Dallas
✟16,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God created us so that we can have a relationship with him through Jesus Christ and be the light of this world. I am not sure the full reason but that in my opinion why he created us. I do know that God loves you so much he sent his son Jesus Christ to die for our sins so that we can have a relationship with him. Praise the lord!

Turn to Jesus Christ today and start a new life with Jesus!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Why did God create us?
To enjoy life, and to live, laugh, and love, and to have a personal relationship with him...

Care for other people, ect, both in our thinking and our doing... (included in love)... Bring others who do not have a relationship with God, into a personal relationship with God when and where we see it, and we see that it is needed, ect... (included in love)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It's a test. We don't have to be here. This is the grand opportunity! So we're here, now what? This is when we find out who really loves God and who doesn't. Those who love God obey Him. Those who do not love God do not follow His commands.

I don't see anyone else doing this, but I'm going to obey and run the race as commanded, then I can have full confidence on the Day of the Lord, standing and facing Him with my arms open wide saying, "Here I am Lord, A Proud Slave".

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Why did God create us?

Q. What is the chief end of man?
A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever.

~Shorter Catechism (Q & A #1), Westminster Standards

• Winner
Reactions: ICONO'CLAST
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why did God create us?

To become one huge family centered on pure love, living with Him in complete unity for eternity. ;o) To become one with Him. AMEN!

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.

Galatians 3:26
For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

God Bless.

Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2018
Washington DC
✟15,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To become one huge family centered on pure love, living with Him in complete unity for eternity. ;o) To become one with Him. AMEN!

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.

Galatians 3:26
For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

God Bless.

Bless you my friend! This is it!!

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Here's my answer for it! We were made for His Love! Everything we do is our response of Love to HIM! Praise God!
The above is an interesting theory, but along with the fact that it was an atheist who helped him come to the conclusion that he did (about worship), I think that his assessment of worship, and some of the reasons for it, are simply wrong (at least for Christians anyway).

I believe His first and principle mistake was comparing God to a dictatorial human leader, and then seeing Him as an, "All Powerful Bully Who is Demanding Our Praise". That's not it at all, not even close (though I can certainly appreciate how such an assessment of worship might come from an atheist or from another type of non-Christian). The fact is, God doesn't need us, and He doesn't need our praise and worship of Him ... but we certainly do :amen:

His second mistake is in trying to establish some sort of division in the Christian life where none previously existed between 1. our worship, praise and adoration of God, and 2. our loving Him. We choose to worship and adore God, to praise, honor, glorify, please and obey Him ~because~ we love Him.

From the OT to the New (consider many of the Psalms, or the Lord's prayer .. for instance, "Our Father, which art in Heaven, hallowed by Thy Name...."), and from those still living here on Earth, who consistently praise His Holy Name, to the Angelic host and the Church Triumphant in Heaven, it sure seems to me that there are a LOT of created beings (especially in Heaven) doing that which we were not created to do .. ~if~ God did not create us to worship Him, that is (as the video above purposes).

There is also the Biblical evidence to consider. In fact, I don't believe that there is any way to deny the importance of worship, since the Bible is replete with verses and passages that discuss it from Genesis to Revelation. Here, for instance, is the first of 25 web pages of verses that contain the word worship:

John 4:24
God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
______________________________________________________________________________________

Genesis 22:5
Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey, and I and the lad will go over there; and we will worship and return to you.”

Genesis 24:26
Then the man bowed low and worshiped the Lord.

Genesis 24:48
And I bowed low and worshiped the Lord, and blessed the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who had guided me in the right way to take the daughter of my master’s kinsman for his son.

Genesis 47:31
He said, “Swear to me.” So he swore to him. Then Israel bowed in worship at the head of the bed.

Exodus 3:12
And He said, “Certainly I will be with you, and this shall be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall worship God at this mountain.”

Exodus 4:31
So the people believed; and when they heard that the Lord was concerned about the sons of Israel and that He had seen their affliction, then they bowed low and worshiped.

Exodus 12:27
you shall say, ‘It is a Passover sacrifice to the Lord who passed over the houses of the sons of Israel in Egypt when He smote the Egyptians, but spared our homes.’” And the people bowed low and worshiped.

Exodus 12:31
Then he called for Moses and Aaron at night and said, “Rise up, get out from among my people, both you and the sons of Israel; and go, worship the Lord, as you have said.

Exodus 20:5
You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,

Exodus 23:24
You shall not worship their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their deeds; but you shall utterly overthrow them and break their sacred pillars in pieces.

Exodus 24:1
[ People Affirm Their Covenant with God ] Then He said to Moses, “Come up to the Lord, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu and seventy of the elders of Israel, and you shall worship at a distance.

Exodus 32:8
They have quickly turned aside from the way which I commanded them. They have made for themselves a molten calf, and have worshiped it and have sacrificed to it and said, ‘This is your god, O Israel, who brought you up from the land of Egypt!’”

Exodus 33:10
When all the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance of the tent, all the people would arise and worship, each at the entrance of his tent.

Exodus 34:8
Moses made haste to bow low toward the earth and worship.

Exodus 34:14
—for you shall not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God—

Deuteronomy 4:19
And beware not to lift up your eyes to heaven and see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, and be drawn away and worship them and serve them, those which the Lord your God has allotted to all the peoples under the whole heaven.

Deuteronomy 5:9
You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,

Deuteronomy 6:13
You shall fear only the Lord your God; and you shall worship Him and swear by His name.

Deuteronomy 8:19
It shall come about if you ever forget the Lord your God and go after other gods and serve them and worshipthem, I testify against you today that you will surely perish.

Deuteronomy 11:16
Beware that your hearts are not deceived, and that you do not turn away and serve other gods and worship them.

Deuteronomy 17:3
and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the heavenly host, which I have not commanded,

Deuteronomy 26:10
Now behold, I have brought the first of the produce of the ground which You, O Lord have given me.’ And you shall set it down before the Lord your God, and worship before the Lord your God;

Deuteronomy 29:26
They went and served other gods and worshiped them, gods whom they have not known and whom He had not allotted to them.

Deuteronomy 30:17
But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them,

Judges 7:15
When Gideon heard the account of the dream and its interpretation, he bowed in worship. He returned to the camp of Israel and said, “Arise, for the Lord has given the camp of Midian into your hands.”​

Again, that was just page 1 of 25. If you'd like to look through all the verses that contain the word "worship" in the Bible, go here.

Yours and His,
David

Revelation 5
11 I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands,
12 saying with a loud voice,
“Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.”
13 And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying,
“To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever.”
14 And the four living creatures kept saying, “Amen.” And the elders fell down and worshiped.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
How do posters here interpret Genesis 2:15, in relation to this question (?)

I find this verse to be a pretty straight-forward, immediate explanation that man was (initially) placed on Earth as a caretaker of God's natural (Edenic) world (?)

Does the Bible eventually/clearly refute this earliest explanation (?) Or is it that New Testament teachings discard this seemingly clear cut original raison d'etre..
I've wondered about this over the years; good topic.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
How do posters here interpret Genesis 2:15, in relation to this question (?)

I find this verse to be a pretty straight-forward, immediate explanation that man was (initially) placed on Earth as a caretaker of God's natural (Edenic) world (?)
Do you believe that God required our help to care for His Creation, or was work something that He gave to us as a blessing?

There is also Genesis 1:28 to consider, but was procreation the principle reason that He created us?
Does the Bible eventually/clearly refute this earliest explanation (?) Or is it that New Testament teachings discard this seemingly clear cut original raison d'etre..
No, I think even after the Fall, we were still to be the rulers and caretakers He intended us to be .. Genesis 1:26-28. Again though, do you believe that our being stewards of this planet is the whole or even the principle reason that God created us?

Thanks!

--David

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ICONO'CLAST
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Scriptures are unclear why God created us but crystal clear that God created us. I think one day we will know even as we are known, perhaps the answer comes then. We do know that God chose us before the foundation of the earth to be holy and blameless in his sight. (Ephesians 1:4). All it tells us is it was according to the pleasure of his perfect will to the praise of his glorious grace (Ephesians 1:5-6).

Grace and peace,
Mark

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Babe Ruth

Nov 10, 2017
Southeastern USA
✟55,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that God required our help to care for His Creation, or was work something that He gave to us as a blessing?

There is also Genesis 1:28 to consider, but was procreation the principle reason that He created us?

No, I think even after the Fall, we were still to be the rulers and caretakers He intended us to be .. Genesis 1:26-28. Again though, do you believe that our being stewards of this planet is the whole or even the principle reason that God created us?
--David

David, yeah.. I think Genesis 1:28 would be another Genesis verse consistent w/the raison d'etre of 2:15..
It seems pretty straight forward from those complimentary verses that man was created to sustain ourselves as caretakers of God's Earthly Eden..

U ask my personal, subjective take on it.. I'm not sure how I process it. Because that basic function is obviously important to the sustenance of Earth. And important to God. But on a personal level, man as first & foremost just a gardener seems logical, but less lofty than the aspirations of the New Testament. Seems conflicting.. but I find it hard to ignore how clear cut Genesis seems on it.. Personally, I've felt it a blessing to be both a parent & environmental steward tho.

It's confusing (for me) to decide if Old & New Testament are mutually exclusive in their explanations sometimes.. peace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 8, 2018
Washington DC
✟15,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The above is an interesting theory, but along with the fact that it was an atheist who helped him come to the conclusion that he did (about worship), I believe that his assessment of worship, and some of the reasons for it, are simply wrong (at least for Christians anyway).

I believe His first and principle problem is in comparing God to a dictatorial human leader, and seeing Him as an, "All Powerful Bully Who is Demanding Our Praise". That's not it as all, not even close (though I can certainly appreciate the fact that such an assessment of worship might come from an atheist or another type of non-Christian). The fact is, God doesn't need us, and He certainly doesn't need our praise and worship of Him ... but we do :amen:

My brother, thanks for your reply. You were respectful to me, and I really appreciate that. I made this video to show people that the heart of God is for people, more than their worship. He made us to share with us, His Love and His fullness. We were made to be His family! Our worship, and everything else is our response, which by the way is my utmost delight.

A little about me - I didn't come to my understanding of worship, based on my atheist classmate - although He did bring up a valid question. It was God, who awakened my eyes to see that He loves me, more than anything I could ever offer Him - that I am His delight!

You know, I never said that God is "an all powerful bully, that demands our praise", but that - people see Him that way, when they don't know His heart for them. When we don't know God's heart, we are limited to understanding Him through the lens of what we know of, earthy kings, and leaders. And these tend to be concerned with themselves, above all else. This is the exact opposite of The Nature of our Father.

God is selfless, because God is Love, and Love "does not seek its own" 1 Cor 13:4.
Some people sadly assume, that our wonderful Father was seeking His own, when He made us. That is not true!

Yes, we do worship Him, we love Him - not by demand but as response to Him!

Love you my brother!

P. Hiz (Teachings)

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
David, yeah.. I think Genesis 1:28 would be another Genesis verse consistent w/the raison d'etre of 2:15.. It seems pretty straight forward from those complimentary verses that man was created to sustain ourselves as caretakers of God's Earthly Eden..
U ask my personal, subjective take on it.. I'm not sure how I process it. Because that basic function is obviously important to the sustenance of Earth. And important to God.
Hi again Babe, I still wonder if that's all there is to it because God doesn't need us as stewards of the planet, or as a means of populating it (as He could easily accomplish both far better than we could ever hope to do).
I've felt it a blessing to be both a parent & environmental steward tho.
Oh, me too, very much so :) But that's just it, being stewards and parents are gifts/blessings to us from God, but I don't think that they are the reason He created us (as again, He doesn't "need" us to do any of those things).
It's confusing (for me) to decide if Old & New Testament are mutually exclusive in their explanations sometimes.. peace.
No worries, while there are many things that we do not/cannot know (at least on this side of the grave anyway), God has already told us all that we need to know to be able to find Him & spend eternity with Him .. Deuteronomy 29:29 (plus, we literally have an eternity to figure out everything else .. if everything else is actually figureable-outable by beings such as ourselves, that is ;) .. not sure that we are ever going to fully comprehend certain Divine attributes, like omnipresence, for instance).

Yours and His,
David

Deuteronomy 29
29 The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.

Upvote 0