England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How does his death reconciles us to God?
Before we receive the Good News of the Gospel of the Lord' Jesus Christ and do what it says our sin causes us to be hostile to God and alienated from Him. God is Holy and hates our sin,but He loves each of us and longs for us to be reconciled to Him. Through the death of Christ on the cross Christ,Himself,accepted our guilt and penalty for our sin. When we repent of our sin and turn to God through Christ,the Saviour,we can receive the free, to us,gift of salvation and be reconciled to God. God's justice is satisfied! We become a new creation in Christ in a new relationship

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Through the death of Christ on the cross Christ,Himself,accepted our guilt and penalty for our sin

But Christ was not guilty. How does that satisfy God's justice?

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
But Christ was not guilty. How does that satisfy God's justice?
Christ took upon Himself our sin and died as a substitute for you and me. It was if Christ was dying in our place. 'Twas it the nails,Lord Jesus that nailed you to the tree? No twas Your everlasting love,Your love for me,e'en me'

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it must be more about solidarity and participation"

If we believe in Jesus we come to love him and identify with him. We participate in his life and death. He welcomes us to join all our sufferings with his. Our entire life becomes a sacrificial offering as if we live no longer but Christ lives in us. But love is the mystical catalyst that unites us with him. Our sins are forgiven because we repent and believe just as Jesus taught BEFORE he died.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christ took upon Himself our sin and died as a substitute for you and me. It was if Christ was dying in our place. 'Twas it the nails,Lord Jesus that nailed you to the tree? No twas Your everlasting love,Your love for me,e'en me'

That is unjust.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That is unjust.
God is Holy and Just . Without Christ we are sinners and far from just. We deserve punishment for our sin,but Jesus paid the punishment when He died in our place. Through His death He bore away our sins in His Body on the tree. His Blood was shed for us. When we trust in Him and accept His sacrifice,what can be more just than that?

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is Holy and Just . Without Christ we are sinners and far from just. We deserve punishment for our sin,but Jesus paid the punishment when He died in our place. Through His death He bore away our sins in His Body on the tree. His Blood was shed for us. When we trust in Him and accept His sacrifice,what can be more just than that?

An innocent man not dying for sins he did not commit.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
An innocent man not dying for sins he did not commit.
That's right the Son of God who was sinless,dying in our place. Completely innocent of sin Himself,but taking our punishment in our place. 'Such love..'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
And it doesn't align with the parable of the prodigal son. No retribution, no price no transaction or redemption was necessary except for the son's repentance.
God's Grace is amazing! 'And when I think that God his Son not sparing,sent Him to die I scarce can take it in. That on the cross my burden gladly bearing,He bled and died to take away my sin. Then sings my soul my Saviour God to Thee,how great Thou art..'

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's right the Son of God who was sinless,dying in our place. Completely innocent of sin Himself,but taking our punishment in our place. 'Such love..'

But no justice. That is Anselm's Penal Substitution theory. How does it make God look? Requiring the innocent to die in order to forgive?

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
But no justice. That is Anselm's Penal Substitution theory. How does it make God look? Requiring the innocent to die in order to forgive?
I would rather trust what God says in the Word of God than any theory of mere man. Jesus died for our sin because He loves us. He was the only One worthy enough to die for our sin. Justice was paid by God's Son dying for our sin. How does this make God look? Loving and completely Just!

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would rather trust what God says in the Word of God than any theory of mere man. Jesus died for our sin because He loves us. He was the only One worthy enough to die for our sin. Justice was paid by God's Son dying for our sin. How does this make God look? Loving and completely Just!
By the innocent dying for the guilty?

I think we need a deeper understanding of God's word.

We have all fallen away and all in need of reconciliation. We have been instruments of disharmony, disobedience and contribute to a cosmic malady. Jesus saves us by embracing us in our situation with love and freely, lovingly takes it on as his own regardless of the consequences even to death. His death changes the tide even as it invites us into participation. We dedicate our lives to his, harmony, obedience and healing. We take that way of life up as our share in his cross with the primary command: Love one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
By the innocent dying for the guilty?

I think we need a deeper understanding of God's word.

We have all fallen away and all in need of reconciliation. We have been instruments of disharmony, disobedience and contribute to a cosmic malady. Jesus saves us by embracing us in our situation with love and freely, lovingly takes it on as his own regardless of the consequences even to death. His death changes the tide even as it invites us into participation. We dedicate our lives to his, harmony, obedience and healing. We take that way of life up as our share in his cross with the primary command: Love one another.
A deeper understanding of the Word of God will lead us to accept what it says? God's innocent Son died in our guilty place as a substitute for our sin. All who accept that sacrifice and trust in Christ as Saviour can be saved! That is not what I say. It is what the Word of God says!

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How does his death reconciles us to God?

Well, by "blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross" - Colossians 2:14

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'And can it be that I should gain an interest in my Saviour's Blood? Died He for me who caused His pain.for m, who Him to death persued? Amazing love,how can it be that Thou my God shouldst die for me?' (Charles Wesley)

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, by "blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross" - Colossians 2:14

That sounds nice but how does it work. It is all metaphor.
The only thing nailed to the cross was Jesus. No ordinances.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'And can it be that I should gain an interest in my Saviour's Blood? Died He for me who caused His pain.for m, who Him to death persued? Amazing love,how can it be that Thou my God shouldst die for me?' (Charles Wesley)

How does that Work? God died to pay a price to himself?

Upvote 0