Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many people believe that they have to REPENT and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins and will receive the GIFT of the Holy Spirit ,

What were the sins that Israel committed ( other than the killing of Jesus ) that Israel had to repent of ??

Or why did Jesus have to be water BAPTIZED ?

What say you ?

dan p

Last edited:

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the greatest sin Israel committed was not recognizing Jesus as the Christ. There whole history is one of a back and forth relationship between being for God and turning to idols and being judged and then restored. Now note that Israel is the whole house of both Judah and Israel 2 and 10 tribes respectively. The LORD has many promises for both houses that are accomplished in the last days. The nations is said to be brought back with a heart of stone and will be given a new heart exactly like the one described in Jer 31. There destiny is to believe Jesus is both LORD and God when he delivers them from their enemies and from that time on they will be holy and the nation will live is peace and security all their days. As for baptism it is a ritual identifying you with the death and ressurection of Jesus. You need to repent and believe to be saved and baptism is proclaiming this new salvation. The thief on the cross did not get baptized and made it to paradise that same day with Jesus.

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
78 Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.

2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

3 Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us.

4 We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.

5 For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children:

6 That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children:

7 That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments:

8 And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God.

9 The children of Ephraim, being armed, and carrying bows, turned back in the day of battle.

10 They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law;

11 And forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shewed them.

12 Marvellous things did he in the sight of their fathers, in the land of Egypt, in the field of Zoan.

13 He divided the sea, and caused them to pass through; and he made the waters to stand as an heap.

14 In the daytime also he led them with a cloud, and all the night with a light of fire.

15 He clave the rocks in the wilderness, and gave them drink as out of the great depths.

16 He brought streams also out of the rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers.

17 And they sinned yet more against him by provoking the most High in the wilderness.

18 And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust.

19 Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?

20 Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? can he provide flesh for his people?

21 Therefore the Lord heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel;

22 Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation:

23 Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven,

24 And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven.

25 Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full.

26 He caused an east wind to blow in the heaven: and by his power he brought in the south wind.

27 He rained flesh also upon them as dust, and feathered fowls like as the sand of the sea:

28 And he let it fall in the midst of their camp, round about their habitations.

29 So they did eat, and were well filled: for he gave them their own desire;

30 They were not estranged from their lust. But while their meat was yet in their mouths,

31 The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel.

32 For all this they sinned still, and believed not for his wondrous works.

33 Therefore their days did he consume in vanity, and their years in trouble.

34 When he slew them, then they sought him: and they returned and enquired early after God.

35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

36 Nevertheless they did flatter him with their mouth, and they lied unto him with their tongues.

37 For their heart was not right with him, neither were they stedfast in his covenant.

38 But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath.

39 For he remembered that they were but flesh; a wind that passeth away, and cometh not again.

40 How oft did they provoke him in the wilderness, and grieve him in the desert!

41 Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.

42 They remembered not his hand, nor the day when he delivered them from the enemy.

43 How he had wrought his signs in Egypt, and his wonders in the field of Zoan.

44 And had turned their rivers into blood; and their floods, that they could not drink.

45 He sent divers sorts of flies among them, which devoured them; and frogs, which destroyed them.

46 He gave also their increase unto the caterpiller, and their labour unto the locust.

47 He destroyed their vines with hail, and their sycomore trees with frost.

48 He gave up their cattle also to the hail, and their flocks to hot thunderbolts.

49 He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.

50 He made a way to his anger; he spared not their soul from death, but gave their life over to the pestilence;

51 And smote all the firstborn in Egypt; the chief of their strength in the tabernacles of Ham:

52 But made his own people to go forth like sheep, and guided them in the wilderness like a flock.

53 And he led them on safely, so that they feared not: but the sea overwhelmed their enemies.

54 And he brought them to the border of his sanctuary, even to this mountain, which his right hand had purchased.

55 He cast out the heathen also before them, and divided them an inheritance by line, and made the tribes of Israel to dwell in their tents.

56 Yet they tempted and provoked the most high God, and kept not his testimonies:

57 But turned back, and dealt unfaithfully like their fathers: they were turned aside like a deceitful bow.

58 For they provoked him to anger with their high places, and moved him to jealousy with their graven images.

59 When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:

60 So that he forsook the tabernacle of Shiloh, the tent which he placed among men;

61 And delivered his strength into captivity, and his glory into the enemy's hand.

62 He gave his people over also unto the sword; and was wroth with his inheritance.

63 The fire consumed their young men; and their maidens were not given to marriage.

64 Their priests fell by the sword; and their widows made no lamentation.

65 Then the Lord awaked as one out of sleep, and like a mighty man that shouteth by reason of wine.

66 And he smote his enemies in the hinder parts: he put them to a perpetual reproach.

67 Moreover he refused the tabernacle of Joseph, and chose not the tribe of Ephraim:

68 But chose the tribe of Judah, the mount Zion which he loved.

69 And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth which he hath established for ever.

70 He chose David also his servant, and took him from the sheepfolds:

71 From following the ewes great with young he brought him to feed Jacob his people, and Israel his inheritance.

72 So he fed them according to the integrity of his heart; and guided them by the skilfulness of his hands.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Many people believe that they have to REPENT and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins and will receive the GIFT of the Holy Spirit ,

What were the sins that Israel committed ( other than the killing of Jesus ) that Israel had to repent of ??

Or why did Jesus water BAPTIZED ?

What say you ?

dan p

Israel was constantly in rebellion towards God ... what sin did they commit? Every sin one can think of.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus had no sin to repent of. He was baptized as the mediator for His people.

Those Christ HAD no sin to repent OF , in Gen 6:6 Christ did REPENT of making man .

In Mark 1:4 did preach the the baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of SINS and just gave one point That Jesus HAD NO SIN which is true and in Matt 3:15 that Jesus was baptized TO FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS , what does that mean ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What say you ?

dan p

Israel had to repent as a nation. You have to start from OT to understand Israel's relationship with God.

Their father, Abraham, was barren. Naturally, at his ripe old age, he could no longer have children.

God had to supernaturally intervene in his life to enable him to give birth to Issac.

Thru Issac, thru Jacob, thru his 12 sons, the nation literally came into existence.

Exodus 4:22 had a very insightful verse about this

And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

This was reinforced in Jeremiah 31:9

9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

God considered Israel his first born son. They literally became a nation when God supernaturally rescued them from Egypt, separating the waters in the ocean until all of them literally cross over the water in dry land.

But as we all know, Israel broke their covenant of Law that was given at Mount Sinai. They killed or ignored all the prophets that God repeatedly sent to them when they were separated into 2 kingdoms and went into captivity under Babylon, and then under Persia.

Jesus used the parable of the tenants, one of my favorite parables to understand his first coming on Earth to Israel, in all 3 synoptic gospels. (Matthew 21:33-46; Mark 12:1-12; Luke 20:9-19) to illustrate this.

When Jesus and the 12 were preaching from Matt-John, they need to repent of rejecting God their Father in the OT, and believe in his Son is their promised King and Messiah, as foretold by their prophets.

God had mercy on them even when they killed his prophets (e.g. 2 Chronicles 24:20-22; Jeremiah 26:20-30; cf. Luke 13:34; Acts 7:52)., and is now sending his very own Son to Israel, to do a final persuasion to Israel to repent and believe in him.

If they do, as Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3, Israel will be born again.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus had no sin to repent of. He was baptized as the mediator for His people.

And in Gen 6:6 Christ did REPENT .

Man and Women had a test of not eating , from , just one tree , and FAILED .

The Hebrew word AND IT REPENTED / NAHAM is in the NIPHAL , IMPEFECT TENSE , SINGULAR

The stem NIPHAL means to make known .
In Ex 30:21 all PRIESTS had to WASH their HANDS and FEET before their ministry in the Temple .

In Heb 5:6 Christ will forever be a Priest after the order of Melchisedec is why I believe that John water Baptized Jesus .

dan p

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And in Gen 6:6 Christ did REPENT .

Man and Women had a test of not eating , from , just one tree , and FAILED .

The Hebrew word AND IT REPENTED / NAHAM is in the NIPHAL , IMPEFECT TENSE , SINGULAR

The stem NIPHAL means to make known .
In Ex 30:21 all PRIESTS had to WASH their HANDS and FEET before their ministry in the Temple .

In Heb 5:6 Christ will forever be a Priest after the order of Melchisedec is why I believe that John water Baptized Jesus .

dan p
Jesus has no need to repent.
God does not repent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus has no need to repent.
God does not repent.
And the reason all Israel HAD to repent and be WATER Baptized is because ALL PRIESTS , Hands and Feet had to be washed BEFORE they could MINISTER before God , because all of Israel will be KINGS and PRIEST ( Rev 1:6 ) is also why Jesus was WATER BAPTIZED as He was a priest forever after the order of Melchisedec as a king of righteousness in the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM .

dan p

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the reason all Israel HAD to repent and be WATER Baptized is because ALL PRIESTS , Hands and Feet had to be washed BEFORE they could MINISTER before God , because all of Israel will be KINGS and PRIEST ( Rev 1:6 ) is also why Jesus was WATER BAPTIZED as He was a priest forever after the order of Melchisedec as a king of righteousness in the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM .

dan p
Believers are kings and priests now

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The sins were different since committed in the awareness of God according to His Revelation to Moses. Only they could repent because only they received Divine Revelation.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What say you ?

dan p

Which baptism is a part of the salvation process, based on what the Bible says?

What did Peter say below?

Acts 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

Acts 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Based on Luke 3:16, and John 1:33, and Acts 11:15-16, the most important thing about the word "baptize" in the New Testament has nothing to do with water. The Holy Spirit is the master teacher promised to New Covenant believers in Jeremiah 31:34, and John 14:26, and is found fulfilled in Ephesians 1:13, and 1 John 2:27. Unfortunately, many modern Christians see water when they read the word "baptize" in the text. Based on the above, what is the one baptism of our faith found in the passage below? How many times is the word "Spirit" found in the passage, and how many times is the word "water" found in the passage?

Eph 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Eph 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Eph 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Eph 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

“baptize” KJV

Mat_3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Mar_1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Luk_3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Joh_1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

Joh_1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

1Co_1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
in the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM .

Multiple Second Coming Visions in Revelation: (book not in chronological order )

Christ returns at the end of Revelation chapter 6, with signs in the sun, moon, and stars, as are found in the Olivet Discourse.

Those at the end of the chapter are hiding from the wrath of the Lamb.

Why would they be hiding if Christ is not present?

The "kings", "captains", "might men", "free", and "bond" are also found in chapter 19 at the return of Christ.

He returns at the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible, and the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:15-18.

The beginning of chapter 12 is a history lesson containing the fall of Satan, and the birth and death of Christ, who is the seed promised to crush the head of Satan in Genesis 3:15.

The Second Coming is found in the "harvest" of chapter 14, which is related to the parable of the wheat and tares in Matthew chapter 13.

He comes as a thief at Armageddon, and we find the greatest earthquake in history in chapter 16. This occurs when the 7th angel pours out his vial. How powerful is an earthquake which moves islands and destroys the mountains? What is happening to the planet?

He comes on a horse in chapter 19.

Chapter 20?

Does He come with the fire, and the judgment of the dead at the end of chapter 20, which agrees with what Paul said in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and 2 Timothy 4:1?

(The time of the judgment of the dead is also found in Revelation 11:18.)

There are no mortals left alive on the planet at the end of Matthew 25:31-46.

Why does an angel come down from heaven with a key to unlock the bottomless pit in Revelation 9:1-2, if the pit was not already locked?

Revelation 9:14 proves some of the angels were previously bound in some manner.

Because the two witnesses were bodily resurrected from the dead in Revelation 11, the "first resurrection" at the beginning of Revelation 20 is not the first bodily resurrection in the book.

The principle of "Recapitulation" means there are multiple visions of His return.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Believers are kings and priests now
Do you have a verse , where that believers are kings and priest now , I missed it ?
Israel are to be KINGS and PRIESTS as written in Rev 1:6 and in Ex 19:6 .

Can you say that Israel and B O C are Kings and PRIESTS all together ?

dan p

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you have a verse , where that believers are kings and priest now , I missed it ?
Israel are to be KINGS and PRIESTS as written in Rev 1:6 and in Ex 19:6 .

Can you say that Israel and B O C are Kings and PRIESTS all together ?

dan p
Hello Dan,
Yes,1 peter2:9
Rev.1:6

Upvote 0