Why didn't God create us exactly like him?

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Why didn't God create us exactly like him, with free will but only desire for good?
My father has trouble understanding this and I can't explain it in a clear way. So I need you all to help me on this. Thanks in advance!

He did, and we used our 100% complete free will to disobey Him in such a grand way that our patriarch and matriarch cause their designation as Son/Daughter of God to be demoted to son/daughter of man.

Now, our will has to be bounded - otherwise we would do whatever is in our imagination (to others, and ourselves.) All entities that are imperfect and have fallen have limited will. Only entities that are holy have free will, and they use their will to completely follow the Most High God.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for you answer!
But God is good, so why would he make us victim of what our ancestors did?
He didn't, Adam did. God loved man so much that He sent Jesus, John 3:16, to fix the problem.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Thank you for you answer!
But God is good, so why would he make us victim of what our ancestors did?

Rather, why would the Creator ever pay attention to man ? "What is man that Thou Art Mindful of him ? " man is but dust , a vapor, here today, gone tomorrow....

Why should Jesus care at all ? Mankind has NOTHING to offer Him....
Mankind has continually rebelled against Him, in religion, in science, in politics, in warfare, in education, in every way mankind rebels...

Why should God care ?

Then, after all that, man invents religion that opposes JESUS !
That tries with all of its strength to keep people AWAY FROM JESUS !
Even to keep little children from ever finding God's Kingdom !

Upvote 0

Jeronimo890

Feb 24, 2017
Belgium
✟11,164.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And I understand about Jesus, that's why my father asked. He didn't fully understand the sacrifice of Jesus since he said that God could have created us differently. He is a christian btw, he just has trouble understanding this.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
he just has trouble understanding this.
Few on earth understand. (i.e. it is normal or average or expected not to understand, and men instead of helping , usually hurt the understanding)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Okay, but why did God allow it to fall on us?
OK,, When God created man, He created man to be just like God, but God said, do not eat of the tree in the midst of the garden, for on the day you eat you will die. But man disobeyed.He sinned/disobeyed. Now God has to honor His Word . There was no death in the garden. Death, sin, and the sin nature entered when Adam sinned. Adam became contaminated with the sin nature and every other person born through him inherited the sin nature after Adams likeness, not after God's likeness.Lord Jesus gives us the new birth/God's nature that was lost through the Holy Spirit.
John 3:16.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I know we are only humans and we for sure won't ever understand everything. But I was asking if anyone understood this.
Likely not anyone most people know.

No man can grasp(understand) anything unless it is granted by the Creator from heaven.

Upvote 0

Jeronimo890

Feb 24, 2017
Belgium
✟11,164.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OK,, When God created man, He created man to be just like God, but God said, do not eat of the tree in the midst of the garden, for on the day you eat you will die. But man disobeyed.He sinned/disobeyed. Now God has to honor His Word . There was no death in the garden. Death, sin, and the sin nature entered when Adam sinned. Adam became contaminated with the sin nature and every other person born through him inherited the sin nature after Adams likeness, not after God's likeness.Lord Jesus gives us the new birth/God's nature that was lost through the Holy Spirit.
John 3:16.

But God knew all of this in advance. So does it mean that He did this in a way for Him to prove us his Love? But that begs the question, if He love us, then why did He do it that way since he knew it would lead some of us away from him and to hell?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,751.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't have all of the answers for why God did things the way He did them. I think about my own children. I want them to obey me because they love me. I think Our Father is the same way.He wants mankind to obey Him because of mans love for Him.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeronimo890
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
why did He do it that way since he knew it would lead some of us away from him and to hell?
HE NEVER led anyone away from JESUS, nor ever to perniciousness or death or harm.

EVERYTHING YHVH DOES is to lead HIS CHOSEN ONES to LIFE IN JESUS.

Most people are not HIS CHOSEN ONES. He offers JESUS as the ONLY WAY TO HIM. Most people reject JESUS and willingly serve demons.

This is all revealed clearly in HIS WORD, to those HE is pleased with, by faith and trust in Him, those who are seeking HIM and keep seeking HIM.

Those not seeking HIM are led away from JESUS by their own desires, lusts, unbelief, and lack of faith.

Upvote 0

Jeronimo890

Feb 24, 2017
Belgium
✟11,164.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
HE NEVER led anyone away from JESUS, nor ever to perniciousness or death or harm.

EVERYTHING YHVH DOES is to lead HIS CHOSEN ONES to LIFE IN JESUS.

Most people are not HIS CHOSEN ONES. He offers JESUS as the ONLY WAY TO HIM. Most people reject JESUS and willingly serve demons.

This is all revealed clearly in HIS WORD, to those HE is pleased with, by faith and trust in Him, those who are seeking HIM and keep seeking HIM.

Those not seeking HIM are led away from JESUS by their own desires, lusts, unbelief, and lack of faith.

I didn't use the right words. But if you read it in the context of what I was saying you can understand my question?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I didn't use the right words. But if you read it in the context of what I was saying you can understand my question?
Keep asking questions of YHVH (God) with faith in Jesus that HE Will answer. Trust YHVH and Jesus, READ THE BIBLE every day; don't trust men.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Why didn't God create us exactly like him, with free will but only desire for good?
My father has trouble understanding this and I can't explain it in a clear way. So I need you all to help me on this. Thanks in advance!
Maybe we'd all be happier, in the end, if we made the effort ourselves to be loving individuals, rather than have the Lord do it for us.

• Winner
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Ephesians 2:10

All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish!

We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing!

No, we neither make nor save ourselves.

God does both the making and saving.
He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work ...

• Agree
Upvote 0