• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
no no its cool, im glad i got such a friendly and welcoming response to this....its been bothering me for a while and i felt i needed to ask someone elses opinion

:heart: It's a deep question....and a precious one (((hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Isn't the Holy Spirit wonderful?!

Yes he sure is!!!

:clap:

Hahahaaaa! Well yes He is, brother!!!!!

Amen!!!!

bliss.gif

• Winner
Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

nutsofacto

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2018
Las Cruces, New Mexico
✟25,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A little bit about me:
For a long time, I considered myself an Athiest, I didnt beleive in God and I cringed at people who would talk about God, saying stuff like "I love God", "God is our saviour".....I never saw why people believed such dumb things....

But now, things are different.
Im a hypocondriac, im extremely underweight (my bmi is at zero), and have had various, rather disabling symptoms (also I recently went to the hospital for a "mental health crisis").
Because of my mental health disorder, I think about death A LOT more than I used to....which brings me to where we are right now.

I recently started reseacrhing stuff about religion, asking questions such as "does God really exist?", "Does he think badly of me?", etc.
At first I was unsure, but now I feel like there is some God out there......

Now, whenever someone metions their connection with God, and how happy he makes them feel and how merciful he is....I start crying. They arent tears of sadness though. Im not scared, sad or annoyed.....I dont know what I feel, but I get goosebumps and start sobbing. I dont know why, does anyone have an explaination for this.....why has my veiws changed from thinking religion is cringy to getting all choked up over it????

If anyone has any answers, please write one!
(Rude comments will be ignored)

Upvote 0

nutsofacto

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2018
Las Cruces, New Mexico
✟25,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Dear one: Actually the answer very simple: It the Holy Spirit - God's HOLY SPIRIT welcoming you and speaking to you to draw closer. Find a same-sex bible-believing person whose life reflects God - and seek guidance and fellowship. Find a welcoming and bible-believing church and get involved. You are being blessed and have a wonderful future with God in your life. May He richly bless this message to you and bless YOU!
from nutsofacto (doclaire@hotmail.com)

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0