America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
If you cannot confirm you yourself obey Jesus commands when they are put to you, it surprises me you quote the verse you do

I do confirm Rev.22:14
Blessed are they that do His Commandments,
that they may have right to the tree of life,
and may enter in through the gates into the city

See, that wasn't so hard, was it?

All you ever had to do was glance at a
real Scripture.. which you don't obey...
and ask me if I keep it. Of course I do.
Just like you keep the gospel to the gentiles.
I keep the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Upvote 0

michael21

Aug 5, 2021
New York
✟15,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I do confirm Rev.22:14
Blessed are they that do His Commandments,
that they may have right to the tree of life,
and may enter in through the gates into the city

See, that wasn't so hard, was it?

All you ever had to do was glance at a
real Scripture.. which you don't obey...
and ask me if I keep it. Of course I do.
Just like you keep the gospel to the gentiles.
I keep the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven.
God bless

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
I must agree with Ligurian; you MUST keep his commandments, or you don’t love him. It’s completely obvious to me, because the Lord said it with his own mouth, unless you don’t believe Luke, Matthew, Mark and Moses?

It is written pretty straightforward in many places.

I am wondering how people understand the concept of loving the Lord? It’s really quite simple to me.
And it doesn’t come from saying it.
I can say “I’m the queen of England”, but that doesn’t make it so.
Only my actions can give proof of my claims.

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

John 15:7 If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,441.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I must agree with Ligurian; you MUST keep his commandments, or you don’t love him. It’s completely obvious to me, because the Lord said it with his own mouth, unless you don’t believe Luke, Matthew, Mark and Moses?

It is written pretty straightforward in many places.

I am wondering how people understand the concept of loving the Lord? It’s really quite simple to me.
And it doesn’t come from saying it.
I can say “I’m the queen of England”, but that doesn’t make it so.
Only my actions can give proof of my claims.

Do you believe Jesus was only speaking to the nation Israel in the 4 gospels, as he said himself in Matthew 15:24?

Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

John 15:7 If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

ok

Edit: this post goes somewhere else

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First of all, which verse in Zechariah are you talking about?

Second, Jesus didn't spend most of His time in Judea because they started trying to kill Him as early as John 7. In fact, Jesus started His priestly mission in Galilee of the Nation. (the same Greek word translated as "Gentiles" is also translated as "Nation") "Nation" makes sense in this verse
Galilee was occupied by Gentiles, and was called Galilee of the Gentiles before Israel occupied it.
It kept its name after Israel finally occupied it. That is the origin of the name.

It's not about ten tribes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The overwhelming percentage of Christians here will tell you that Jesus came to Earth to die on the cross and thus save humankind from their sins. However, a few of us will tell you that the main reason that Jesus came was to teach us to love God and love each other. By the way, you are not alone in emphasizing the importance of the Gospels. Some Christians agree with you in this regard.
Jesus said: "The Son of Man. . .came to give his life as a ransom for many." (Matthew 20:28)

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus doesn't say He saves humanity from their sins. John 3:16 has a different meaning.
He saves men from the wrath of God (Romans 5:9) because of their sin.

Jesus said: "Whoever believes in the Son is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already." (John 3:18).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But that's not true, for the Gospel of the Kingdom.
The Kingdom of God is here and now (Luke 11:20).
The Gospel of the Kingdom . . .is the Gospel of Jesus. . .is the Gospel of grace. . .is the Gospel of Christ. . .is the "Gospel of Paul". . .is the Gospel of the New Covenant. . .

The NT presents only one Gospel, "Repent and believe for the forgivenss of your sin."

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm thinking you aren't very familiar with the Gospel of the Kingdom and then you dismiss it out of hand.
Thank God!

Two gospels is an invention of man, so contrary to the NT, one can't believe it even got off the ground.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To be a Disciple of Jesus, you'd have to keep Jesus' Commandments, and then you'd be given the Holy Spirit, John 14:15-17.
Contra-Biblical. . .says no such thing. . ."And" is not "Then."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You don't actually quote the Gospel of the Kingdom... instead, you mangle them by saying what you imagine to be true.

And I could go on and on showing you all the verses which prove that the gospel to the gentiles isn't even close to what Jesus teaches the lost sheep of the House of Israel
Contra-NT. . .doctrine of man. . .

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Matthew 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the Kingdom of Heaven against men: for ye neither go in [yourselves], neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
Speaking of shutting up the Kingdom against men. . .

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is the Gospel of the Kingdom.
There is only one gospel, enjoying several names, but still only the one gospel.

Your multiple gospels is an invention of man, contrary to authoritativ NT teaching.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟277,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm glad you see the difference between Paul's "Christ crucified" and Jesus' Gospel of the Kingdom of God. Galatians 2:7-9
Same gospel. . .of which there is only one.

Multiple gospels is an invention of man totally contrary to authoritive NT teaching.

1 Corinthians 3:10, 1 Corinthians 3:13-15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe Jesus was only speaking to the nation Israel in the 4 gospels, as he said himself in Matthew 15:24?

Thanks for the question, Guojing.

I am happy to answer you.

He was not. In general.

He was speaking to them only to the extent that he was telling them of their failure to keep the Word holy.

The nation of Israel had the Word, but perverted it.

The nation of Israel was a failure, so a new church had to be created, to carry the Word.

But now, alas, that church has also failed.

imo

Last edited:
Upvote 0