Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus is not a pool. He is a being. We don't draw on a pool and certainly not "everyone". Life is freely given for those who come to Jesus by faith. Jesus has that authority. Perhaps if you just quote Jesus,(as we understand His message), there would be less confusion with your message.

Randy

His death makes it possible to God to forgive those who repent, from Adam to the last human born.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
His death makes it possible to God to forgive those who repent, from Adam to the last human born.
While that is better as it has people going to Jesus for life I believe Jesus already preached to the spirits in prison and the spirits currently still in prison have no recourse to bring about a change of mind in judgments against them. We preach to the living. Esau was giving as a example as he sought a change of mind from God with tears. Only the dead in Christ will rise again. Thats why its very important for people to come to Jesus for life. There are eternal consequences at stake. And while some may think different the gospel message is preached to them for the "good" of all who might believe. Not judgement. As in choose life.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We preach to the living.
I couldn't agree with this statement (John 5:24, 1 John 2:27) - showing that a person who is not born of the spirit is the one who needs to receive the preaching. Once they have received the anointing of His indwelling spirit, they are led by Him into all knowledge of truth (John 16:13, Matthew 23:10).

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I couldn't agree with this statement (John 5:24, 1 John 2:27) - showing that a person who is not born of the spirit is the one who needs to receive the preaching. Once they have received the anointing of His indwelling spirit, they are led by Him into all knowledge of truth (John 16:13, Matthew 23:10).
We peach to the living.
Context we preach to those in the life of the body not the dead.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We peach to the living.
Context we preach to those in the life of the body not the dead.
Can I just get some clarification from you, to see whether our doctrines are aligned? .. I suspect that we might have axiomatically different views on the central verse:

Where in post #162 you have said "the spirits currently still in prison have no recourse to bring about a change of mind in judgments against them" - I assume you have been referring to 1 Peter 3:19-20.

I am viewing this as referring to the same spirits named in Jude 1:6, Genesis 6:2, Mark 3:27, Ephesians 4:8, Matthew 21:43 - it is therefore the angels who were assigned to watch over humankind but did not remain in their proper abode, that Jesus came although being equal to God did not consider to seize the power of God, but being found to look like a man, He emptied Himself (Romans 8:13-14) and became a servant in obedience. He did in fact warn those ones of the coming judgement (2 Corinthians 10:6, Matthew 25:41, 1 Corinthians 6:3, John 10:10).

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can I just get some clarification from you, to see whether our doctrines are aligned? .. I suspect that we might have axiomatically different views on the central verse:

Where in post #162 you have said "the spirits currently still in prison have no recourse to bring about a change of mind in judgments against them" - I assume you have been referring to 1 Peter 3:19-20.

I am viewing this as referring to the same spirits named in Jude 1:6, Genesis 6:2, Mark 3:27, Ephesians 4:8, Matthew 21:43 - it is therefore the angels who were assigned to watch over humankind but did not remain in their proper abode, that Jesus came although being equal to God did not consider to seize the power of God, but being found to look like a man, He emptied Himself (Romans 8:13-14) and became a servant in obedience. He did in fact warn those ones of the coming judgement (2 Corinthians 10:6, Matthew 25:41, 1 Corinthians 6:3, John 10:10).
I am stating that all judgments that Jesus makes are final. There is no redemption for the spirits in prison. The spirits Jesus preach to are people who died apart from law and long before the gospel message. They were judged according to the flesh that they may live according to the spirit. Jesus saved their souls.

Upvote 0