• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Why didn't the government give everyone a mask instead all these layoff's?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Johnboy53, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Johnboy53

Johnboy53 Looking For Interesting News.

+2,127
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+12,890
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Did you read the page?

I bet the replacement filters are out of stock, too. I haven't been able to find 3M cartridges in a couple months.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  3. Josheb

Josheb Christian Supporter

+602
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Because 1) it would have been construed as force by at least some of the population and 2) at least some of the people would take them off and infect others who'd also taken off their masks. When I was young I had a job working in a warehouse and we were supposed to hard hats, goggles, face masks, and steel-toed boots. A few wore the boots but no one wore the helmet, goggles, or masks more than the first hour or two of the first few days. No one. Had OSHA ever dropped by the employer and all the employees would have been fined.

4. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,334
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Why does the government have to give anything?

5. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,610
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
  6. mnorian

mnorian Oldbie--Eternal Optimist Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+7,707
    Christian
    Married
    I seen a young person in their 20's wearing one of those in a store a couple of weeks ago; I took me by such surprise I laughed out loud. Everybody wearing one of those would look like a terrorist or swat team member.:eek:

I did read somewhere that masks like this would not stop the pathogen from going thru the filter; but would only stop moister droplets from going thru to other people.

I had to help take asbestos out of a building years ago; when it was a hazmat directive from the federal govt; and had to wear on of those masks for hrs; cleaning old asbestos insulation out of a boiler room; that was horrible.

They get sweaty and you feel like you can't get proper air; especially if you are doing a strenuous job. We would go outside every half hour or so; so we could breath good air. It's not something you want to wear all day long.

7. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+6,747
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    Clearly someones a big fan of Fallout.

8. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+4,655
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Our representatives make laws and when the executive signs them the govt has to follow them.

9. Johnboy53

+2,127
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    What about the suit's in the Movie Outbreak. You know are Government can order these suits from all over the world.
    Outbreak (1995) - IMDb

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  10. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+12,890
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I know, right? The market will sort this all out.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. civilwarbuff

+5,610
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Same problem, very hot and difficulty in pulling in air unless an O2 bottle and cooling hookup are connected.

12. Johnboy53

+2,127
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    2912.jpg

13. civilwarbuff

+5,610
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Sorry, just a movie suit. About the only thing that might protect you from is sprays....

14. Mediocre pickle

Mediocre pickle New Member Supporter

+19
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Because there are not hundreds of millions of them, and hundreds of millions more filters for them, waiting in warehouses and their use would be absurdly impractical if not prohibitively encumbering for most jobs.

15. RocksInMyHead

RocksInMyHead God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!

+2,090
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Aside from the impracticality, people all over the world need these items, seeing as this is a global pandemic. Ordering from other countries won't change anything.

16. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+7,779
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yea, we should let the natural order play out. Cull the human race of it's weakest members.

17. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,334
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Congratulations. You've successfully missed the point.

18. Johnboy53

+2,127
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Been told by a big stock broker this could last 6 months or even years before it end's. China lock down the whole country where we can't.

19. Mediocre pickle

Mediocre pickle New Member Supporter

+19
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Stock brokers are not well know for their insight into virology or public health.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+3,452
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    Ouch. Nice one.