Dec 9, 2012
✟127,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I find that so many "doctrinal" differences (Catholic/protestant) have a beginning at a deeper level than usually is ever addressed. Maybe this question can illuminate something essential - a foundational belief upon which the Christian revelation can either stand true, or collapse under the weight of contradictions concerning God Himself.

Why do you exist? Why did God make you? What is your purpose in His Heart?

I'd be grateful to hear responses.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I find that so many "doctrinal" differences (Catholic/protestant) have a beginning at a deeper level than usually is ever addressed. Maybe this question can illuminate something essential - a foundational belief upon which the Christian revelation can either stand true, or collapse under the weight of contradictions concerning God Himself.

"Why did God create Humans"? or "Why did God create one human - BobRyan"?

"Why did God allow humans to exist after the fall of Adam"? or "why is BobRyan still alive"?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Technically, we are not created, but born.

Our general purpose is to be useful to others and to spread the kingdom of God.

Our specific purpose is related to where we live and what we are put into.

Jeremiah 1:5, “the word of the Lord” came to the prophet Jeremiah, who was a young man at the time. God said to him: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet

• Agree
Reactions: SongOnTheWind
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jeremiah 1:5, “the word of the Lord” came to the prophet Jeremiah, who was a young man at the time. God said to him: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet

does that apply to all humans or the prophet?

what about births through rape?

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Why did God create Humans"? or "Why did God create one human - BobRyan"?

"Why did God allow humans to exist after the fall of Adam"? or "why is BobRyan still alive"?

Do those questions have different answers? Answer the question, for each "or" pair, that has the same answer for either of the "or"s.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Technically, we are not created, but born.

Our general purpose is to be useful to others and to spread the kingdom of God.

Our specific purpose is related to where we live and what we are put into.
1) A person who is born is not created?

2) Can you say more?
"To be useful" toward what end/purpose?
What does "the Kingdom of God" mean to you? How does that explain the "why" of your being?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God made me for the same reason He made everyone else so that we could have fellowship with Him in a loving relationship.

• Winner
Reactions: TedT
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you say more about what "fellowship" or "loving relationship" with God means?

No, not really. I mean it’s a father son/daughter loving relationship. Other than that I don’t what else to say. We don’t have a lot of details from the scriptures on how the relationship will play out in Heaven or about what our life will be like with Him in Heaven. So it’s hard to say exactly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I like the old Westminster answer: To glorify God and enjoy God forever. Human beings are a wonderful creation of God, and we bring glory to God by our existence. God, also, is wonderful beyond description, and God has given us enough awareness that we can enjoy God -- imperfectly in this life, more fully in the life to come.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, not really. I mean it’s a father son/daughter loving relationship. Other than that I don’t what else to say. We don’t have a lot of details from the scriptures on how the relationship will play out in Heaven or about what our life will be like with Him in Heaven. So it’s hard to say exactly.

I believe you are really on the right road to much more. God designed our nature so that we possess a certain compatibility with Him - "Him" being the only God who IS - that is, God the Holy Trinity. You see the "father son/daughter loving relationship", which is a great and very profound "clue", designed into our nature, pointing us to the divine nature, God the Holy Trinity, three Divine Persons in the One God, an eternal relationship of Three in One, so perfect being the "relationship" and the Love binding them, that they necessarily exist inseparably One, a dynamic interchange and exchange of Love and mutual indwelling in the One Unity.

Jesus shows us the right human expression of the eternal and divine Love: He walked that Love, and in His Self-emptying, and out-pouring, on the Cross for the sake of others, points us to the key. We are made to enter that Mystery of holy communion in Him. Why? Because Love, of necessity, seeks the Good of the Beloved.

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I truly have no idea, and frankly, no Christian answers really satisfy me.

To truly have no idea why you exist puts you well ahead of many - the many who are looking for it in all the wrong places, thinking/hoping that because so many are doing this or that or the other, it MUST be the way to happiness. But it is not. None off those merry-go-rounds get anywhere. God made us for a deep joy that is eternal. This passing world has many signs and symbols - "parables", if we can hear what they are saying - signs pointing to that which lasts, and that brings light to the mystery, finally answering that most human of questions, WHY? Why am I here? What am I to do? Where can I find the truth. The Truth!

The Christian answer is the only one that is - that is true, right, necessary, essential, real. Search out the Truth in Christ, and you will find it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: obscura
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,001.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1) A person who is born is not created?

2) Can you say more?
"To be useful" toward what end/purpose?
What does "the Kingdom of God" mean to you? How does that explain the "why" of your being?

1) Yes, a person who is born is not created. We had parents.

2) Useful to the community, to the place you live in, to your family, to people/animals in need, to your employer, to your country etc. Whatever situation you are placed in.

The Kingdom of God in this broad meaning is all that is good (justice, freedom, democracy, peace, truth, good values and morals, health...) and wherever God conquers some evil, lie, injustice, tyranny, disease etc. through you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
1) Yes, a person who is born is not created. We had parents.

Parents are a part of the process by which you came into being. I am not concerned here with the process or time used to create you, but rather with the fact of "you," only after a timeless expanse when there was "not you."

Was there ever a time when there were no parents? When there was no humanity, no human nature, no human life? No "stuff" at all? Before there was, there was not. Then, there was. "Creation" began .... you.

And thinking it through, since before I first existed, I did not exist, I was created. And since my existence had a beginning, and needed to be created, my continuing existence is no more necessary than my existence itself. That is, my existence must be held in existence by something outside of my own being. That is, my essence does not contain my existence. I am not necessary - my creation, and my being, are not necessary (I could more easily not exist, than exist. The universe would not miss me at all, if I never existed. Yet - yet - I do exist. My creator, because of whom I do exist, must also hold my existence in being, lest I collapse back into the not-being that preceded me.)

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
-​

As a reply to satan's appeal of his sentence to the lake of fire, after his sin and fall.

Did you click on the wrong thread? A thread that was about "satan's appeal of his sentence to the lake of fire, after his sin and fall"?

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
2) Useful to the community, to the place you live in, to your family, to people/animals in need, to your employer, to your country etc. Whatever situation you are placed in.

The Kingdom of God in this broad meaning is all that is good (justice, freedom, democracy, peace, truth, good values and morals, health...) and wherever God conquers some evil, lie, injustice, tyranny, disease etc. through you.

Can I paraphrase your reply and say, "God created me to work through me to bring about a community where good is established and evil is conquered"? So in the end, we are instruments of God for the formation of a just society?

Please correct me if I misunderstood you.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,001.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can I paraphrase your reply and say, "God created me to work through me to bring about a community where good is established and evil is conquered"? So in the end, we are instruments of God for the formation of a just society?

Please correct me if I misunderstood you.

We can debate the word "created" or "just society" (helping somebody or forgiving somebody is not exactly "just"), but you got the main point.

Upvote 0