Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
https://www.ncronline.org › authors › sr-camille-darienzo
Sr. Camille D'Arienzo | National Catholic Reporter
Sr. Camille D'Arienzo. ... Ann Marie Dolphin's motto is "Do it today!" ... Sr. Mary Mundy is a fourth-generation Sister of Providence. People. Conversations with Sr. Camille.
Images for Sister marie camille Darienzo

More Images
https://www.cbsnews.com › sacramento › news › sister-camille-darienzo-build-bridges-instead-of-bombs
Sister Camille D'Arienzo: Build Bridges Instead Of Bombs
September 1, 2011 / 11:06 AM / CBS Sacramento. Sister Camille D'Arienzo (credit: CBS New York) Camille D'Arienzo, R.S.M., a member of the Mid-Atlantic Community of the Sisters of Mercy of the ...
https://www.cbsnews.com › newyork › news › sister-camille-darienzo-celebrates-40-years-on-air-with-1010-wins-2
Sister Camille D'Arienzo Celebrates 40 Years On-Air With 1010 WINS
NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- Camille D'Arienzo, R.S.M., a member of the Mid-Atlantic Community of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas, is a past president of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious.
https://www.globalsistersreport.org › authors › camille-darienzo
Camille D'Arienzo | Global Sisters Report
Camille D'Arienzo, RSM, is a writer, public speaker, community development liaison and member of the Mid-Atlantic Community of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas.She has been interviewing members of the Catholic church about how their faith has affected them for her column in NCR since 2011. Her experience with New York media includes more than 40 years as a religion commentator for 1010 ...
https://www.learn25.com › product-category › professors › sr-camille-darienzo-r-s-m-ph-d
Sr. Camille D'Arienzo, R.S.M., Ph.D. | Courses from LEARN25
Sr. Camille D'Arienzo, R.S.M., Ph.D., is a Sister of Mercy of the Institute of the Americas, living in the Diocese of Brooklyn, New York. She received her doctorate in communications from the University of Michigan, and she was a professor at Brooklyn College from 1973-1993. She served as president of the Brooklyn Regional Community of the ...
https://www.loyolapress.com › authors › sr-camille-darienzo
Sr. Camille DArienzo | Loyola Press
Sr. Camille D?Arienzo is a Sister of Mercy who has ministered in Catholic elementary schools and public colleges. Find Your Educational Consultant R

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟474,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Good works are good if they are the result of salvation, but not if they are being used in an attempt to earn salvation.
Gal.2
16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Titus3
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

I did not say anything about good works in my post. I was talking about the specific instructions from our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ to celebrate the Eucharist and pray without ceasing.

That said, what St. Paul wrote has to be balanced with what St. James wrote, “Faith without works is dead.” Which most reformed Christians, including myself when I leaned towards Calvinism, are able to do pretty easily, namely that the regenerate by virtue of the Holy Spirit acting within them perform good works, and these works are the fruit of a living and genuine faith.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟474,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
She is a nice person, but holds several unbiblical positions

So what? We can find plenty of nice people who hold to unbiblical positions in any denomination. And also not-so-nice people. The most notorious unbiblical position held in Reformed Christianity was the belief in “Spectral Evidence” on the basis of which several innocent people were falsely accused of witchcraft by the Puritans, led by Cotton Mather and his son Increase Mather, and put to death.

Fortunately, in the 18th century Puritanism disappeared and was replaced by the much more vibrant Congregationalist denomination, which I am proud to be associated with, and which produced Rev. Jonathan Edwards, one of the best preachers since St. John Chrysostom, although unfortunately the Unitarians stole from us Harvard University and several of our oldest churches in Boston, and of what remained, most of it is now a part of the exceedingly liberal United Church of Christ, the United Church of Canada, and the United Reformed Church in Great Britain. Fortunately we still have the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference, and in Boston the historic Park Street Church, a member of the CCCC, continues to practice traditional Congregationalism. And in the UK in the 1900s, Rev. John Hunter and his successor Dr. William E Orchard developed exceedingly beautiful ultra high church liturgies, which in the case of those contained in Hunter’s Devotional Services for Public Worship were arguably superior to the Book of Common Prayer.

• Informative
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟368,793.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So what? We can find plenty of nice people who hold to unbiblical positions in any denomination. And also not-so-nice people. The most notorious unbiblical position held in Reformed Christianity was the belief in “Spectral Evidence” on the basis of which several innocent people were falsely accused of witchcraft by the Puritans, led by Cotton Mather and his son Increase Mather, and put to death.

Fortunately, in the 18th century Puritanism disappeared and was replaced by the much more vibrant Congregationalist denomination, which I am proud to be associated with, and which produced Rev. Jonathan Edwards, one of the best preachers since St. John Chrysostom, although unfortunately the Unitarians stole from us Harvard University and several of our oldest churches in Boston, and of what remained, most of it is now a part of the exceedingly liberal United Church of Christ, the United Church of Canada, and the United Reformed Church in Great Britain. Fortunately we still have the Conservative Congregational Christian Conference, and in Boston the historic Park Street Church, a member of the CCCC, continues to practice traditional Congregationalism. And in the UK in the 1900s, Rev. John Hunter and his successor Dr. William E Orchard developed exceedingly beautiful ultra high church liturgies, which in the case of those contained in Hunter’s Devotional Services for Public Worship were arguably superior to the Book of Common Prayer.

Actually, in the eighteenth century orthodox Congregationalism was largely replaced by Unitarianism and, to a lesser degree, by Universalism. I am quite convinced that this was not a good solution to the problem.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes indeed...I am glad when I hear of an RC. who starts to study scripture.
18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
Catholics grow up with Holy Scripture, we pray the Psalms and have Bible readings at mass from the time we are little children.

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,614.00
Country