Why did God create fleas and mosquito's and the like?

George777

Temple of God
Aug 20, 2002
Visit site
✟15,137.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by blader
Prove that the world is better off without misquitos and fleas and harmful bacteria. You can't, so stop making innuendos against the almighty!
Isn't it obvious that the world would be better off? I guess we could do without them, couldn't we?

And about that Hitler quote (I guess I'm not the first Christian saying something about it): saying that you are a Christian doesn't make you one, but acting like one does.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by George777
Isn't it obvious that the world would be better off? I guess we could do without them, couldn't we?

So... maybe God didn't create them?

And about that Hitler quote (I guess I'm not the first christian saying something about it): saying that you are a christian doesn't make you one, but acting like one does.

That's a great point. From my perspective, though, believing that you are a Christian means that you are a Christian. I have no doubt in my mind that Hitler did believe he was acting in the interest of Christianity.

These interests are definitely not what most Christians accept though, I do agree with that.

I don't personally agree that Hitler is a Christian by his actions, certainly not. The sig is actually just there temporarily because someone else decided to use a quote to proclaim that Hitler was an enemy of Christianity, which he is not. At least he didn't consider himself to be.

So the point I was trying to make is: Do I think Hitler is a Christian by his actions? No. Do I think Hitler genuinely believed that he was a Christian? Yes.

You can check the "Darwinian Philosophy" thread for the continuing debate, and reply to this post there, so we won't hijack this thread, thanks!

Upvote 0

WinAce

Just an old legend...
Jun 23, 2002
In perpetual bliss, so long as I'm with Jess.
Visit site
✟16,806.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God does not like watching ill and suffering people, the Bible is clear about that.

Quick... get the tranquilizer, he's thinking for himself and rejecting the disturbing parts of the Bible...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Before the fall of humankind, these things were probably not nearly as pesky. Since we became sinners, viruses and disease-causing bacteria have served to perhaps keep the population in check. With sin now in the world, death and all kinds of other bad things came with it.

Mosquitoes and fleas are food for other creatures. Birds like mosquitoes, monkeys like to eat fleas, etc.

Upvote 0

FordPrefect

WWADGD
Aug 7, 2002
Visit site
✟788.00
Faith
Atheist
Originally posted by psycmajor
Before the fall of humankind, these things were probably not nearly as pesky. Since we became sinners, viruses and disease-causing bacteria have served to perhaps keep the population in check. With sin now in the world, death and all kinds of other bad things came with it.

Mosquitoes and fleas are food for other creatures. Birds like mosquitoes, monkeys like to eat fleas, etc.

And I thought that was what global floods and fireballs from the sky were for... The next question I have from your comment is how did mosquitos change from a healthy vegetarian diet (presumably) to one that completely violates God's rule of not drinking the blood, or life force of an animal. Given that rule, and that these little insects are sucking HUMAN (made in the image of the almighty) blood, there should be little zaps of lightening every time those little buggers make off with a drop of blood.

And George777, really? Nothing disturbing at all?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
I wonder why God would have created fleas and mosquito's and the like. And what about disease causing bacteria or viruses?

You know, this is one of the quesitons I plan on asking him when I see him.

Until then, the only thing I can say is--"Because He wanted to. He doesn't owe ME a better explanation than that."

You know, when I was at Kent State studying biology, the professors would often answer questions like this one by saying, "Because God wanted it that way."

That really got me thinking. If men of science with PhD's could give that as their honest answer to an unanswerable question, maybe there is a God. Up til then, I put my faith totally in science, and thought the concept of God was a joke.

Upvote 0