Ontario
✟17,310.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am currently in my last year college and I would love to have a godly relationship that will lead somewhere but the guys i have been meeting do not share the same beliefs/faith as me.

I am a Christian and I would definitely love to meet Christian men so I am just chilling and waiting on God

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's helpful to nurture friendships with single and married Christians. Are you connected with others who share your beliefs at school and home? Getting involved in activities at church, volunteering, and engaging hobbies with like-minded people is beneficial. But its necessary to leave room for the unexpected.

I met someone on a forum I used to frequent. He responded to something I'd written on etiquette and sent a private message seeking advice. We discovered our compatibility through discussion and sharing. That wasn't intended but it happened.

Faith is an important starting point but I encourage you to consider the qualities that add to your person. Knowing your strengths and struggles will shine light on suitors worth considering. And what do you offer in return? How can you add value to their lives?

The ideal connections are mutually fulfilling. Good luck on your search. :)

~Bella

• Agree
Reactions: RayofSun
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am currently in my last year college and I would love to have a godly relationship that will lead somewhere but the guys i have been meeting do not share the same beliefs/faith as me.

I am a Christian and I would definitely love to meet Christian men so I am just chilling and waiting on God
Ask yourself...Where would the kind of guy I seek go?
Churches? Growing in Christ.
Food banks? Helping others.
Orphanages? Helping others.
Hospitals? Helping others.
Now, go and do likewise.
Volunteerism is a trait of Christianity.

Reactions: venksta
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you do what God has you do, you could meet others who are doing this. There could be a guy, or not; but you will discover truly Christian people also doing what you do . . . possibly.

And just trust God to take care of things.

And be a good witness with whomever does meet you, even if the man is not a Christian.

But I would be careful in church > there can be men who are chameleons. And ones who have grown up in church culture can know the word and it can be natural for them to act according to the culture and seem very honorable; they can tone their voices. So, make sure you grow in Jesus so you can tell the difference, plus be an example for anyone who is a chameleon.

Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Missjay

Apr 30, 2020
Ontario
✟17,310.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
What do your social circles look like?
My social circle is pretty small, I go to church but the lot of them in church are either very old, young and married or young and not looking into any relationship. I am mostly an introvert and I like keeping to myself. The few times I socialize I don't really meet much people or meet people whose goals are not aligned with mine

Upvote 0

Missjay

Apr 30, 2020
Ontario
✟17,310.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If you do what God has you do, you could meet others who are doing this. There could be a guy, or not; but you will discover truly Christian people also doing what you do . . . possibly.

And just trust God to take care of things.

And be a good witness with whomever does meet you, even if the man is not a Christian.

But I would be careful in church > there can be men who are chameleons. And ones who have grown up in church culture can know the word and it can be natural for them to act according to the culture and seem very honorable; they can tone their voices. So, make sure you grow in Jesus so you can tell the difference, plus be an example for anyone who is a chameleon.
Thank you, I have learned to wait on God and trust his plans for me. Some people just go to church because its what's their parents want for them, not because they have the personal conviction and believe in christ. It is hard to tell who is who these days but I know that God always has plans so us. So I would just pray and wait

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My social circle is pretty small, I go to church but the lot of them in church are either very old, young and married or young and not looking into any relationship. I am mostly an introvert and I like keeping to myself. The few times I socialize I don't really meet much people or meet people whose goals are not aligned with mine
For what it's worth, you can look at joining a campus ministry. However, you should go not exclusively to meet men, but also to make friends with Christian women, and to sharpen your walk. You'll have a better experience that way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Missjay

Apr 30, 2020
Ontario
✟17,310.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
For what it's worth, you can look at joining a campus ministry. However, you should go not exclusively to meet men, but also to make friends with Christian women, and to sharpen your walk. You'll have a better experience that way.
Thanks, I am already a part of my denominational campus/youth fellowship. I attend some of the extracurricular activities too

Upvote 0

Missjay

Apr 30, 2020
Ontario
✟17,310.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
OK. Are there no guys there?
There are plenty guys there, I only talk to a handful and most of them don't want anything serious. I was discussing with one of them sometimes back regarding relationships and he said he wasn't ready for anything serious till like 5-8 years to come

I feel like I don't meet new people cause I hardly go out, I'm either busy with school or not really interested in going out in my spare time. I need to expand my circle and communicate with people more

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was discussing with one of them sometimes back regarding relationships and he said he wasn't ready for anything serious till like 5-8 years to come
Well, if he knows what he is doing . . . if God is giving him vision for what he will be doing 5-8 years from now . . . and if you are a for-real lady of Jesus, appreciate having time to share with him so you see how a real man of God is and relates . . . so you can prepare to share your life with a man like this. And if he knows what he is doing, and you are a real Jesus lady, he can share with you so he is learning how to relate with a really Christian sister.

If you want a real guy in God's way of marriage, appreciate your time sharing with any one or more Christian brothers you have now. This way you can learn how to relate with a real one, and this can help you to not fall for someone who is not for real.

Even though I am not married, I learn how the real Jesus ladies are, and who is not how I understand God would want my wife to be . . . just in case I am still meant to discover who I belong with in marriage. I am learning my standard for how she should be . . . and how I need to become . . . so we don't accept less.

I think I am seeing how some number of married couples did not first establish their Biblical principles of how to relate in marriage. They perhaps just fell in selfishness with each other, instead of growing in God's love with one another. And now they can readily fall apart in fighting and bad tempered stuff.

Because . . . while maybe they have a moral principle not to commit adultery or kill each other . . . they do not have principles of how to be faithful to Jesus > they do have affairs with arguing and complaining and being unforgiving and bitter.

Instead > I think there are things of God's word to develop in now >

"the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church" (in Ephesians 5:23)

Of course, ones right away on reading or hearing this can get into a tumult . . . because they are un-subject spirits. And this is why they can not submit to how Jesus gives us "rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30) And I keep hearing from women who can not understand why they keep giving in to stress and workaholic stuff . . . while they insist they are not going to be slaves of their husbands > and yet they are slaves of their own stress and workaholic stuff and ongoing hurts.

And they don't even trust their own husbands, of all things!!

I would say you belong with a guy who is your head . . . someone you trust, not that you are a slave. My body is not a slave of my head . . . of course. Plus, my head can not make it without my body, wouldn't you agree? :)

And Jesus our head is our example of how to be and how to love >

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

So, your man would be someone who feeds you this, I would consider. He is an example who helps you to grow in Jesus, including how Jesus has us submitting to God in His peace while sweetly pleasing Him and loving any and all people as ourselves . . . like Jesus did on the cross.

And I think you can see the advantage, then, of getting to know men like this, even if you don't marry one of them. And if you want this, you will be God's blessing to such brothers, to help them become more real with God . . . so may be they are ready for some other sister whom God is preparing for them, but you have helped them > "It is more blessed to give than to receive" comes to mind > this is a quote of Jesus, in Acts 20:35.

Be appreciative, then, of any moment with any really Christian brother. And with each one you can develop in how to relate. And, by the way, he needs to get how to be really submissive, too, since he is expected to submit exactly to how God rules Him in God's own peace. So, your man you belong with is not really bossing you, but both of you are submitting to God, and God has you simultaneously submitting to however your husband guides you.

But there are un-subject people who are taking things into their own hands and being their own person. And the emotional havoc of that betrays how well that works!

Now, for someone who supposes holy matrimony is one-way slavery of a wife to her husband > how about how >

"the husband does not have power over his own body, but the wife does"? lolololololol

This is in 1 Corinthians 7:4. Oh, this is the "Singles" section, not "Christian Advice"; so we can have a little discussion here . . . if you want.

Oh, and to keep this on track with your question in the title of this thread > as you invest in how the Bible says to relate, this can help prepare you for marriage.

Plus, as God knows you are growing in this . . . as His child, whom He knows how to take care of :idea: > He will have brothers and successful married couples showing up to help you along while you help them along. He is like a parent who can see how one's child is developing, and that parent brings along what the child is ready to deal with.

And, of course, the child will need to learn how to handle each thing; correction will be needed, and the parent's personal guiding.

So, I would say, invest in being able to be personally guided by God in His peace > Colossians 3:15, Proverbs 3:5-6 > so then you know how to be personally guided about each man you share with. And the ones not for real are being trusted to you, by God, so they can get your help and good example.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Missjay

Apr 30, 2020
Ontario
✟17,310.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well, if he knows what he is doing . . . if God is giving him vision for what he will be doing 5-8 years from now . . . and if you are a for-real lady of Jesus, appreciate having time to share with him so you see how a real man of God is and relates . . . so you can prepare to share your life with a man like this. And if he knows what he is doing, and you are a real Jesus lady, he can share with you so he is learning how to relate with a really Christian sister.

If you want a real guy in God's way of marriage, appreciate your time sharing with any one or more Christian brothers you have now. This way you can learn how to relate with a real one, and this can help you to not fall for someone who is not for real.

Even though I am not married, I learn how the real Jesus ladies are, and who is not how I understand God would want my wife to be . . . just in case I am still meant to discover who I belong with in marriage. I am learning my standard for how she should be . . . and how I need to become . . . so we don't accept less.

I think I am seeing how some number of married couples did not first establish their Biblical principles of how to relate in marriage. They perhaps just fell in selfishness with each other, instead of growing in God's love with one another. And now they can readily fall apart in fighting and bad tempered stuff.

Because . . . while maybe they have a moral principle not to commit adultery or kill each other . . . they do not have principles of how to be faithful to Jesus > they do have affairs with arguing and complaining and being unforgiving and bitter.

Instead > I think there are things of God's word to develop in now >

"the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church" (in Ephesians 5:23)

Of course, ones right away on reading or hearing this can get into a tumult . . . because they are un-subject spirits. And this is why they can not submit to how Jesus gives us "rest for your souls." (in Matthew 11:28-30) And I keep hearing from women who can not understand why they keep giving in to stress and workaholic stuff . . . while they insist they are not going to be slaves of their husbands > and yet they are slaves of their own stress and workaholic stuff and ongoing hurts.

And they don't even trust their own husbands, of all things!!

I would say you belong with a guy who is your head . . . someone you trust, not that you are a slave. My body is not a slave of my head . . . of course. Plus, my head can not make it without my body, wouldn't you agree? :)

And Jesus our head is our example of how to be and how to love >

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

So, your man would be someone who feeds you this, I would consider. He is an example who helps you to grow in Jesus, including how Jesus has us submitting to God in His peace while sweetly pleasing Him and loving any and all people as ourselves . . . like Jesus did on the cross.

And I think you can see the advantage, then, of getting to know men like this, even if you don't marry one of them. And if you want this, you will be God's blessing to such brothers, to help them become more real with God . . . so may be they are ready for some other sister whom God is preparing for them, but you have helped them > "It is more blessed to give than to receive" comes to mind > this is a quote of Jesus, in Acts 20:35.

Be appreciative, then, of any moment with any really Christian brother. And with each one you can develop in how to relate. And, by the way, he needs to get how to be really submissive, too, since he is expected to submit exactly to how God rules Him in God's own peace. So, your man you belong with is not really bossing you, but both of you are submitting to God, and God has you simultaneously submitting to however your husband guides you.

But there are un-subject people who are taking things into their own hands and being their own person. And the emotional havoc of that betrays how well that works!

Now, for someone who supposes holy matrimony is one-way slavery of a wife to her husband > how about how >

"the husband does not have power over his own body, but the wife does"? lolololololol

This is in 1 Corinthians 7:4. Oh, this is the "Singles" section, not "Christian Advice"; so we can have a little discussion here . . . if you want.

Oh, and to keep this on track with your question in the title of this thread > as you invest in how the Bible says to relate, this can help prepare you for marriage.

Plus, as God knows you are growing in this . . . as His child, whom He knows how to take care of :idea: > He will have brothers and successful married couples showing up to help you along while you help them along. He is like a parent who can see how one's child is developing, and that parent brings along what the child is ready to deal with.

And, of course, the child will need to learn how to handle each thing; correction will be needed, and the parent's personal guiding.

So, I would say, invest in being able to be personally guided by God in His peace > Colossians 3:15, Proverbs 3:5-6 > so then you know how to be personally guided about each man you share with. And the ones not for real are being trusted to you, by God, so they can get your help and good example.
I am happy with this response, you touched a lot. I know that it is important to wait on God, listen to his plans and follow thoroughly. While I am waiting, I am seriously learning.

The brother and I discussed and honestly our interest are not aligned. Though I am not saying I cannot wait 5-8 years if God so desire. but we just want different things. While it is important to grow and find yourself before marriage, it is so important to grow together in marriage.

I also agree that we can help each other grow in christ and not even be in any relationship. We are very good friends and we learn, pray with and pray for each other

I would like to discuss more with you, I do not know how to PM on this plat form. Kindly PM me if you can. Thank you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Giving Adam a partner was the last thing on God's to do list. :)

I was single for the most part all throughout college and looking back I am very grateful for the space God gave me to grow as my own person before putting me in a relationship.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The brother and I discussed and honestly our interest are not aligned. Though I am not saying I cannot wait 5-8 years if God so desire. but we just want different things.
It seems a lot of people marry for what they want. They might fall for each other, but it could be the "you can use me" act which they like about each other >

I can communicate so I can understand what you want.

I am intelligent so I can do what you want.

I tone my voice nicely so surely I will be nice about doing what you want.

And we see how worldly people can trust someone very quickly when someone's manner says they will give you what you want > politicians . . . and predators . . . are known for winning trust, though they are total strangers . . . so then they can use the person.

And likewise, it seems some number of people marry people who later can turn out to be total strangers > they fell for that "you can use me act". And why were they so easy to fool? They are looking for the one . . . whom they could use.

But why needs to be the reason we are with Jesus?

Not only to use Him to save us and bring us to Heaven.

We need to desire Jesus for Himself, so we can share with Him as our Groom. He is the real good and benefit and reward of our salvation.

"I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward," the LORD says in Genesis 15:1.

And God "is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him," we have in Hebrews 11:6. To me, now this means to seek God for Himself, and this brings us into more and more constant submission to Him in His peace > Colossians 3:15 > by submitting to Him, we have Him in sharing with us. No human can take the place of or do better than this sharing we can have with God.

But > I see from this how it is wise to marry a person who is desirable like Jesus . . . someone we marry because we want the person more than whatsoever the person could give us or do for us.

And then enjoy discovering all God has us sharing.

By the way > God is about family. So, sharing with God can not happen without sharing as His family with other children of God! So, this certainly does not mean getting isolated in marriage with one person we hope to use to make our dreams come true. But . . . by the way, also > in the United States, it seems to me now how we have a culture of independence which has ones feeling entitled to whatsoever they want, and then comes marrying the "you can use me" person. And then in their marriage their independence has them in isolation even from their own spouses!! They marry ones they don't even really deeply trust; but their trust is superficial . . . about things they want . . . trusting the one they hope to use.

For marriage, possibly we can get help from understanding how things work as we seek first God's kingdom > we first care about and seek God's kingdom, and He takes care of the practical things. We can understand how with God we first want Him, and so we are unconditionally satisfied with however our lives are going, with Him . . . with a lot or a little . . . like how our Apostle Paul says he learned to be unconditionally content > Philippians 4:11-13.

Likewise, I would say it is wise to get with whomever God trusts you to marry, not for things you want, but because you want this person; and so your love is content, not depending on how you might hope to use the person or you might dictate how he has to be called to minister. And likewise, he needs to marry you because he simply wants you.

And notice how Jesus chose His disciples "that they might be with Him", we have in Mark 3:14. Jesus did not want them only to serve Jesus; Jesus wanted them. Of course, they needed an amount of improvement so they could become pleasing to God. But our calling is first about being with Jesus as our Groom, for sharing in His love.

So - - - enjoy discovering . . . have the unending adventure > finding out how to love is the best education and adventure and worthwhile challenge there is. But ones skip this and wonder how, even with their soul mates, they still are bored and lonely and frustrated.

Kindly PM me if you can. Thank you
sure . . .

But I think it is good to share in the forums where others can benefit from anything good we share, plus bless us with their ministering. And I think it is good how you draw me out. So, out here is good for this, I think. Hope to see you . . . :)

Upvote 0