• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Why do people always give a you need more Jesus answers when you're talking about loneliness?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by zxcv, Jul 29, 2017.

1. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+187
    Christian
    Single
    I'm just getting tired of all these you need more Jesus type answers. I'm mean God lives inside of us through the Holy Spirit, We already have more Jesus. I'm basically at a point where my faith is pretty much running on pure logic at this point.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. RC1970

RC1970 post tenebras lux

+1,532
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    If you can't be satisfied with just Jesus, then you're not going to be satisfied.

• Like Like x 3
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  3. MustardSeeed

MustardSeeed Ambivert

+768
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Use the time to find yourself and do the things you enjoy
    Being in a relationship is not all what it's cracked up to be and it takes time and energy to be with another person
    Transform your loneliness into solitude and character building
    "loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self"

Are you extroverted?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+187
    Christian
    Single
    I'm a introvert. Solitude used to be a strength 10 years ago, now it's just loneliness.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Chipsj15

Chipsj15 New Member

+46
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Here is something that might help you out a little - it did for me at least. I am a single Christian too and I have incredible desires to be married and to have that partner and companion in my life that God has set forth for me, so I often times struggle with loneliness - and it hurts! About a week ago, my boss (who is also single...) sent me a sermon on singleness. I can certainly post this sermon on here if you would like me to, but what I got out of it the most was this. For all of us who are not yet married, God gives us seasons of singleness and seasons of commitment with others. Just like any other season that we are given by our Father, it is for us to grow. Now, when were are single, (just like Paul talks about in 1 Corinthians 7) we are to focus our devotion on God! God is giving us this season of singleness for us to focus on Him. What this IS NOT implying (which, I feel like most people like to imply) is that God is calling us to be single for the rest of our lives. Now, in some situations, yes, but with those who have these desires I would argue otherwise. So, if you have the strong desires for a partner and companion, then they will come eventually in God's timing. But as of right now, God has YOU in this season of singleness for a reason! If you do decide to watch the sermon, or even look at any married couple, you'll learn that you will never have as much freedom as you do now. What does this mean? You have endless opportunities to do whatever you want - that especially includes your ministry that God has you in at this current time! Hang in there, Paul tells us that it is better for us to marry than to burn with passion, so do not be shaken!

One more thing... If you notice, before Adam received Eve he had named all the animals!! So even Adam got a lot done within his ministry before he received his partner and companion!

In Christ.

• Like Like x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  6. MustardSeeed

MustardSeeed Ambivert

+768
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Hm, yeah I see. How old are you? What are the most notable things you have discovered about yourself during you singleness/solitude?

It does seem to be a common problem for introverts to find companions depending on how introverted they are

7. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+187
    Christian
    Single
    29, I've basically figured out more exactly what I'm looking for in a girl.

8. MustardSeeed

MustardSeeed Ambivert

+768
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    What did you discover about yourself during this time? Your strengths, your weaknesses? Or did you spend most of the time thinking about a partner?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  9. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+187
    Christian
    Single
    Anyway the loneliness has probably done a lot more damage to my faith than anything else.

10. THE W

THE W AFRIKANB0T

+2,462
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    if a woman is what you want, what are you doing to make yourself a man that a woman would want to be with? what are you doing to prepare to be a husband and father?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat For who can resist his will?

+2,559
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    You won't solve your loneliness problem by complaining about christian scripture or advice. If that doesn't work for you then just ignore it. I wouldn't get upset if I'm on a christian forum and other christians offer biblical advice. If you want secular advice go on a secular forum is my best advice. If christianity doesn't help you here then explore other alternatives. Nothing wrong with approaching this in a more secular way. Plenty of atheists are just as lonely as you are, and some have solved it obviously without God and jesus, others haven't. Plenty of unhappy people whether they believe in God or not, I know God helped me but it's not an overnight thing. I saw a youtuber say they tried "the god thing" for 7 years going to church each week praying till they cried each night, speaking in tongues and they quit because they said it didn't work. They still had problems.

I'm not sure what I would tell that youtuber because I don't know why it didn't work. I don't know why God works for some and doesn't work for others. I think we all need to go this journey at our own pace, in our own way, but we must always keep looking for answers to our questions. I've reached a point where I'm no longer looking for answers anymore. I have all I need. I hope you get there too, but I know I wouldn't be where I am in an amazing spiritual state of Godly peace if it weren't for not just reading the bible or knowing the bible but believing every little jot and tittle. What good is praying to God each night, going to church each week, praying in tongues, if you don't believe what is written? I'm not saying you don't I just know this youtuber didn't and if people want to know why God isn't working it is simply because they don't believe every part of his written word. If you believed in the verses below you would not be lonely, you would experience peace and happiness. You can't believe every word in the bible is true and be sad or lonely or miserable for very long if at all. I can't remember the last time I was miserable to be honest with you.

I will actually post the verses in a post below this so you can read some of these and see if you really believe them to be true. If you find some you just know you don't believe,work on faith in those because they are as true as Jesus Christ being risen from the dead, and I know you believe that. The problem lies in you not believing the other parts in scripture or in this case the scriptures related to loneliness.

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  12. ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat For who can resist his will?

+2,559
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    In Christ I renounce the lie that I am rejected, unloved, dirty, or shameful because in Christ I am completely accepted. God says…

I am God’s child (John 1:12)
    I am Christ’s friend (John 15:5)
    I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
    I am united with the Lord and I am one spirit with Him (1 Corinthians 6:17)
    I have been bought with a price: I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:19,20)
    I am a member of Christ’s body (1 Corinthians 12:27)
    I am a saint, a holy one (Ephesians 1:1)
    I have been adopted as God’s child (Ephesians 1:5)
    I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:18)
    I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins (Colossians 1:14)
    I am complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10)
    I renounce the lie that I am guilty, unprotected, alone, or abandoned because in Christ I am totally secure. God says… I am free forever from condemnation (Romans 8:1,2)
    I am assured that all things work together for good (Romans 8:28)
    I am free from any condemning charges against me (Romans 8:31-34)
    I cannot be separated from the love of God (Romans 8:35-39)
    I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God (2 Corinthians 1:21,22)
    I am confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected (Philippians 1:6)
    I am a citizen of heaven (Philippians 3:20)
    I am hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)
    I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
    I can find grace and mercy to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:16)
    I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me (1 John 5:18)
    I renounce the lie that I am worthless, inadequate, helpless, or hopeless because in Christ I am deeply significant. God says… I am the salt of the earth and the light of the world (Matthew 5:13,14)
    I am a branch of the true vine, Jesus, a channel of His life (John 15:1,5)
    I have been chosen and appointed by God to bear fruit (John 15:16)
    I am a personal, Spirit-empowered witness of Christ’s (Acts 1:8)
    I am a temple of God (1 Corinthians 3:16)

I am a minister of reconciliation for God (2 Corinthians 5:17-21)
    I am God’s coworker (2 Corinthians 6:1)
    I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm (Ephesians 2:6)
    I am God’s workmanship, created for good works (Ephesians 2:10)
    I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Ephesians 3:12)
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! (Philippians 4:13)
    I am not the great “I Am,” but by the grace of God I am what I am. (See Exodus 3:14; John 8:24,28,58; 1

-Neil T Anderson

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  13. redblue22

redblue22 You Are Special.

+1,442
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong or that you have some task to fulfill. Many people suffer. I don't know why. I think you do well not listening to Job's friends.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,459
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I'm about 36, never married, never sex. Only had 1 GF my entire life lasting only one month!

I have way bigger problems than that as well!

The secret to happiness is finding meaning and purpose in your life. It's far bigger than having many meaningless relationships. If you can't find meaning and purpose in your life, you can at least pretend to have one and act like you do! Let your imagination fly! Fly away my brother!:rocket:

15. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+5,181
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    I am older than you are. Never been in a relationship, though I have wanted one. I have been lonely for longer than you. Remembering who I am in Jesus and sharing my burden with him is what keeps me relatively centered. Running to Jesus is where the help is.
    Then you should know that logically, having or not having a girlfriend has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Christianity is true. If that is the case, then why is your faith damaged?

16. Anthony7

Anthony7 Rigatoni

+4,630
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    If you want God to bring someone into your life, you have to remember that's His daughter, and He wants the best for her. We can't just ask God to bring someone into our life casually, we need to be ready and prepared. That's why I brought up fasting in the other topic; to discern His will, to find out why He hasn't answered this prayer and to learn what to do to prepare.

These are questions I challenge myself with:
    • Am I ultimately content in my relationship with God? He won't allow me to turn to any other source to be content with except Him in grace. Companionship won't meet the deep-rooted needs of our heart, only God can. That's the whole point of eternity, is to be with Him and know Him personally.
    • Am I well-grounded in the Word and prepared to be a spiritual leader?
    • Will I be able to support her emotionally, financially and spiritually?
    • Do I understand the importance of communication and be able to work things out together with her? Many problems will arise and that's something we should be prepared for.
    • Am I serious about being committed and selfless to this person? Can I see myself marrying her one day? If not, and just end up being stuck in a relationship, it won't amount to anything and we'll both eventually lose interest / break up.
    • Am I interested in only whoever I can get, or do I want God's best for me? I'm very cautious in making sure the person whom I'm getting to know is born-again of the Holy Spirit, has a fear / reverence for God and would be dedicated. Also, would she have the personality I'm looking for?
    The verse Matthew 6:33 may have become cliche in situations like this, but it's still a principle God operates by. We need to be content with God first and be prepared before He brings her into our life. Also, I've heard many, many testimonies of fellow Christians going through the exact same thing. This is just my opinion, but I do believe God is getting us ready for something that's about to happen, and wants us focused on Him right now.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. ReesePiece23

ReesePiece23 The Peanut Buttery Member.

+2,814
    Christian
    I sympathise, because it is a cop out answer, espechially without providing extensive detail.

Jesus isn't a single dimensional 'thing' or being. He's in everything you do, everything you think and in everything you are. If you were to meet a group of friends (seemingly at random) and you hit it off and had the best experiences together and grew, then that is Jesus showing himself in ONE form.

If you were to have a thought, that lead you to take an action, which then became something you do regularly. And through that you became a talented success, then that is Jesus showing himself in ANOTHER form.

The path you're on and the journey you take, is Jesus guiding you through your story. I believe we all have our own story - to the point that when I pray, I pray that no matter what happens, I stay on Jesus' journey. Because you can't go wrong.

If you feel hopeless now, then you need to remember that the story is only just beginning. All of what you're going through now, is going to be what you look back on when you're celebrating your success.

Hard times just make us greatful later on. And greatful people ALWAYS receive the most blessings. Some of the most successful people in the world are also the most greatful. They always reflect back to harder times and celebrate where they are now. Never taking anything for granted.

Sin, is anything that causes us to deviate from our story - i.e. procrastinate, moan about how our lives suck, partake in distracting activities (remember the weeds and the wheat parable), and just about anything that takes us away from God.

That is why people say you need more Jesus.

18. zxcv

zxcv Newbie

+187
    Christian
    Single
    Relationships are the meaning of life. Relationship with God and relationship with others.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. redblue22

redblue22 You Are Special.

+1,442
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I àgree. Comments about how someone else has it worse helps nothing. Your cancer does not heal my broken leg. It just shows you aren't listening or don't care.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. timewerx

timewerx the village i--o--t--

+4,459
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Of course, Friendships!