Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The Freemasons set religious affiliation aside to perform acts of charity. Nothing to be afraid of. Religion is not discussed in the Lodge, however, the Bible has been the historical bedrock of the Lodge furniture. Each degree has a corresponding Bible verse.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not interested to join or anything,but just interested in there secrets and what are they hiding like curiousity. When i read about them or read in general all about this Illuminati,New world order i feel really negative emotions even this warm negative feeling. So i mostly stop reading because i just can't continue reading more.
Nicholson1968 goes deep but keeps you in touch with scripture. Check out his youtube channel.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Freemasons set religious affiliation aside to perform acts of charity. Nothing to be afraid of. Religion is not discussed in the Lodge, however, the Bible has been the historical bedrock of the Lodge furniture. Each degree has a corresponding Bible verse.

Yours in the Lord,

jm
That's the cover story part of freemasonry, not the conspiracy part.
Secret organizations don't publicize any more than partial truths about themselves.
To pretend they aren't secret and to pretend secret keeping isn't problematic for society is like putting the blindfold on willingly. It's trusting before verifying and that makes it shady.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
To pretend they aren't secret and to pretend secret keeping isn't problematic for society is like putting the blindfold on willingly.
On the other hand, the only reason for calling them secret is a wish to do so. There isn't any evidence of that supposed "secrecy," and you could just as easily make the claim against Kiwanis or the Chamber of Commerce.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You feel negative about the Masons for the same reason you feel positive about other groups, because, just like anyone else replying here, you have been "taught" to see each of those groups that way.
Maybe.
Maybe this person has been taught by The Holy Spirit.

• Informative
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you. This topic is not supposed to be discussed on this particular forum anyway, but rather on the Conspiracy Theories forum. That's what all this has been about--a theory relating to a fictional conspiracy.
Cover stories for secret keeping societies are fictional.
Conspiracy theories are attempts to see through the fictions.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the end the freemasons are just normal people. Conspiracies have just made them out to be some super-secret group that has some big agenda. Same with the knights templar. And thanks to games like Assassins Creed, its made the conspiracies about them even bigger.
Joining a secret society is anything but normal.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Cover stories for secret keeping societies are fictional.
You call any information that is offered "a cover story." But that doesn't make it so. So what this means is that Conspiracy devotees have created a verbal shield that guarantees they cannot be wrong--on paper.

If they don't know what is going on, they say it's because someone is keeping secrets. But if they are told everything, they can call it a "cover story" and deny everything out of hand. Neat, huh?

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You call any information that is offered "a cover story." But that doesn't make it so. So what this means is that Conspiracy devotees have created a verbal shield that guarantees they cannot be wrong--on paper.

If they don't know what is going on, they say it's because someone is keeping secrets. But if they are told everything, they can call it a "cover story" and deny everything out of hand. Neat, huh?
LOL! Neat is having the shield of a secret club so you can deny or affirm whatever suits you.
Toto has pulled back your curtain. Your brochures don't fool all of us all of the time.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
LOL! Neat is having the shield of a secret club so you can deny or affirm whatever suits you.
Toto has pulled back your curtain. Your brochures don't fool all of us all of the time.
How would you know, Rick?

• Haha
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,424.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
That's the cover story part of freemasonry, not the conspiracy part.
Secret organizations don't publicize any more than partial truths about themselves.
To pretend they aren't secret and to pretend secret keeping isn't problematic for society is like putting the blindfold on willingly. It's trusting before verifying and that makes it shady.
So secret you can contact a grand lodge online, ask to petition, they send out a few members and you can join! Wow, they are really hiding something. It's a public organization with secrets like a workers union, Rotary Club, Toastmasters, etc. Years ago I stopped by a lodge because I seen a door open and I've always wanted to see what it looked like inside. I yelled hello through the door and a nice fella greeted me and gave me a tour of the building. He was in the back crushing pop cans to raise money for The Children's Hospital.

That's the secret.

They crush cans to raise money to help children.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Deny it if you want. I did my research. Again, look at their head dresses. What do they have to do with Christianity? Nothing. Yeal, I can see how Muslims in some countries, though, would be real comfortable with Free Masonry since they hate Christianity.
Actually, the deity that they actually follow is Lucifer but you only find out that when you get to the 33rd Degree. Based on where the Lodge is located it will lean more Muslim or christian. At the start when you just enter the requirement is that you believe in a higher power regardless of who it is so neither Jehovah or Allah is really pushed. Who is pushed is the "Architect" who represents the higher power that is to he honoured and as I said, when you get to the 33rd degree it is revealed to actually be Lucifer who is the Grand Architect.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Actually, the deity that they actually follow is Lucifer but you only find out that when you get to the 33rd Degree.
Then shall we conclude that you yourself are 33rd degree?

Based on where the Lodge is located it will lean more Muslim or christian. At the start when you just enter the requirement is that you believe in a higher power regardless of who it is so neither Jehovah or Allah is really pushed.
Well, if you care, that is totally incorrect. Masonry virtually overflows with Christian references, Bible readings, and so forth, not any other.

Last edited:
Reactions: kybela
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Can you please define cult as you use it and explain how Freemason fit the definition? I personally struggle with the label because they hold positions such as this:

Freemasonry unambiguously states that it is not a religion, nor a substitute for religion.[67] There is no separate "Masonic" God.[68] Nor is there a separate proper name for a deity in any branch of Freemasonry.[69] In keeping with the geometrical and architectural theme of Freemasonry, the Supreme Being is referred to in Masonic ritual by the attributes of Great Architect of the Universe (sometimes abbreviated as G.A.O.T.U.), Grand Geometer or something similar. Freemasons use these varied forms of address to make clear that the reference is generic, not about any one religion's particular identification of God (wikipedia).

That doesn't sound like a cult to me.

Can you provide references that demonstrate this is the historically standard practice?

I suspect that Jesus may have worn Arab inspired clothing. Is there something inherently wrong with Arab inspired clothing? If you visit an Arab country, would it be immoral for you to dress like the culture? Most Arab clothing I've seen has come across as a lot more conservative and morally appropriate than western clothing, wouldn't you agree?

Is there something inherently wrong with wearing a blindfold? If I see my child with a blindfold on, should I be worried? Is a noose inherently sinful and immoral? I think you may need to go a little deeper and seek to understand the symbols that they represent.

I don't know how you spend your time, but some of the Freemasons I know are involved in a lot of charity work. In fact, if you were able to be humble for a moment, I think you would probably have to acknowledge that there are a lot of Freemasons that do more good for the community they live in than you do.

What do you think they do in that hospital? Do they help people in that hospital? Do you think the hospital should be shutdown?

So this is interesting. You might actually have a real Freemason that you can ask direct questions to, get real insight, and potentially grow in your understanding of what Freemasons believe and how they operate - but instead you think the better approach is to rely on google Freemason hate sites than talk to an actual one? That's.... interesting...
Muslims are involved in charity work, too. But their Koran stills asks Allah to destroy Christians. And btw those same believers in the Koran are freely welcomed into Free Masonry and have quite a few lodges around the world.

Only the Holy Spirit can make you see the obvious. This is not a debate forum anyway, so that is another reason for me not to even try.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In an earlier reply I gave a link showing Masonic initiations. In case anyone missed it - because it is farther down the page - here is the one that I found the most alarming of them all, below. Does that guy who is robbed from head to foot in black, who is hazing the Free Mason, look like he is trying to conform to Biblical standards?
https://www.sacramentoscottishrite.org/single-post/2017/03/05/The-MisuseUse-of-“Hazing”-in-Masonic-Ritual
Now some may say, "Well, that only happened in SOME Masonic lodges...." or try to justify it any way they can. I won't respond to any such posts because, as I said above, sometimes only the Holy Spirit can help us when we don't see the obvious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
You feel negative about the Masons for the same reason you feel positive about other groups, because, just like anyone else replying here, you have been "taught" to see each of those groups that way.

It does not take teaching for someone to "sense" when things are "wrong". It takes an open spirit before God, ie. a conscience.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Muslims are involved in charity work, too. But their Koran stills asks Allah to destroy Christians. And btw those same believers in the Koran are freely welcomed into Free Masonry and have quite a few lodges around the world.

Well, Masonry isn't a church or a sodality, I hope you know. And I don't know that 'quite a few' is an accurate representation of what you were addressing; but it should be recognized that there is no international Masonic organization, so yes there are Christians in Christian countries and Muslims in Muslim countries, just like a slew of other well-known organizations that NEVER come in for the same sniping as I am reading here.

Are you similarly offended at the Red Cross? You know that in Muslim countries they won't even name their organization the Red Cross because they don't want to refer to a (Christian) cross!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well, there are certainly other organizations that could get "sniping" but this thread isn't about them. So, Albion, when you were initiated into being a Free Mason did you wear a noose type thing around you neck, and a blindfold and get initiated in a partially, and peculiar, undressed way?
That is the standard practice. How do you feel that enhances anyone's personal sense of self worth and dignity? I won't ask you if you see such practices as being contrary to being free in Christ, or letting Him be our Light in a dark world, but if you want to respond, please do so.

One way or another, please don't change the subject but let me know what value you think there is to a human in being blindfolded and so on and, as the picture link above shows, being hazed by someone hooded and covered from head to foot in black.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
P.S. Oh I should have commented on how you say the Moslems hate the Red Cross because of the cross. Yet they don't have any problem with Free Masonry. And yes, there are Moslem Free Masons all over the planet. I suspect you will say "Well, there are SOME....There are just SOME, too, who get hazed as in the picture above....There are just SOME....etc. etc." It's not the numbers that matter the most though, it's the general world wide pattern.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, there are certainly other organizations that could get "sniping" but this thread isn't about them.
Nevertheless, it is reasonable to ask if the criticisms levelled at Masonry by people who know nothing first-hand about Masonry are consistent with the critics' reactions to other well-known associations--the International Red Cross, for example, or the Knights of Columbus or the Elks, Kiwanis, or Moose. And we all know the answer to that. They aren't.

Upvote 0