• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Why did God even bother to make me?

Loser82070

Mar 10, 2017
Oklahoma City
✟17,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm a 47 year old failure who can't succeed at anything. I'm stupid, useless, worthless, and I'm gonna burn in hell for all eternity when I die. I'll never see my family or friends again. Why did God even bother making atotal waste like me? Does it have a sadistic side that just likes throwing more fuel on the fire? What did I do to deserve being made a useless fool who's whole purpose is to burn in hell forever?

mojo487

Revived
Oct 20, 2017
Springdale
✟9,438.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Because whether you see it right now or not, your life is an incredible thing. A modern miracle even, life is so beautiful in every way. Go outside and just observe everything for a change, it's truly breathtaking.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a 47 year old failure who can't succeed at anything. I'm stupid, useless, worthless, and I'm gonna burn in hell for all eternity when I die. I'll never see my family or friends again. Why did God even bother making atotal waste like me? Does it have a sadistic side that just likes throwing more fuel on the fire? What did I do to deserve being made a useless fool who's whole purpose is to burn in hell forever?

Many reasons. Because you are the type of guy who the Lord loves to use. (me too!). Failed at most everything, wasted my life, can't do it even if I tried. He allowed us to do that so that we would KNOW that we need Him, <staff edit>.

This is all in scripture. The poor, the oppressed, the weak, the humble. God will use for His purposes. <staff edit>

With God all things are possible.
<staff edit> You need a new screen name! You're the winner...if you keep your can not do attitude and simply cling to the Lord...and obey Him.

I have always been the more intelligent Brother, skilled, self employed, best chance to win in life da da da. I failed miserably. The Lord lifted me up. I had things going again for myself...I got proud and turned my back on Him thinking that I really can do this...Ha-ha. I failed again. Pride. Thought I was something.

Then He came and chopped me down the rest of the way. Now I KNOW. I can't do it. I have to cling to Him. Not let loose of His hand. <staff edit> This sounds very similar to your story and position. You are prime to be used of the Lord. <staff edit> This is why we must become as little children, and simply cling to Daddy's hand, trusting Him. He will NOT leave us or forsake us. He's proven this to me time and time again.

I will pray for you Brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Blessed Each Day

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
Georgia
✟69,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are created in His image, you are neither of those adjectives you listed. When you hit a rough patch in life, that's when the devil loves to invite himself in to our lives to plant doubt and hatred in our minds. Our guards are let down, and he loves it, but don't give him the satisfaction. I don't know what you're going through, but I pray you realize the strength the Lord gave you, and just how much you are capable of. God bless you brother!

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, are you me?? ;)
Same age, also a loser, but i have a little more hope.
Why God created me (or rather have me exist, because i'm primarily a product of human procreation i.m.o.) i don't know either.
I often think i wish He wouldn't have, because my life usually sucks.
It could be worse though, but i suspect it would drive me to suicide if it was worse.

I wish i could help you man.
But if it wasn't for my medication (against chronical depression) i wouldn't be able to endure life.

All i can say is try to put your faith in God.
He didn't make people to perish, but to LIVE.
And not as we are now, but born again, a new you, repaired, sanctified, part of God's family.
Hard to believe sometimes, i know.
But hard to believe does not mean it's not true.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are created in His image, you are neither of those adjectives you listed. When you hit a rough patch in life, that's when the devil loves to invite himself in to our lives to plant doubt and hatred in our minds. Our guards are let down, and he loves it, but don't give him the satisfaction. I don't know what you're going through, but I pray you realize the strength the Lord gave you, and just how much you are capable of. God bless you brother!

Exactly right. The Bible speaks of the power of the spoken word...So if we talk ourselves down...we may just be framing up our own future. Speak the Lord's goodness and promises over yourself.
I am the righteousness of Christ in Christ Jesus...

I've read the bible 5 times cover to cover. Jesus died for a world of people... I'm just not one of them.

That's what they want you to think. Moses didn't think he was the man for the job, look what he did (God through him).

2 Peter 3:9-11
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.../

ANY does include you my Brother.

Upvote 0

BetzaidaK

Oct 9, 2017
Tarpon Springs
✟15,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hello,
Sorry that you feel that way. Did you know many of God's faithful prophets felt just as you at some time? One of them was Habakkuk. He lived in terrible times and saw and was treated horrendous. He too questioned God oof why he was alive. I encourage you to read his book to see what made him keep going. It is important to also know that God doesn't cause pain nor suffering to anyone. James 1:13 says "When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone." Therefore, He isn't sadistic nor did He make your life miserable. That mostly falls on ones imperfection

<staff edit>

Here are some Bible texts that offer hope and how God thinks of one.
Psalms 37:28. Philippians 4:6,7. Isaiah 41:10.
I hope you have a good day.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I never sad the blood of Jesus wasn't powerful enough to save me... I said it wasn't shed for me. If God really loved me, I'd have never been created as such joke of a person. With ALL my failures and the total mental/physical wretch that I am here on Earth, why would I believe it would be any different when I die?
The blood of Christ was shed for everyone, including you. Recall that at the last supper Jesus washed all the disciples' feet, including those of Judas. He could have waited until Judas left to betray Him, and then washed their feet, but He humbled Himself even to His betrayer. He died "for the sins of the whole world".
The Bible also says God won't put anyone through more then they can handle.
No it doesn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

forlovingHim

Oct 24, 2017
Muncie
✟18,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Celibate
I have a few verses that might help you out, friend. :) So that you know that His blood WAS shed for you too! :)

"He hath made of one blood, all nations of men, to dwell on all the face of the earth." Acts 17:26 (So He is the Creator of all)

""Have we not all one Father? Hath not one God created us?" Mal. 2:10

"Behold, all souls are mine," saith the Lord. "As the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine." Ezek. 18:4

"The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand." John 3:35 ('All things' includes 'all people', so that includes you! :) )

Also, addressing your comment about the victims of serial killers, here is one that may edify and encourage. :) "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (Note that last bit, there: "He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." That looks differently for everyone, for every kind of victim/survivor/thriver out there, but the point is that the REAL message the Bible sends is that G-D won't give us more than we can handle without HIM. We have to be willing to ask Him for help, or we absolutely cannot make it in this life!)

There are many more verses supporting both statements you've made and addressing everything that you may be feeling, and I understand that you say you've read the Bible 5 times cover to cover... that's great! :) May I ask: Did you comprehend, on a spiritual level, the things that you were reading? It may be helpful to read about this situation:

Starting in the New Testament, the book of Acts, chapter 8, verse 30, we read what happened when Philip encountered the Ethiopian in the desert; he asked him if he understood what he was reading... "The Spirit said to Philip, “Go over to that chariot and stay by it.” So Philip ran up and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?” Philip asked. “How can I,” he said, “unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.…"

It is great to read the Bible, for sure! I think what might be helpful for you is asking the Holy Spirit to guide your reading, and if emotions are overwhelming you at this time then finding another Believer that you can trust (even if it's only online, like on these forums) is good because then you can lean on them to guide your reading and pray with you before and after. Always pray in the name of Jesus for understanding of His Word so that He might open your eyes to things that you haven't seen before.

G-D always gives abundantly above and beyond what we are able to ask or imagine! And Jesus said, "You have not because you ask not, so ask that you might receive in full measure."

I have actually been feeling like a total loser myself for at least a year now, but you know what? El Shaddai, the Almighty, L-RD of Heavens and Earth, is good!!! He created you and He loves you, and that won't change because of anything you do or don't do, ever.

I pray the L-RD's blessings of peace and wisdom upon you, in the name of Jesus. Father, please open the eyes of his heart that he might see You, the ears of his heart that he might hear You, and send many good angels to him and much guidance from the Holy Spirit, that he might come to full knowledge of the peace and love and grace, -endless multitude of Blessings!!- that You have in store for him. In JESUS' Holy Name!! Amein. :D

Shalom to you, not-a-loser!!! *hugs*

-Sarah

• Winner
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please listen to the song "beloved" by Jordan feliz. You are not worthless or any of those things you stated.

Reactions: forlovingHim
Upvote 0

Loser82070

Mar 10, 2017
Oklahoma City
✟17,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Please listen to the song "beloved" by Jordan feliz. You are not worthless or any of those things you stated.
How can you say I'm none of those things? You don't even know me.

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because you are God's creation and nothing made by Him is worthless or anything of the sort

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loser82070

Mar 10, 2017
Oklahoma City
✟17,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What made you stop believing?
Failure. Failure and unanswered prayers. I realized I was alone in all of this... I don't feel God's love, and I don't think I ever really did. God doesn't love me.

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Failure. Failure and unanswered prayers. I realized I was alone in all of this... I don't feel God's love, and I don't think I ever really did. God doesn't love me.
Yes He does.
Prayers are not always answered the way we ask them to be. But He works all things to the good of those who love Him.
There was one instance in my life where I did not "feel" the existence of God. (It didn't believe, or at least not entirely, in His existence until these past couple years. But I always knew, always "felt" there was something higher, something more meaningful. Except for one night of my life. The night I very well could have been murdered had I not fought my way out. I did not "feel" His existence/ presence that night, nor His love for that matter. I've never felt more Alone in my life. Before or since.
But He WAS there. I know because Im alive. This may all seem like nonsense to you but three times in my life I very possibly could have died but didn't. There's no accident in that.
There's no accident in my typing this, or your reading this. Or in any tiny detail of any moment.
And as hard as it is for you to believe, there's no accident in you.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Because Brother, God isn't stupid and He doesn't make bad investments. He invested the very life of His Son...so that you, can live.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This sounds familiar to me. I felt this way. After the Lord saved my life in an auto accident I knew He was real and that I owed Him my life. So I started trying to be that man. After 6 months or so, I realized that, I was missing something. I did not have the joy of the Lord. Many people are speaking of it, and I clearly did not have it. I asked about it and didn't get any good answers. Have faith Brother and other cliche type answers. Not getting an answer from man, I went to God, and to His word.

<staff edit>

Listen to this mans testimony. It's pretty similar to yours and mine. God nailed him with the joy and love of the Lord! He lives it now. So do I. Oh, I fail regularly and slip. But I get right back up again and ask forgiveness and get back on that path.

• Winner
Upvote 0