Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
This topic was originally going to be called; "Why Do People Troll?" but as I stopped to think about it people do SO much stuff without the fear of being caught. They hurt animals, children, and steal and kill other people. Not only do they don't have that fear, but apparently they don't have any compassion or empathy at all which is really sad. Even when I used to be a school and internet bully I regretted it afterwards. :( (And no, I still have no idea why I used to do this.)

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
GULF BREEZE
✟106,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably not a question that has any singular answer. I try to take comfort in believing there's still good in the world. That there ARE some out there who are compassionate and empathetic. It's just that there's a lot of bad to go along with it.

Upvote 0

Uriah123

Aug 18, 2020
Lusby
✟7,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This topic was originally going to be called; "Why Do People Troll?" but as I stopped to think about it people do SO much stuff without the fear of being caught. They hurt animals, children, and steal and kill other people. Not only do they don't have that fear, but apparently they don't have any compassion or empathy at all which is really sad. Even when I used to be a school and internet bully I regretted it afterwards. :( (And no, I still have no idea why I used to do this.)

Modern Capitalism and Capitalism are two different things. You are hurting People right now with what you are saying right now. Work has alot to do with why People hurt other People. You did serve a positive purpose with writing what you just wrote. Working has alot to do with why People hurt other People.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Modern Capitalism and Capitalism are two different things. You are hurting People right now with what you are saying right now. Work has alot to do with why People hurt other People. You did serve a positive purpose with writing what you just wrote. Working has alot to do with why People hurt other People.

Huh??

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Evil comes in all shapes and sizes.

Let your guard down and evil will jump at the chance to mess with your pure side. A bad thought, a curse, a snide comment etc etc.

As a Christian, this happens more than i would like. I try. But sometimes fail. But, some, are infested with evil. They are controlled by evil. They are on the road to gnashing of teeth!

All i can do, is to try my utmost to stay close to Jesus. And, when i do fall, get right back up and go running to the open arms of Our Lord, pleading for forgiveness with true contrition and a firm purpose of amendment.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged

Confusion.png

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
AR,

There are various degrees of injury. Some people are incapable of healthy relating. Others have been damaged to the point they expect attack and view kindness with suspicion.

Some are starving for love and acceptance. They didn’t receive it or experience a healthy display of each in their childhood. They pursue closeness relentlessly in the hope someone will welcome them with open arms.

There are those who are oblivious to the suffering of others. They’re immersed in daily cares and pay little heed to life outside themselves.

Most people don’t intend to hurt others. But when your brokenness intersects with another the outcome can be uncomfortable. Especially if you rub against an offense, fear, or negative experience you’re oblivious to. Cause and effect follows.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I believe the reason others bully and etc is so they can seem cool and feel better about themselves.
Like they say Hurt people hurt people.

That's sad. Even sadder that's the way I used to be before I repented and found Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Childofgodharrison

Aug 27, 2018
Abilene
✟34,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People hurt each other because we do not fight against flesh and blood. It's a spirit that is influencing that person. Either you are following the Holy Spirit, or an unclean spirit.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
AR,

There are various degrees of injury. Some people are incapable of healthy relating. Others have been damaged to the point they expect attack and view kindness with suspicion.

Some are starving for love and acceptance. They didn’t receive it or experience a healthy display of each in their childhood. They pursue closeness relentlessly in the hope someone will welcome them with open arms.

There are those who are oblivious to the suffering of others. They’re immersed in daily cares and pay little heed to life outside themselves.

Most people don’t intend to hurt others. But when your brokenness intersects with another the outcome can be uncomfortable. Especially if you rub against an offense, fear, or negative experience you’re oblivious to. Cause and effect follows.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

The first category especially applies to me but I see myself in the second and third also . am working on all three of them. am glad Jesus came to redeem us all

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe the reason others bully and etc is so they can seem cool and feel better about themselves.
Like they say Hurt people hurt people.
I

yes. We all carry past hurts or trauma within us

am so glad Jesus came to set us free

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,286.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

People do what's good for them, and what's good for them is not necessarily good for you. This essentially means that people are basically bad and need help to be good.

Mark 7:21-23 ESV
For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

Here badness comes from within.

You will note that the prevailing thought in the West today is that people are basically good. People only do bad things when provoked in some way. Therefore, those who do bad are actually victims.

Here badness comes from the outside.

The consequences of believing that badness comes from the outside means that you allow yourself to become vulnerable to bad things. If you are nice to other people, then you shouldn't be harmed, right? What if a nation thinks that way?

Upvote 0