• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Why do Jews reject Jesus Christ?

Discussion in 'Debate Other Religions & Faiths' started by Al Masihi, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Al Masihi

Al Masihi Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,307
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    Exodus 20:4 God condemned the carving of statues for the sake of worshipping them as idols, it doesn’t forbid all images. God commands Moses to carve statues for a religious purpose: two cherubim which would sit atop the Ark of the Covenant. Nice try, but I’ve already walked down this verse with Protestants and Evangelicals.

2. Eliyahu52

Eliyahu52 Member

+25
    Israel
    Judaism
    Private
    You seem to be very hard of understanding, I say that his disciples broke the shabbat. But no problem, I'll post this again:

But his disciples did, and he condoned it. And that is a sin, because it is forbidden to condone sin:
    "You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him."
    Lev 19:17

So he was not sinless. And of course he also changed the law, which is also an evil sin.

Here are more sins of him recorded:

http://www.noahide.com/yeshu.htm

1. Jesus repudiated the laws of kosher food (Mark 7:18-19). [Compare this to the prophet Daniel's strict adherence to kashrus, in Daniel chapter 1.]
    2. He repudiated the laws of honoring one's parents, and called on his followers to hate their parents; he also dishonored his own mother (Matthew 10:34-36; Matthew 12:46-50; Luke 14:26).
    3. He violated the Sabbath by picking grain, and incited his disciples to do the same (Matthew 12:1-8; Mark 2:23-26).
    4. 4) He again violated the Sabbath by healing a man's arm, which was not a matter of saving a life, and he openly defied the rabbis in his total repudiation of the Sabbath (Matthew 12:9-13; Mark 3:1-5). [Compare this to G-d's view of violating the Sabbath, in Numbers 15:32-36, Nehemiah 10:30-32, and dozens of other places throughout the Bible.]
    5. Jesus brazenly defied and disobeyed the rabbis of the Sanhedrin, repudiating their authority (This is recorded in many places throughout the New Testament, but look especially at Matthew 23:13-39 and John 8:44-45).
    The Talmud (Babylonian edition) records other sins of "Jesus the Nazarene":

1. He and his disciples practiced sorcery and black magic, led Jews astray into idolatry, and were sponsored by foreign, gentile powers for the purpose of subverting Jewish worship (Sanhedrin 43a).
    2. He was sexually immoral, worshipped statues of stone (a brick is mentioned), was cut off from the Jewish people for his wickedness, and refused to repent (Sanhedrin 107b; Sotah 47a).
    3. He learned witchcraft in Egypt and, to perform miracles, used procedures that involved cutting his flesh—which is also explicitly banned in the Bible (Shabbos 104b).

3. Al Masihi

+2,307
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    The Talmud doesn’t mention Jesus, it’s a well known myth. Daniel kept the Kosher laws because he was under the law. Also the Link I gave refutes the charge of breaking the Sabbath.

4. Eliyahu52

Eliyahu52 Member

+25
    Israel
    Judaism
    Private
    Bs"d

Christianity is backtracking on that one, because everybody can see it is total nonsense.

So now you say it is "TOPIC ISAAC JESUS".

So I just gave you some "Topic messiah rooster". It is about on the same level of idiocy.

5. Eliyahu52

Eliyahu52 Member

+25
    Israel
    Judaism
    Private
    Bs"d

Ah right, Daniel was under the law, but then again, so was JC. But he discarded those laws, and therefore he did NOT fulfil the law.

And harvesting on the shabbat is forbidden, no matter how much bla bla bla you throw against it.

One way or another; JC was a sinner, and he did NOT fulfil the law.
    Het transgressed it and changed it. And that is forbidden of course.

http://tinyurl.com/Proverbs-28-9

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  6. Eliyahu52

Eliyahu52 Member

+25
    Israel
    Judaism
    Private
    Bs"d

This is the commandment in the Torah: "4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;"
    Ex 20

With or without worshipping; making statues is forbidden.

And God only commanded to make statues for the ark cover.

Every other making of statues is forbidden. I'll post this again, because you seem not seem not so fast in getting the picture:

"4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;"
    Ex 20

http://tinyurl.com/statue-no-no

7. Al Masihi

+2,307
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    Where does it say only statues of the Ark are allowed, by that logic we shouldn’t even take pictures with cameras. The verse is speaking of images of worship not all statues or images. And if this is correct according to your own interpretation God was wrong to command Moses to make statues and images on the Ark and was in contradiction to himself.

8. Al Masihi

+2,307
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    Again you avoided the argument.

9. Al Masihi

+2,307
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    Again you just avoided everything I said. So I don’t think there’s a reason to continue claiming things if you can’t refute anything.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  10. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

+1,036
    Poland
    Christian
    Private

11. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,568
    Judaism
    Married
    So, it's been about a month and a half since people posted here. Quite long enough for things to calm down. Would anybody like to continue the discussion in a calm and collected way? It was just too heated for me before.

12. Al Masihi

+2,307
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    Same with me, I would like to continue, but perhaps it’s better to do so in a private conversation.

13. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,568
    Judaism
    Married
    Oooh. Private messages. A knock-down drag-out free-for-all! Two men enter, one man leaves. Then the second man leaves a short time later.

14. Al Masihi

+2,307
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    One man doesn’t have to leave, we can come to mutual understandings.

15. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,568
    Judaism
    Married
    Sorry, I have a weird sense of humor. I agree.

16. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+10,837
    United States
    Married
    With the last two thousand years or so as a reference, I am pretty sure I know what the outcome will be.

17. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,568
    Judaism
    Married
    Sure, but it's fun sometimes. :)

18. The Gryphon

The Gryphon Well-Known Member

+221
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    They were deceived and blinded just as EVE was in the Garden and because of that I a Barbarian am now a Christian Zionist that stands with Israel!

Romans 11:24-27 New King James Version (NKJV)
    24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own blindness in part has happened to Israel "saved", as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion",
    And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
    27 For this is My covenant with them,
    When I take away their sins.”

19. danny ski

danny ski Newbie

+486
    Judaism
    Private
    Consider the source. "As it is written"??! Paul completely misquoted the prophet.

20. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+10,837
    United States
    Married
    Didn’t you get the memo? The Jewz changed Isaiah to blind us.

I’ll have Schlomo forward it to you.