Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh wow, love is supposed to be the reason. I guess He will never know them. No Holy Spirit.
As far as Moses, God revealed Himself through Moses. The percentages are probably the same. Some loved God and some did not. There is always just a "remnant" who have the heart.
Blessings.
The carrot (heaven) and the stick (hell) are there to draw attention.

It is the work of LOVE which ultimately occurs in the heart ... and LOVE ultimately holds everything together.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,517.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The main thing I'm pointing out in this is that unlike the reason many give for following Jesus, Moses didn't say anything about going to heaven or hell.
the heaven and hell reason is pretty shallow. In dealling with people in Communist China they see a loy of Hypocricy, lies, and a life without meaning being a communist atheist and are look to there being more to this life (purpose and an objective).
Some people are really burdened by previously hurting others (sin) and cannot find releive from that burden, which comes with Christ.

Upvote 0

newwaytobehuman

Sep 23, 2021
south west england
✟2,156.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The fact is that many people would "follow" Jesus under those conditions. But not everyone would. There have been many religious leaders who did not promise heaven or that they themselves were God incarnate or anything of the sort, but they nevertheless attracted followers.

And yes, most of us know neighbors or acquaintances who say that Jesus was a great teacher of ethics, etc. and they admire him and to some degree "follow" his ethical teachings, but without believing all that the typical Christian does.

I think it's who you believe that's most important . Believe and trust in Jesus as your saviour and Lord.

I don't know much about doctrine but i do know Jesus. That's the main thing. The rest is important but Jesus is central

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Moses did teach eternal life

Luke 10:25-28 ESV
And behold, a lawyer stood up to put Jesus to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”

Jesus said to him, “What is written in the Law? How do you read it?”

And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

And Jesus said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live.”

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of Christians say they wouldn't follow Jesus if there was no promise of eternal life and or no threat of hell.

So I wonder then why people followed Moses then since he never said anything about gaining eternal life if you did, or going to hell if you didn't. It all pretty much rested entirely on blessing or punishment within this life.
One probably shouldn't trifle with someone who can turn their walking stick into a snake. Just sayin'. - lol

Especially when he can tell you the code phrase for the name of your God ("I am") , after walking in from the desert. "Who is this guy? With an Egyptian name even." (they look around at each other and shrug)

• Haha
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0