Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
I feel cynical but not bitter. Everyone I talk with is prideful, boastful, lovers of themselves and pleasure, money, status, selfrigtheous, they speak slanders about their own friends, they never forgive. The people who I know, that arent like this are mostly Christians. I wish I could separate myself from this world, I dont want to grow a bitter heart.

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,911.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know it can be hard but people are a mixed bag, try to look at their good side.

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." Philippians 4:8

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel cynical but not bitter. Everyone I talk with is prideful, boastful, lovers of themselves and pleasure, money, status, selfrigtheous, they speak slanders about their own friends, they never forgive. The people who I know, that arent like this are mostly Christians. I wish I could separate myself from this world, I dont want to grow a bitter heart.

10 And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved.
Matthew 24 ESV

How do we stay with Him instead of the world, and endure? --

24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”
Matthew 7 ESV

What words? Those words He is saying in this chapter, for one. The seventh chapter of Matthew, and throughout the gospels.

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
I know it can be hard but people are a mixed bag, try to look at their good side.

"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." Philippians 4:8

It is hard when they talk bad about other people. I just dont feel good with people that do that to their own friends. But if they change, I will be more than happy to forget what they were.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Oh my, I can so relate to this. One thing I have to remind myself is that many of the things I despise in others I can also find in myself. And yet, I still like me! ^_^ I am willing to forgive myself and hope for better, why not them?

Also, I remind myself that our Lord became one of us. We are created in his image and redeemed in order to be fully conformed to his image. But it's a process. While we were still sinners he died for us. That tells me something important. He didn't wait to love us only after we acted like we are supposed to. He loved us even in our sin. Am I any better than him to not do the same?

Be good to yourself by being good to others. Forget how you feel and simply do the next right thing in relation to them. In showing others love and kindness regardless of how they act, you might see them respond in unexpected ways, ways that reflect our better potential. Love has a way of bringing out the best in us. ;)

Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh my, I can so relate to this. One thing I have to remind myself is that many of the things I despise in others I can also find in myself. And yet, I still like me! ^_^ I am willing to forgive myself and hope for better, why not them?

Also, I remind myself that our Lord became one of us. We are created in his image and redeemed in order to be fully conformed to his image. But it's a process. While we were still sinners he died for us. That tells me something important. He didn't wait to love us only after we acted like we are supposed to. He loved us even in our sin. Am I any better than him to not do the same?

Be good to yourself by being good to others. Forget how you feel and simply do the next right thing in relation to them. In showing others love and kindness regardless of how they act, you might see them respond in unexpected ways, ways that reflect our better potential. Love has a way of bringing out the best in us. ;)

Wasnt our lord Jesus amazing, praying for mercy for the guys who were literally murdering him. I wish everyone one of us could be just a little bit like him.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wasnt our lord Jesus amazing, praying for mercy for the guys who were literally murdering him. I wish everyone one of us could be just a little bit like him.

No doubt. If only a little bit like him! :) Yeah, I get being cynical. It comes pretty natural to me, so I have to make an effort to not be.

Look at It this way, at least you're not comfortable with the nasty ways people can be. That means your heart longs for what is good and true and beautiful. Blessed are the pure in heart...

Upvote 0