Why did the Obama administration warn the Trump campaign?

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why did the Obama administration not warn the Trump campaign that Russians were attempting to contact them?

Did or didn't? and does the final them refer to Obama or Trump? Your OP conflicts with your title, and your misuse of pronouns makes the entire thing confusing. Perhaps try something novel and provide evidence to support the accusation (whatever it might be) before being asked for it.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Did or didn't? and does the final them refer to Obama or Trump? Your OP conflicts with your title, and your misuse of pronouns makes the entire thing confusing. Perhaps try something novel and provide evidence to support the accusation (whatever it might be) before being asked for it.

You're right that I made a typo in the title but my use of "them" is consistent with the question. I see no reason for the Obama administration to warn the Trump campaign that Russians were attempting to contact members of the Obama administration.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You're right that I made a typo in the title

WHatever you are asking is still very unclear. Maybe try to re word it?

but my use of "them" is consistent with the question.

No, it really isn't. There is no way to tell if Obama is supposed to be warning Trump that the Russians are contacting Obama, or contacting Trump. In otherwords does "them" refer to Obama or Trump?

I see no reason for the Obama administration to warn the Trump campaign that Russians were attempting to contact members of the Obama administration.

Alright...and? Does anyone say otherwise?

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,388.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why did the Obama administration not warn the Trump campaign that Russians were attempting to contact them?
A more important question is why didn't the Trump campaign report the Russians when they did contact them?

Based on the information that has been brought forward since the 2016 election, the FBI warned Trump that that the Russians may try to infiltrate his campaign and when they did this, no one in Trump's campaign reported this to the FBI. Instead, they actively solicited help from the Russians in an effort to win the election and then after being elected, the President and others from his campaign obstructed the investigation into Russia's actions.

To me this is far more serious than whether or not the previous administration gave any warning to the Trump campaign. It's one of the most unpatriotic things I have ever heard of a US president and their campaign staff ever doing. Every American should find the actions of President Trump and his campaign staff unacceptable.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,692.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why would he think he needed to, given that Trump asked the Russians to help his campaign on national TV?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
'Facts don't care about your feelings.'

Well, that's why I go to the freezer and spend the night with a tub of 'alternate facts'. Alternate Facts care about my feelings.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Well, that's why I go to the freezer and spend the night with a tub of 'alternate facts'. Alternate Facts care about my feelings.

I'm not here to mind-shame anyone, but your brain will get fat and romantic partners will find your mind to be a big turn-off.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not here to mind-shame anyone, but your brain will get fat and romantic partners will find your mind to be a big turn-off.

Look, I just want to live in a world that conforms to my already existing beliefs. A world where declaring yourself a 'stable genius' is admired, and 'covfefe' is a word. A world where the public appreciates how actually paying off your inappropriate contentstar mistresses is protecting your wife and, therefore, pretty gosh darn heroic. A world where coal burns clean, and windmills cause cancer.

But no. You guys come in with your facts and your reasoning and your ethics and destroy that world. You're sick! All of you 'factcheckers' are just sick.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
But no. You guys come in with your facts and your reasoning and your ethics and destroy that world. You're sick! All of you 'factcheckers' are just sick.

I like to think of myself as a mental hygiene officer. And I've now alerted the quarantine team. Expect a polite knock shortly.

• Haha
Reactions: PeachyKeane
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
A more important question is why didn't the Trump campaign report the Russians when they did contact them?

Obvious reasons are obvious.

Based on the information that has been brought forward since the 2016 election, the FBI warned Trump that that the Russians may try to infiltrate his campaign and when they did this, no one in Trump's campaign reported this to the FBI. Instead, they actively solicited help from the Russians in an effort to win the election and then after being elected, the President and others from his campaign obstructed the investigation into Russia's actions.

That's it in a nutshell...

To me this is far more serious than whether or not the previous administration gave any warning to the Trump campaign. It's one of the most unpatriotic things I have ever heard of a US president and their campaign staff ever doing. Every American should find the actions of President Trump and his campaign staff unacceptable.

Buttery mails...

Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is like someone holding up a 7-11 and then, after being arrested, coming back and yelling at the clerk: "Why didn't you stop me from holding up this store? It's all your fault!"
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Look, I just want to live in a world that conforms to my already existing beliefs. A world where declaring yourself a 'stable genius' is admired, and 'covfefe' is a word. A world where the public appreciates how actually paying off your inappropriate contentstar mistresses is protecting your wife and, therefore, pretty gosh darn heroic. A world where coal burns clean, and windmills cause cancer.

This post is a thing of beauty

Upvote 0