Why do people disagree on the condition(s) for salvation?

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say that those that bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit are those that would be classed as bona fide Christians. You will know them by observing the fruit they bear.
Amen.
One begets the other.

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,759.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The gospel of Jesus Christ was a mystery, a hidden truth, until the light shone in the darkness.[
Fancy way of avoiding the Gospel of the Kingdom and a Kingdom that until it's existence required no lake of fire or book.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,759.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The will of the Father is to believe in the Son.

We were commanded to love other as Christ has loved us, which is a step up from loving others in the way we love ourselves.
Right.. which is putting the will of the Father before our own and loving all as self. The ways of the Kingdom not of mankind. The Gospel of the Kingdom the apostles taught.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did the Gospel of the Kingdom exist before Jesus taught it or was it to come to fruition by way of His actions? What purpose would a lake of fire or a book serve without the Kingdom?
The good news...of a Savior...was foretold way back in the past.
Jesus was the fulfillment of the appropriate prophesies.
But not being a student of the OT, I can't comment on whether or not there was a mention of future judgement for sin or of what the punishment would be.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,759.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Actually, a Savior was forecast since the book of Genesis.
So were the commandments He taught, putting the will of the Father ahead of our own and loving all as self . But the fruition of the Kingdom was not to be until the work of the Saviour was done. We didn't want God among us so He created a place where those who would prefer His will over our own could come and be with Him instead, living in an environment free of our self serving ways and living accordingly.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So were the commandments He taught, putting the will of the Father ahead of our own and loving all as self . But the fruition of the Kingdom was not to be until the work of the Saviour was done. We didn't want God among us so He created a place where those who would prefer His will over our own could come and be with Him instead, living in an environment free of our self serving ways and living accordingly.
OK...

Upvote 0

bling

Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟794,653.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whether one is saved or not is of utmost importance. Why can Christians not agree on this topic?
You might be asking for the West to go through some severe persecution to clear this matter up like a lot of other differences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is one of the main problems that I have encountered in Christianity.

Doctrines not based on the apostles teaching but rather doctrine developed from the accounts written about the life of Jesus (the gospels).

many churches love to preach from the red letters in the bible and like to model themselves after the early acts church

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I can only repeat what scripture says.
BTW, I have already suffered my judgement, and the verdict for my sins was death. (Rom 6:23)
That death was accomplished at my crucifixion with Christ. (Rom 6:3-6)
A new creature was then raised with Christ to walk in newness of life.
What kind of life?
Rom 6:7 spells it out..."For he that is dead is freed from sin."
Christians, unlike unbelievers, are able not to sin. The new nature we receive at the new birth does not sin. The tempter, Satan, is still out there and it is still possible for Christians to sin. Your idea that Christians do not sin is out of line with the word of God.
Cherry picking Bible verses to suit your own false notions is a really bad idea. You make yourself the arbiter of who is born again and who is not. If you are right, then all who are born again are instantly perfect. It's a ridiculous idea.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Christians, unlike unbelievers, are able not to sin. The new nature we receive at the new birth does not sin. The tempter, Satan, is still out there and it is still possible for Christians to sin. Your idea that Christians do not sin is out of line with the word of God.
Cherry picking Bible verses to suit your own false notions is a really bad idea. You make yourself the arbiter of who is born again and who is not. If you are right, then all who are born again are instantly perfect. It's a ridiculous idea.
Yes we are instantly perfect.

1 John 3:9
No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Not only is it true that we cannot sin because all sin is forgiven anyway and we confess our sin.

Philippians 3:9
And may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith.

It is also true that we have the very righteousness of Christ, a perfect righteousness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes we are instantly perfect.

No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Not only is it true that we cannot sin because all sin is forgiven anyway and we confess our sin.

Philippians 3:9
And may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith.

It is also true that we have the very righteousness of Christ, a perfect righteousness.
Spiritually, yes. In experience no. Anyone who says that they have no sin is a liar and the truth is not in them. Written to Christians, not unbelievers.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,746.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this a problem?

So some people will be confused about the conditions for salvation, as I have stated previously.

The main confusion is that some Christians read what Jesus said in the 4 Gospels, and they are confused because some of what he said seems to imply that they need to do works in order to be saved.

Some of these include Matthew 7:21 and Luke 10:25-37

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Spiritually, yes. In experience no. Anyone who says that they have no sin is a liar and the truth is not in them. Written to Christians, not unbelievers.
Spiritually yes, and that is what matters.

Christ is the one who declares you perfect. You don't declare yourself perfect based on your own evaluation of your life as a Christian.

Everyone sins and that is the truth.

It is what Christ did for us and not what we have done for Christ, that determines our perfect standing.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Spiritually yes, and that is what matters.

Christ is the one who declares you perfect. You don't declare yourself perfect based on your own evaluation of your life as a Christian.

Everyone sins and that is the truth.

It is what Christ did for us and not what we have done for Christ, that determines our perfect standing.
I agree with that. I take issue with those who claim to be sinless in this lifetime. From God's perspective, we are complete. But it has to be prefaced by, "In Christ".
There are two needs for the believer.
1.When we are born again, we know nothing. God begins to reveal Himself and His word to our spirit man. We grow spiritually by what we know intuitively
2. Our soul is not born again. We have all kinds of issues, false beliefs, attitude problems and soul wounds. Such problems hinder and weigh us down and they need to be resolved. It's process that takes a lifetime. But there should be progress continually.

Upvote 0