Why Did the Grinch Want To Steal Christmas?

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We watched it again last night. First time I really heard that Mr. Grinch had been putting up with the Whoville's Christmases for 53 years! My heart sank. I like to think that adults that old had good memories of Christmas. Back before all the public slanders began.

Mr. Grinch as Mr. Claus was hilarious, due to the ungiving of Christmas for the good people of Whoville. He really could have traumatized Miss Cindy Lou Who instead of just speaking smoothly and sending her back to bed with her cup.

Well, no more speculation that Mr. Grinch could have simply moved to some other sullen mountaintop far away from Whoville. That portal of opportunity was obviously no longer a viable factor.

Not to mention the gloating hours it took him to remove everything and pile it, putting it mildly, high upon that sled.
If poor little Max really could pull that monstrosity, the sled, that is, through deep snow, he surely had the strength to have escaped his grimly green master years ago.

What it comes down to it this: I have had to wear tight shoes, with swollen feet and ankles no less. And I never begrudged the Merry Christmases of others.

The only explanation must be that Mr. Grinch had a tiny heart/read goodness.

He did not hate Christmas, he hated joy that he did not share. Like most meanies, he never realized that he had chosen not to share the joy, so he blamed his resentment on Whoville. He could, he thought, be very happy if he could hear them not having any.

But when he heard their Welcome, Wahoo Christmas Morning Song, he finally got the message. Suddenly, he no longer wanted to keep all the rest of Christmas from them. Mr. Grinch wanted to give happiness, with what he had, a sled preposterously piled high with Christmas.

And there he goes, Max finally getting the ride he had wanted all along, with some kind of Who Tooter, sounding the call of the heart.

He flung out all the decorations, presents, and trees. He even carved the feast beast and Cindy Lou Who, who was only two, served Max with her own tiny pointed fingers.

Moral: Believe in Santa and Christmas, or lose out on the feasting.

;)

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dr Suess: Calvinist Theologian

grinmean.gif

Every Who Down in Who-ville Liked Christmas a lot... But the Grinch,Who lived just north of Who-ville, Did NOT!
The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season! Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason. It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right. It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight. But I think that the most likely reason of all May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.

But, Whatever the reason, His heart or his shoes, He stood there on Christmas Eve, hating the Whos, Staring down from his cave with a sour, Grinchy frown At the warm lighted windows below in their town.

QUESTION

Was the Grinch's depravity a heart problem or would a larger pair slippers (an external influence) enable him to celebrate Christmas rather than loathe it?
The learned theologian Dr. Seuss supplies a Calvinistic interpretation in the close of the book!

He HADN'T stopped Christmas from coming! IT CAME! Somehow or other, it came just the same!

And the Grinch, with his grinch-feet ice-cold in the snow, Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?" "It came with out ribbons! It came without tags!" "It came without packages, boxes or bags!" And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store." "Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

And what happened then...? Well...in Who-ville they say That the Grinch's small heart Grew three sizes that day!

And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight, He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light And he brought back the toys! And the food for the feast! And he...

...HE HIMSELF...! The Grinch carved the roast beast!

ANSWER

Unregenerate Griches who loathe the Savior's birth need a new heart ...

... and once that is given the former Grinch leads the celebration!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums