United Kingdom
✟10,542.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had a fear of Holy Spirit leaving me and eventually His power really did leave and I got severely attacked by Satan, without my helmet of salvation on. I've been a fool so I deserve to suffer, but it is too much for one to bear.

I am just young and have my whole life to live, how can I live it without Him?
I am an evangelist and was ready to win 1,000's to the faith.

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I had a fear of Holy Spirit leaving me and eventually His power really did leave and I got severely attacked by Satan, without my helmet of salvation on. I've been a fool so I deserve to suffer, but it is too much for one to bear. I am just young and have my whole life to live, how can I live it without Him? I am an evangelist and was ready to win 1,000's to the faith.
Phi 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
To live with the Holy Spirit active in your life you need to submit to His will. This means living in alignment with God. And it's about doing His will not ours or even what our concept is of His will but truly His will.

He hasn't left you, He's quiet. There can be various reasons for this.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christian faith is "faith working through love," we have in Galatians 5:6.

So, possibly you need to be on time out with God so you can discover how to love while ministering. I offer how Paul and Silvanus and Timothy related with the Thessalonians >

1 Thessalonians 2:7&11.

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

I now see how an example leader is someone you know personally, so you can feed on how the person is with God and how the person relates in love. Your example . . . personal with people . . . is part of your message for bringing people to the "faith working through love."

So - - - now, then . . . possibly you need to spend time with mature Jesus people so you can feed on their example. And every scripture can be used by God, somehow, to help you in how to share in love with God while relating as family with your brothers and sisters in Jesus. And feed on scriptures about how to relate in close relationships > including >

"Do all things without complaining and disputing," (Philippians 2:14)

"submitting to one another in the fear of God." (Ephesians 5:21)

"swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath" (in James 1:19-20)

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

• Winner
Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I had a fear of Holy Spirit leaving me and eventually His power really did leave and I got severely attacked by Satan, without my helmet of salvation on. I've been a fool so I deserve to suffer, but it is too much for one to bear.

Why did He leave you? What does that look like, and what difference?

Young and immature Christians often confuse feelings with the presence of God or the Holy Spirit. Most Christians I know, including myself, have had "wilderness experiences" where it feels as if God is far away. The reason for this "withdrawal" of God from your feelings is to get you to put your trust in Christ and in God no matter what - God wants loyalty and faithfulness from you, it's part of spiritual and character growth.

Many people are confused because they are looking for certain feelings they had at an earlier time for deciding whether God is there or not, or whether God is angry with them or not, or if they are being blessed or punished. In Hebrews 12, it says that the mature Christian has trained their senses to discern good and evil. So maturity requires training, which is based on God's word and not subjective feelings. It says to regard hardships as discipline of a loving Father. He wants your trust.

So, if you memorize scripture, you'll have "the sword of the Spirit" to ward off Satan's attacks. And at some point, you will need to take serious consideration that you're in this Christian life as a follower of Christ for the long haul. Take up the long-term vision that you're a citizen of heaven (2 Cor. 4), and consider yourself blessed that you are in trials (James 1:2-4). In this way you'll not be a "flash in the pan" only to forsake The Way saying "I once tried Christianity" as some unfortunately do.

Another way to see it is that maturing is being weaned from fleshly feelings, and learning to follow what God says (sometimes contrary to feelings). God does not want the feelings of our flesh to be our master, but rather His Word to be our master (Rom. 8:13 - The Spirit leads us according to the Word).

So, since Jesus said "my yoke is easy and my burden light," you'll just have to keep on the path and trust that God is leading you rightly. Instead of trying to carry your burden, you should hand it over to God and trust that He will keep you. Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and stop worrying about your circumstances (or your changeable feelings).
TD:)

Upvote 0

JesusisLord7

Jan 4, 2017
United Kingdom
✟10,542.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Young and immature Christians often confuse feelings with the presence of God or the Holy Spirit. Most Christians I know, including myself, have had "wilderness experiences" where it feels as if God is far away. The reason for this "withdrawal" of God from your feelings is to get you to put your trust in Christ and in God no matter what - God wants loyalty and faithfulness from you, it's part of spiritual and character growth.

Many people are confused because they are looking for certain feelings they had at an earlier time for deciding whether God is there or not, or whether God is angry with them or not, or if they are being blessed or punished. In Hebrews 12, it says that the mature Christian has trained their senses to discern good and evil. So maturity requires training, which is based on God's word and not subjective feelings. It says to regard hardships as discipline of a loving Father. He wants your trust.

So, if you memorize scripture, you'll have "the sword of the Spirit" to ward off Satan's attacks. And at some point, you will need to take serious consideration that you're in this Christian life as a follower of Christ for the long haul. Take up the long-term vision that you're a citizen of heaven (2 Cor. 4), and consider yourself blessed that you are in trials (James 1:2-4). In this way you'll not be a "flash in the pan" only to forsake The Way saying "I once tried Christianity" as some unfortunately do.

Another way to see it is that maturing is being weaned from fleshly feelings, and learning to follow what God says (sometimes contrary to feelings). God does not want the feelings of our flesh to be our master, but rather His Word to be our master (Rom. 8:13 - The Spirit leads us according to the Word).

So, since Jesus said "my yoke is easy and my burden light," you'll just have to keep on the path and trust that God is leading you rightly. Instead of trying to carry your burden, you should hand it over to God and trust that He will keep you. Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and stop worrying about your circumstances (or your changeable feelings).

Him leaving felt like lots of power coming out of my body, wave after wave. And then something else bad coming in to destroy my own spirit and leave me empty. Everything changed about me and I felt like I hit the floor. It was more than just feelings, it was a horrible attack. It was like He was ripped out of my body entirely. I even smelt a beautiful rose fragrance leaving me, maybe the fragrance of Christ. Him leaving felt like all the goodness getting sucked out, including the life in me. My teeth feel different, my voice and my ability to sing a bit different to me. It was like being down graded.
Before, I was able to speak in tongues powerfully and now I can't.

Upvote 0

JesusisLord7

Jan 4, 2017
United Kingdom
✟10,542.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I still don't know why He left me but I think it's because I lost hope and the enemy took advantage of me. Christ in us is the hope of glory and I lost my hope of getting to Heaven.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Him leaving felt like lots of power coming out of my body, wave after wave. And then something else bad coming in to destroy my own spirit and leave me empty. Everything changed about me and I felt like I hit the floor. It was more than just feelings, it was a horrible attack. It was like He was ripped out of my body entirely. I even smelt a beautiful rose fragrance leaving me, maybe the fragrance of Christ. Him leaving felt like all the goodness getting sucked out, including the life in me. My teeth feel different, my voice and my ability to sing a bit different to me. It was like being down graded.
Everyone has different experiences. I'm sure you're trying to find someone who can relate to your experience. I have had similar experiences in years past. I'm just trying to encourage you by giving you what I deem as wise advice to not put so much stock in how you feel, and to start trusting what God's word says. What you are saying here is a description of how you sensed what happened to you - this is feelings in your flesh. But faith transcends that - it rises above what is felt in the flesh and trusts God no matter what.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I still don't know why He left me but I think it's because I lost hope and the enemy took advantage of me. Christ in us is the hope of glory and I lost my hope of getting to Heaven.
When God feels far away, He is calling to trust and obey Him. Faith is based on God's word, not on the feelings of our flesh.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The Holy Spirit doesn’t leave someone once we receive the Holy Spirit we are sealed with Him unto the day of redemption. Even if we turn to a life of sin the Holy Spirit remains with us urging us to repent and come back to Christ. You can find this in Ephesians 4 and on into Ephesians 5.

“Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:29-31‬ ‭NASB‬‬

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟163,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Can you show what your saying from the Bible?

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The good news is that you are still saved. The devil can not take your salvation from you. Even if you sinned. There is always room for repentance. As the bible says:

1Jn 2:1-2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

You need to understand how the cross works. The bible tells us:

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;

So basically the cross was a good life given for our life time of sins. From the day you are born to the day you die the cross is there to atone for your sins.

There is not a particular sin that is unforgivable. When the bible talks about an unpardonable sin, it is talking about a state of heart where a person would rather call the leading and powerful working of the Holy Spirit a devil, rather than to repent of sin. Jesus was performing many miracles, yet some of the people called him a devil rather than repent of sin.

While a person has some measure of faith in God, they can be saved for the cross is available to them. Being a life for our life time of sins.

Upvote 0

JesusisLord7

Jan 4, 2017
United Kingdom
✟10,542.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. Hebrews 6:4-6

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟163,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. Hebrews 6:4-6

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

This may be helpful to you. By Dr Michael Heiser
Naked Bible Podcast Episode 184: Hebrews 5:11-6:20

So where does that say you lose your (helmet) salvation? I agree with #10 that you can grieve the Holy Spirit, but are sealed by the Spirit.

You need to just go to God in prayer and repentance. He will restore you.

Satan attacks everyone. Put up your shield of faith and move on.

Lord we pray for JesusisLord7. Restore his faith. Help him to navigate his way back to the path you want him on. Thanks that you give us a second change, 7x70. That you bore our sins on the cross once and for all. At times we grieve your Spirit. Thanks that we can be re-filled with the Spirit. Help him to grow and understand you word in a deeper way, and be used to bring many into your kingdom. In Jesus name, Amen.

[1Jo 1:8-9 NIV] 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

[Pro 24:16 NIV] 16 for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

If you didn't join another religion, like the author of Hebrews was cautioning against, this absolutely doesn't apply to your present circumstance. And because of Luke 17 and John 21:15-19, there is hope even then. If you repent, he will take you back, no exceptions.

That sounds exactly what is happening now. The first attack of the enemy did not end. What you thought was the first attack was to set you up for what he is doing to you now. He only is able to do this to you as long as you believe him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Jesus was confronted by Satan in the wilderness. That doesn't mean that God had left Him; Jesus had just received the Holy Spirit.

You're not living without God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit! Stop believing Satan and go on with your life.

• Winner
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God gave us these scriptures in order to make sure this does not happen in us.

So, instead of believing God's word here and claiming this for yourself, believe how God's word says to trust God to do what you need!

And we have Hebrews 12:4-14, about how God our Heavenly Father is guaranteed to correct us who are His children.

So, from this I see how God keeps His children, correcting them. So, if someone were to get away from Him, this would mean He did not correct that one.

So, I would say, now trust God to be your Good Judge, to know what to do with you. Do not just be busy with what label to put on yourself.

You are not excused from obeying God, in any case.

And Jesus says,

"'Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:28-29)

So, whether you have truly trusted in Jesus or not (Ephesians 1:12), Jesus knows how you are laboring and "heavy laden", and He cares for you, and calls to "all", which includes you, I would say :)

Now, I can see how you can be a saved person, but go through a horrible thing like this. You can have the real gift of tongues, but tongues is a gift, which is good and perfect > James 1:17, but this does not mean you are perfectly good!! We need to grow up in Jesus in all His good things >

"but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the Head---Christ---" (Ephesians 4:15).

In God's love maturing in us, we more and more share with our Father in all His good and ability for loving and intimately sharing and caring with Him in us. So, He does not mean for you to only operate in some one gift. In case you have the real gift of tongues, the gift is meant to minister His own grace > 1 Peter 4:9-10 < and grace is God Himself in us creating and sharing His own good with us, as Jesus growing in us as our new inner Person > Galatians 4:19. And Jesus in us has all gifts and good, all working as His love.

So . . . perhaps > your experience is a warning about however you have been doing ministering in a self-dependent way. Jesus says "let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me," in Luke 9:23. So, trust God to get rid of that self stuff in you, so horrible stuff can't get the better of it since it's not there, and there is Jesus, instead. And become an example of this, as your message, as the meaning of God's word.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ah the infamous cherry picked Hebrews 6 applied to ones self, um to condemnation. Tricky because Satan is right there to agree with you ! Course Hebrews 6 was written to who ( hint, the title of the book says who) ? Jesus was their hope but what did they do with that ? Walked away. You gotta read more than a verse to get things in context, there are many verses in the bible that can stand fairly well alone, this isn't one of them. You need to understand other parts of the bible and also the rest of Hebrews 6. Your answer comes certainly, among other places, in the very same book at Hebrews 13:5ish.

Meanwhile the last thing God wants is a young guy condemned to hell for eternity. Come back to Him, align your mind and your spirit with His ways and watch what happens. You can be delivered from this. You start by believing it and confessing.......

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Brother,
I did not know what you had done that grieve the Holy Spirit. You can still ask God to reveal your sins in all his revealing lights that you repent. I believe God will answer you if you seek Him wholeheartedly.

Have you drawn near God by waiting for Him?
Have you draw near God by praying dan repenting daily?
Have you drawn near God by meditate His words ?
Have you drawn near God by worshiping Him daily in spirit and truth?
Have you drawn near God by thanking Him daily ?
Have you drawn near God by blessing Him?
Have you drawn near God in keeping with His word?
Have you drawn near God in keeping with His promise?

Have you gain God’s strength in keeping with His word ?
Have you gained God’s strength to grasp the power of His redemption ?
Have you gained God’s strength to grasp the power of His love ?
Let me know.
GBU

• Winner
Upvote 0