Why do I still age if I haven`t done anything wrong?

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,620.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's not the year, it is the mileage.

But realistically, Just as God scattered the people and confounded the language after Babel he also limits the time a human has to cause damage or good. Look at dictators who rule, would you want it forever? How about the do gooders. Does not their example live on without them? Without death there is no growth, whatever direction it takes.

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

But realistically, Just as God scattered the people and confounded the language after Babel he also limits the time a human has to cause damage or good. Look at dictators who rule, would you want it forever? How about the do gooders. Does not their example live on without them? Without death there is no growth, whatever direction it takes.

So this eternal life talk from believers is wrong basically?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

honestly I’ve never believed that story , without death we’d all have syndactly of the fingers and toes.
015DC52B-109B-4263-8EF3-3DDCB5C79B02.jpeg

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Well, I guess I`m aging like everyone else even though I can`t really say I have done anything wrong to anyone or something and I`m not denying god or jesus ether, so I still age and die and lose my body I have now?

Are you trying to suggest that you are sinless? Most people start sinning when they are very small by defying or disobeying their parent. As life goes on, even the "good people" sin in thought most, if not every day. You aren't ever envious? You haven't ever had a dirty or angry thought? You give the minute you see a need, even if it means that you might be uncomfortable? You haven't ever been mean to someone?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,620.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Genesis 3:22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

We come with factory planned obsolescence.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, I guess I`m aging like everyone else even though I can`t really say I have done anything wrong to anyone or something and I`m not denying god or jesus ether, so I still age and die and lose my body I have now?
As St. John said, "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

And if you're an agnostic, you're denying something.

Upvote 0

Principium

Jun 10, 2019
Lena
✟12,731.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As St. John said, "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."

And if you're an agnostic, you're denying something.

But if you mean you get eternal life if you really and truly do everything right, why haven`t anyone done it already?

Upvote 0