✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"Why did Yahshua have to come?"

I have been asked this question throughout nearly all of my life, for various reasons, in Theological discussions. It's usually preceded by the word "then;" as if it's some kind of "gotcha" question. The questioner will usually then begin some Theological gymnastics that can't be directly supported by scripture; and the subject of the conversation gets derailed through a portal to numerous bunny holes.

So why did Yahshua have to come?

The simple answer: Obedience

Yahshua is obedient to YHWH. That was the message throughout his ministry. It's the same message of all of the prophets before him.

He had to come; because it was YHWH's will.

Now that we've taken the load out of the loaded question; Let's get to the heart of the question. Why did Yahshua come?

The answer is simple. He told us why.

(CLV) Lk 5:32
I have not come to call the just, but sinners, to repentance.

This message aligns with the message that is a common theme from nearly the very beginning:

Stop transgressing YHWH's instruction; and submit in obedience to YHWH's instruction.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No question that prefect harmony exists between the Father and the Son.

But the Bible goes a step farther than that when it comes to Christ's sacrifice.

1 John 3:16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers and sisters.

John does not say "we should command others to die the way the Father commanded Christ to die". Rather it says we should willingly volunteer to lay down our own life for others... as a willing sacrifice not simply as obeying orders.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and I know My own, and My own know Me, 15 just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will listen to My voice; and they will become one flock, with one shepherd. 17 For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it back. 18 No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it back.

Jesus makes claims about his own sacrifice that make it appear to be of his own free will - not merely as a soldier who was ordered to die.

In Is 53 who is it that is "satisfied" with the death of Christ?
11 As a result of the anguish of His soul,
He will see it and be satisfied;
By His knowledge the Righteous One,
My Servant, will justify the many,
For He will bear their wrongdoings.

The one who sees the work and is satisfied with what He did - is God the Son.

There are even some who say that God the Son was pleading with the Father to allow Him to make that sacrifice for mankind and the Father eventually agreed. God so loved the World that He gave His Son -- but it was a struggle even for God to give up His Son to die.

God "IS Love". Self sacrificing love. It is in His nature to sacrifice Himself but He is not inclined to "sacrifice others". So it was not easy to agree to the arrangement even though as infinite God they knew from all eternity about events that would unfold and how it would end.

Reactions: eleos1954
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No question that prefect harmony exists between the Father and the Son.

But the Bible goes a step farther than that when it comes to Christ's sacrifice.

1 John 3:16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers and sisters.

John does not say "we should command others to die the way the Father commanded Christ to die". Rather it says we should willingly volunteer to lay down our own life for others... as a willing sacrifice not simply as obeying orders.

John 10:14 I am the good shepherd, and I know My own, and My own know Me, 15 just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will listen to My voice; and they will become one flock, with one shepherd. 17 For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it back. 18 No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it back.

Jesus makes claims about his own sacrifice that make it appear to be of his own free will - not merely as a soldier who was ordered to die.

In Is 53 who is it that is "satisfied" with the death of Christ?
11 As a result of the anguish of His soul,
He will see it and be satisfied;
By His knowledge the Righteous One,
My Servant, will justify the many,
For He will bear their wrongdoings.

The one who sees the work and is satisfied with what He did - is God the Son.

There are even some who say that God the Son was pleading with the Father to allow Him to make that sacrifice for mankind and the Father eventually agreed. God so loved the World that He gave His Son -- but it was a struggle even for God to give up His Son to die.

God "IS Love". Self sacrificing love. It is in His nature to sacrifice Himself but He is not inclined to "sacrifice others". So it was not easy to agree to the arrangement even though as infinite God they knew from all eternity about events that would unfold and how it would end.

(CLV) Mk 14:36
And He said, "Abba, Father, all is possible to Thee. Have this cup carried aside from Me. But not what I will, but what Thou!"

(CLV) Mt 7:21
"Not everyone saying to Me `Lord! Lord!' will be entering into the kingdom of the heavens, but he who is doing the will of My Father Who is in the heavens.

(CLV) Mt 12:50
For anyone whoever should be doing the will of My Father Who is in the heavens, he is My brother and sister and mother!"

(CLV) Lk 11:2
Now He said to them, "Whenever you may be praying, be saying, `Our Father, Who art in the heavens, hallowed be Thy name! Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, on earth also,

(CLV) Jn 4:34
Jesus is saying to them, "My food is that I should be doing the will of Him Who sends Me, and should be perfecting His work.

(CLV) Jn 5:30
"I can not do anything of Myself. According as I am hearing am I judging; and My judging is just, for I am not seeking My will, but the will of Him Who sends Me.

(CLV) Jn 6:38
for I have descended from heaven, not that I should be doing My will, but the will of Him Who sends Me.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Why did Yahshua have to come?"

I have been asked this question throughout nearly all of my life, for various reasons, in Theological discussions. It's usually preceded by the word "then;" as if it's some kind of "gotcha" question. The questioner will usually then begin some Theological gymnastics that can't be directly supported by scripture; and the subject of the conversation gets derailed through a portal to numerous bunny holes.

So why did Yahshua have to come?

The simple answer: Obedience

Yahshua is obedient to YHWH. That was the message throughout his ministry. It's the same message of all of the prophets before him.

He had to come; because it was YHWH's will.

Now that we've taken the load out of the loaded question; Let's get to the heart of the question. Why did Yahshua come?

The answer is simple. He told us why.

(CLV) Lk 5:32
I have not come to call the just, but sinners, to repentance.

This message aligns with the message that is a common theme from nearly the very beginning:

Stop transgressing YHWH's instruction; and submit in obedience to YHWH's instruction.

Keeping the law was certainly part of the reason Jesus came to earth (without law there is lawlessness) ... but not the only reason. The Law is certainly part of God's character. Jesus was the embodiment of the Law.

He also came to show us the true character of our loving God .... as the true character of God has been being distorted by satan since before creation (started in heaven).

He also came to provide the way where as mankind might be reconciled with God .... and He did this willingly and this was in place before creation as well because God foreknew that mankind would fall.

Jesus is not only the perfect embodiment of the law, but the great fulfiller who stands in our place.

Yes, Jesus was obedient to the Father out of His Love for Him ... and He will help us overcome sin because He loves us.

Galatians 3:24
So the law became our guardian to lead us to Christ (and still is our guardian), that we might be justified by faith.

The Law leads us to Christ, then after receiving Him He helps us to keep the Law through the work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.

We keep the Law out of love and for no other reasons.

Jesus did the will of God from His heart, and so should we. It won’t work any other way.

So when sin is overcome .... give glory and praise to Jesus! Amen.

God is all about Love ... His law promote Love. They are indeed Laws of Love.

Thank you for everything Jesus! AMEN !!!

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
(CLV) Mk 14:36
And He said, "Abba, Father, all is possible to Thee. Have this cup carried aside from Me. But not what I will, but what Thou!"

(CLV) Mt 7:21
"Not everyone saying to Me `Lord! Lord!' will be entering into the kingdom of the heavens, but he who is doing the will of My Father Who is in the heavens.

(CLV) Mt 12:50
For anyone whoever should be doing the will of My Father Who is in the heavens, he is My brother and sister and mother!"

(CLV) Lk 11:2
Now He said to them, "Whenever you may be praying, be saying, `Our Father, Who art in the heavens, hallowed be Thy name! Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, on earth also,

(CLV) Jn 4:34
Jesus is saying to them, "My food is that I should be doing the will of Him Who sends Me, and should be perfecting His work.

(CLV) Jn 5:30
"I can not do anything of Myself. According as I am hearing am I judging; and My judging is just, for I am not seeking My will, but the will of Him Who sends Me.

(CLV) Jn 6:38
for I have descended from heaven, not that I should be doing My will, but the will of Him Who sends Me.

God IS love .... it is His will to Love ... Love is the reason Jesus and we are to be obedient.

1 John 5 says, “This is love for God that we obey his commands and his commands are not burdensome.”

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Keeping the law was certainly part of the reason Jesus came to earth (without law there is lawlessness) ... but not the only reason. The Law is certainly part of God's character. Jesus was the embodiment of the Law.

He also came to show us the true character of our loving God .... as the true character of God has been being distorted by satan since before creation (started in heaven).

The Torah is a reflection of the nature of the lawgiver. It is the true character of YHWH.

He also came to provide the way where as mankind might be reconciled with God .... and He did this willingly and this was in place before creation as well because God foreknew that mankind would fall.

YHWH told us how we are reconciled long before Yahshua came.

(CLV) Ezk 18:21
Yet if the wicked one should turn back from all his sins which he had committed, and he observes all My statutes and executes right judgment and justice, he shall live, yea live; he shall not die.

(CLV) Ezk 18:22
Any of his transgressions which he had committed shall not be remembered against him. In his righteousness which he does shall he live.

Jesus is not only the perfect embodiment of the law, but the great fulfiller who stands in our place.

Here is where Yahshua stands:

(CLV) Ac 7:56
and said, "Lo! I am beholding the heavens opened up, and the Son of Mankind standing at the right hand of God."

(CLV) Ro 3:31
Are we, then, nullifying law through faith? May it not be coming to that! Nay, we are sustaining law.

(Literally, We are standing up.)

Do you not believe that we too are called to fulfill the Torah by following Yahshua's example?

Yes, Jesus was obedient to the Father out of His Love for Him ... and He will help us overcome sin because He loves us.

How does he help you to become obedient to the Torah?

Galatians 3:24
So the law became our guardian to lead us to Christ (and still is our guardian), that we might be justified by faith.

Enumah?

Do you understand what this word means?

We keep the Law out of love and for no other reasons.

This fulfills the foremost precept of the Torah, the Shema.

So when sin is overcome .... give glory and praise to Jesus! Amen.

Who did Yahshua glorify? Should I not follow his example?

God is all about Love ... His law promote Love. They are indeed Laws of Love.

He's not all about love.

(CLV) Ps 5:5
No boasters may set themselves up in front of Your eyes; You hate all contrivers of lawlessness;

(CLV) Ps 5:6
You shall destroy all those speaking a lie. A man of bloodshed and deceit Yahweh abhors.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,387.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Below, I use general logic to explain why I think Jesus had to come.

If you built a car factory and every car were defective, then whose fault is it? The owner of each car or the designer/builder? The designer/builder, no?

If every person has sinned, then doesn't the fault lie with God?

At judgment time can't I blame God for my sins, since all have sinned? How can God judge me?

What is the solution?

It is to wipe out everybody and start over, or send someone who does not sin.

Now we see that sending Jesus was not optional. All creation was at risk of being wiped out, since the issue with sin was unresolved. Jesus needed to come to show that the design of man was not defective, and that sin was not the fault of the designer/builder. By not sinning, Jesus did that and saved us all from being wiped out.

Now each person can be judged for their own sin.

Secondarily, Jesus came to found Christianity.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Below, I use general logic to explain why I think Jesus had to come.

If you built a car factory and every car were defective, then whose fault is it? The owner of each car or the designer/builder? The designer/builder, no?

If every person has sinned, then doesn't the fault lie with God?

This comes down to who is righteous. Not all are unrighteous. Yahshua didn't come for the righteous.

It's not YHWH's fault that some are unrighteous.

At judgment time can't I blame God for my sins, since all have sinned? How can God judge me?

YHWH forgets the sins of those who have repented.

What is the solution?

It is to wipe out everybody and start over, or send someone who does not sin.

Scripture doesn't support this assertion.

(CLV) Gn 6:9
These are the genealogical records of Noah. Noah was a righteous man; he became flawless in his generations; with the One, Elohim, Noah walked.

However, can we assume that all of Noah's surviving family were flawless?

No.

YHWH didn't wipe out everybody; and he didn't wipe out all of those who had flaws.

Now we see that sending Jesus was not optional. All creation was at risk of being wiped out, since the issue with sin was unresolved. Jesus needed to come to show that the design of man was not defective, and that sin was not the fault of the designer/builder. By not sinning, Jesus did that and saved us all from being wiped out.

I can't find scripture to support this.

I'll just go with what Messiah said.

Secondarily, Jesus came to found Christianity.

This is circular reasoning; and I can find no scripture to support it. Again, I'll go with scripture.

BTW, Have you read and agreed to this forum's SOP?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Torah is a reflection of the nature of the lawgiver. It is the true character of YHWH.

YHWH told us how we are reconciled long before Yahshua came.

Yet if the wicked one should turn back from all his sins which he had committed, and he observes all My statutes and executes right judgment and justice, he shall live, yea live; he shall not die.

Any of his transgressions which he had committed shall not be remembered against him. In his righteousness which he does shall he live.

Here is where Yahshua stands:

(CLV) Ac 7:56
and said, "Lo! I am beholding the heavens opened up, and the Son of Mankind standing at the right hand of God."

(CLV) Ro 3:31
Are we, then, nullifying law through faith? May it not be coming to that! Nay, we are sustaining law.

(Literally, We are standing up.)

Do you not believe that we too are called to fulfill the Torah by following Yahshua's example?

Enumah?

This fulfills the foremost precept of the Torah, the Shema.

He's not all about love.

(CLV) Ps 5:5
No boasters may set themselves up in front of Your eyes; You hate all contrivers of lawlessness;

(CLV) Ps 5:6
You shall destroy all those speaking a lie. A man of bloodshed and deceit Yahweh abhors.

Through the work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.

Faith.

Of course .... we are to walk in His steps. He loved the Father, He loved mankind.

It's right here

John 3:16

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He's not all about love.

It most certainly is about His love.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Through the work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.

That's circular reasoning. One must be obedient to the Torah to receive the Ruach Ha'Kodesh.

Acts 5:32

Complete Jewish Bible

32 We are witnesses to these things; so is the Ruach HaKodesh, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

Acts 2:38

Complete Jewish Bible

38 Kefa answered them, “Turn from sin, return to God, and each of you be immersed on the authority of Yeshua the Messiah into forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Ruach HaKodesh!

It's in poor form to define a word by itself.

That is not what emunah means. Hebrew speaks in concrete terms, not the abstract terms of vain Greek Philosophy.

Example:

(CLV) Ex 17:12
When the hands of Moses became heavy, they took a stone and placed it beneath him, and he sat on it. As for Aaron and Hur, they upheld his hands, one on this side and one on that side. So it came to be that his hands were constant (אֱמוּנָה) (Emunah) until the sunset

Emunah is not something that we conjure up in our minds. It's an action. It can better be described as fidelity or faithfulness.

Of course .... we are to walk in His steps. He loved the Father, He loved mankind.

It's right here

John 3:16

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

This is completely non sequitur.

It's right here. Yahshua glorified the Father.

(CLV) Jn 21:19
Now this He said, signifying by what death he will be glorifying God. And saying this, He is saying to him, "Follow Me!"

It most certainly is about His love.

I didn't say that it wasn't about love. I corrected you; as you said that it was all about love.

Psalm 5:6-8

Complete Jewish Bible

6 (5) Those who brag cannot stand before your eyes,
you hate all who do evil,
7 (6) you destroy those who tell lies,
Adonai detests men of blood and deceivers.

8 (7) But I can enter your house
because of your great grace and love;
I will bow down toward your holy temple
in reverence for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,387.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This comes down to who is righteous. Not all are unrighteous. Yahshua didn't come for the righteous.

It's not YHWH's fault that some are unrighteous.

YHWH forgets the sins of those who have repented.

Scripture doesn't support this assertion.

(CLV) Gn 6:9
These are the genealogical records of Noah. Noah was a righteous man; he became flawless in his generations; with the One, Elohim, Noah walked.

However, can we assume that all of Noah's surviving family were flawless?

No.

YHWH didn't wipe out everybody; and he didn't wipe out all of those who had flaws.

I can't find scripture to support this.

I'll just go with what Messiah said.

This is circular reasoning; and I can find no scripture to support it. Again, I'll go with scripture.

BTW, Have you read and agreed to this forum's SOP?

I had a posting/editing problem. Anyway, it seems to be working now.

You could have saved yourself some time by reading my first line. I said it was based on general logic. That means it's not based on scripture. It's more like a plausible scenario. That's because scripture doesn't give a good answer.

Oh, but it has to be based on scripture. Really? Even when scripture doesn't give a good answer?

In the Tower of Babel, the Bible doesn't provide a good explanation about why. People speculate all the time, but the answers are still poor. Only when we go to the oral Torah does the answer actually make sense.

Scripture often omits/hides answers in parables, allegories and metaphors.

Sorry, but your answer is not good enough. Nobody is going to buy it. I think a better answer is this:

1. Based on scripture, I think it is about obedience.
2. But the Bible doesn't give us a good answer. So that's not a good answer.
3. One plausible scenario not based on scripture is this ... .

Now all bases are covered. Then a person could decide for themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I had a posting/editing problem. Anyway, it seems to be working now.

You could have saved yourself some time by reading my first line. I said it was based on general logic. That means it's not based on scripture. It's more like a plausible scenario. That's because scripture doesn't give a good answer.

Oh, but it has to be based on scripture. Really? Even when scripture doesn't give a good answer?

In the Tower of Babel, the Bible doesn't provide a good explanation about why. People speculate all the time, but the answers are still poor. Only when we go to the oral Torah does the answer actually make sense.

Scripture often omits/hides answers in parables, allegories and metaphors.

Sorry, but your answer is not good enough. Nobody is going to buy it. I think a better answer is this:

1. Based on scripture, I think it is about obedience.
2. But the Bible doesn't give us a good answer. So that's not a good answer.
3. One plausible scenario not based on scripture is this ... .

Now all bases are covered. Then a person could decide for themselves.

As I said before, when it comes down to your speculation, or the words of my Messiah himself; I'll go with what Messiah said.

Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's circular reasoning. One must be obedient to the Torah to receive the Ruach Ha'Kodesh.

Acts 5:32

Complete Jewish Bible

32 We are witnesses to these things; so is the Ruach HaKodesh, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

Acts 2:38

Complete Jewish Bible

38 Kefa answered them, “Turn from sin, return to God, and each of you be immersed on the authority of Yeshua the Messiah into forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Ruach HaKodesh!

It's in poor form to define a word by itself.

That is not what emunah means. Hebrew speaks in concrete terms, not the abstract terms of vain Greek Philosophy.

Example:

(CLV) Ex 17:12
When the hands of Moses became heavy, they took a stone and placed it beneath him, and he sat on it. As for Aaron and Hur, they upheld his hands, one on this side and one on that side. So it came to be that his hands were constant (אֱמוּנָה) (Emunah) until the sunset

Emunah is not something that we conjure up in our minds. It's an action. It can better be described as fidelity or faithfulness.

This is completely non sequitur.

It's right here. Yahshua glorified the Father.

(CLV) Jn 21:19
Now this He said, signifying by what death he will be glorifying God. And saying this, He is saying to him, "Follow Me!"

I didn't say that it wasn't about love. I corrected you; as you said that it was all about love.

Complete Jewish Bible

in reverence for you.

1 Corinthians 13 1

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His love.

Yes we are to keep the commandments ... but .... the motivation (action) is LOVE.

God IS LOVE.

1 John 4:16 ESV / 551 helpful votes
So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
1 Corinthians 13 1

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His love.

Yes we are to keep the commandments ... but .... the motivation (action) is LOVE.

God IS LOVE.

1 John 4:16 ESV / 551 helpful votes
So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

I'm not sure how this addresses Psalm 5:6-8.

Complete Jewish Bible

in reverence for you.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure how this addresses Psalm 5:6-8.

Complete Jewish Bible

in reverence for you.

1 John 4:19

We love because he first loved us.

Christ himself said that, unless they love him, people will not obey him. It is only people who truly love Christ that are freely willing to obey him – because to do so is a natural expression and substance of that love.

The motivation must be love ... because God IS love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Here is your original statement:

God is all about Love

Do you deny that YHWH hates those who do evil?

Complete Jewish Bible

in reverence for you.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here is your original statement:

Complete Jewish Bible

in reverence for you.

Can one be forgiven for the evil they have done? Yes.

God hates evil ... not the person

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.

Psalm 97:10
O you who love the Lord, hate evil! He preserves the lives of his saints; he delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

Amos 5:15
Hate evil, and love good, and establish justice in the gate; it may be that the Lord, the God of hosts, will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph.

Do you serve the Lord because of the law .... or because you Love Him?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Can one be forgiven for the evil they have done? Yes.

Yes. Are you aware that it works both ways?

(CLV) Ezk 18:23
Am I delighting, yea delighting in the death of the wicked, averring is my Lord Yahweh, and not rather in his turning back- from his ways that he may live?

(CLV) Ezk 18:24
Yet when the righteous one turns back from his righteousness and commits iniquity like all the abhorrences which the wicked one commits, shall he do so and live? All his righteous acts which he did shall not be remembered; in his offense with which he offended and in his sin with which he sinned, in them shall he die.

God hates evil ... not the person

Wrong.

Psalm 5:6-7

Complete Jewish Bible

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes. Are you aware that it works both ways?

(CLV) Ezk 18:23
Am I delighting, yea delighting in the death of the wicked, averring is my Lord Yahweh, and not rather in his turning back- from his ways that he may live?

(CLV) Ezk 18:24
Yet when the righteous one turns back from his righteousness and commits iniquity like all the abhorrences which the wicked one commits, shall he do so and live? All his righteous acts which he did shall not be remembered; in his offense with which he offended and in his sin with which he sinned, in them shall he die.

Wrong.

Psalm 5:6-7

Complete Jewish Bible

The Lord hates evil deeds (sin) ... do some people do them? Yes .... can they turn from them and be forgiven? Yes .... can they choose not to turn from evil? Yes.

Does God hate those who do evil .. until they repent? If one never repents then His hatred from them never ends?

I'll ask again ...

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Here is the foremost precept of the Torah:

Deuteronomy 6:4-6

Complete Jewish Bible

(A:vi, S: v) 4 “Sh’ma, Yisra’el! Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai echad [Hear, Isra’el! Adonai our God, Adonai is one]; 5 and you are to love Adonai your God with all your heart, all your being and all your resources. 6 These words, which I am ordering you today, are to be on your heart;

(CLV) 1Jn 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we may be keeping His precepts. And His precepts are not heavy,

(CLV) Ps 119:97
How I love Your law! The entire day it is my meditation.

Upvote 0