you. God did not force you to seek His forgiveness. He may have nudged you and opened your eyes to repent, but He did not force you to repent. If God did force you to be saved (and it was nothing you did), then why does God command all men to repent? Why does God give us a Bible with many commands in it?

18. Bible Highlighter

+5,659
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Did you watch these particular videos?
    Did you read the tract and consider acting upon it?

19. Emli

+3,048
    Sweden
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Yes, literally. I have seen evidence, and a lot if it. I have seen God's power, His goodness, His love, His miracles, heard His voice, and I have had supernatural experiences that was so powerful I could barely grasp them. It's all real. Everything in the Bible is true. Heaven and Hell, The Holy Trinity, Holy Angels and also fallen angels. The Father is real, Jesus is real, the Holy Spirit is real. I can feel His holiness. I have seen Him heal physically, emotionally and spiritually. I have cast out demons in His name. I have seen Him change the weather instantly after prayer and even commanded the weather in His name. That is literal evidence. Could this all be real if Scripture wasn't true?

Of course, and there is nothing wrong with that. It's good. But if one doesn't seek God and ask Him (which is what I did) then how can you understand Him? It's like with science. If we simply guess, and our methods give us unclear results that are different every time, which proves that it is unreliable, should we not change our methods?

20. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,396
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Jason - you are drifting away from the OP. The question was asking why people across the world don't necessarily accept Jesus was the son of God. You seem to be going off on an evangelical tangent.