Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I am simply going by what the text says. If that is a problem for you, then I wonder.
No you are going by your errant interpretation of what the text says. Your presuppositions simply don't hold water throughout the rest of scripture that screams of God's goodness.

Upvote 0

pk4yahweh

Pressing in...
Jul 21, 2011
Connecticut
✟8,089.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
No you are going by your errant interpretation of what the text says. Your presuppositions simply don't hold water throughout the rest of scripture that screams of God's goodness.

Funny how many have basically told our friend this EXACT Truth... yet he keeps coming back with "Yes... but - but - but... I guess you guys aren't answering me!"

Upvote 0

7he4uthor

7he 7rue he4RT of 7he CRE4TOR
Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
its very rude to quote my whole text
do it again i will leave

Luke 10:19
and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

''i send you out as sheep amongst wolves''

sheep amongst wolves get hurt
no matter interpreted physically spiritually

please edit
unquote my property
or i will certainly leave in protest
how rude !

wisdom/understanding comes from god
to me it is a sin to ask others to think for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2013
✟325.00
Faith
Christian

I am not willing to pick and choose what I believe in the bible. Either it's all true or none of it is.

I created another thread about other difficult verses. Job is probably the clearest example of God doing evil, but unfortunately, there are many others.

Upvote 0

7he4uthor

7he 7rue he4RT of 7he CRE4TOR
Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
God tells us in the old testament that HE is the *only God* and there are no other gods beside him,

LIE !

God says not to place other gods before him

their existence is acknowledged by the writer
and their worship isnt forbidden
and i can explain why and many other things BUT

--->i asked you UNQUOTE my post
its mine to leave/edit/remove
it isnt your intelectual property

unlock it !

Upvote 0

mandelduke

Oct 17, 2010
Choctaw Ms
✟8,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can really relate to Job in the Bible. He goes through a great deal. However, I would like to know why God afflicts Job and why he does the same today. Even if we blame the devil, God still authorized Satan to attack Job. So how do we make sense of this, in light of Word of Faith teachings?
Your words tell me you know nothing about God. God did not afflict Job, and it would be imposable for him to do it now, because Satan was defeated at the cross. When I was 12 years old, my best friend was killed in a car wreck, my 20ty year old cousin. When I was 15 years old, I was sent to reform school where I was tortured, and forced to torture other children, witch screwed my life up for 30ty years. At the age of 17teen, I had broken all of Gods commandments. In addition, when I was 17teen I got into organized crime. I turned 21 in prison yet I knew I was saved for as long as I could remember. When I was 23 my only brother died, my father died the next year. My best friend from 1st grade killed himself when I was 29; I have never hunted, trapped, or fished since then. I buried my mother one-year later. In 2009, my 18teen year daughter died suddenly four days before her and my oldest daughter birthday. The words I speak to you are like iron, they cannot be broken. God has always treated me as if I was the only one. Even when I cursed him and wanted to die, he was there for me. So what is your beef?

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2013
✟325.00
Faith
Christian
Your words tell me you know nothing about God. God did not afflict Job, and it would be imposable for him to do it now, because Satan was defeated at the cross. When I was 12 years old, my best friend was killed in a car wreck, my 20ty year old cousin. When I was 15 years old, I was sent to reform school where I was tortured, and forced to torture other children, witch screwed my life up for 30ty years. At the age of 17teen, I had broken all of Gods commandments. In addition, when I was 17teen I got into organized crime. I turned 21 in prison yet I knew I was saved for as long as I could remember. When I was 23 my only brother died, my father died the next year. My best friend from 1st grade killed himself when I was 29; I have never hunted, trapped, or fished since then. I buried my mother one-year later. In 2009, my 18teen year daughter died suddenly four days before her and my oldest daughter birthday. The words I speak to you are like iron, they cannot be broken. God has always treated me as if I was the only one. Even when I cursed him and wanted to die, he was there for me. So what is your beef?

It's unfortunate you had such a terrible life.

But, is that your testimony? You had a terrible life that God gave you and that is why I should not believe God is bad? That does not make any sense.

Telling me how bad God has made your life only proves my point further.

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not one person has adequately explained why the text blames God, not Satan. This is my fault? Really?

If I may offer a bit of help...

The afflictions Job suffered were of "this" world, meaning natural. The goal being, in the case of Job, to exemplify that no matter what material thing that was "taken away" Job's relationship with God would endure.

We are to strive to know and understand God, to trust Him to supply our "needs" and understand that our "desires" of the flesh may not always be satisfied. Job was a wonderful example of how we CAN keep our faith, our truth, in God no matter what happens to our natural bodies, or to our natural lives, because the only TRUE battle we fight is not physical, but spiritual.

My husband lost his son the day after Christmas, with absolutely NO warning. God called him home. The verse my husband has clung to in this is Job 13:15 - Thou He slay me, YET I will trust in Him. This is because this experience has taught my husband that his - our - faith in Christ will not protect us from every hurtful thing that could happen, and so when we do encounter trials, we must then focus on our spiritual selves, rather than our materials desires.

I pray this helps. Job is certainly a tough one :sorry:

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But you are completely ignoring what the bible actually says. You are ignoring Job to suit your own beliefs.

God himself said, "You moved me to afflict him, without cause." There you have it. Later it says, God brought evil upon Job, not Satan. But you ignore this completely.

Please note that even though Satan "moved" God to do something, that does not mean God did it. I can "move" you to respect and honor God, and have been attempting to do just that. However, as we are witnessing, you are not actually doing it.

A very basic reading of the book reveals the fact that God did nothing but protect and eventurally restore Job. God never laid a finger on Job. Show us a single instance where He did.

You cannot because He did not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 4, 2013
✟325.00
Faith
Christian
Please note that even though Satan "moved" God to do something, that does not mean God did it. I can "move" you to respect and honor God, and have been attempting to do just that. However, as we are witnessing, you are not actually doing it.

A very basic reading of the book reveals the fact that God did nothing but protect and eventurally restore Job. God never laid a finger on Job. Show us a single instance where He did.

You cannot because He did not.

But that is my point exactly. If you admit Satan "moved" God to do anything, then that would make Satan more powerful than God. Satan was calling the shots, getting God to do his bidding.

I quoted where the bible says God did it. If God was sovereign and in control, then he authorized Satan to afflict Job and myself. If God is not sovereign, then Satan is...? Is that what you're suggesting?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But that is my point exactly. If you admit Satan "moved" God to do anything, then that would make Satan more powerful than God. Satan was calling the shots, getting God to do his bidding.

I quoted where the bible says God did it. If God was sovereign and in control, then he authorized Satan to afflict Job and myself. If God is not sovereign, then Satan is...? Is that what you're suggesting?

Where does the Bible say God did it??? I am still missing that. I see where Job said God did it and where Job's wife said God did it and where Job's servant said God did it and even where his friends and neighbors said God did it. But nowhere do I see God actually doing it or God claiming that He did it. There is what people said and what really happened. Where do you see God saying He did it???

Like many, you have erroneously mis-defined the word "sovereign" to mean "controlling". Every living sentient being is sovereign. I am sovereign. I can do anything I want within the bounds of my power and ability. You are 100% sovereign in that you can do anything you want within your power and ability. EVERYONE is sovereign.

Let me also say that the word "sovereign" does not exist in the Bible. Not once. Let me also point out that the word "control" is never found in the Bible. Not once! I suggest that to put so much weight on two words that are not even found in the Bible should give one pause.

Yes, God is in control when He actually moves. But He does not always move. He is not controlling everything nor does He claim to. Look around you, not just your life but everyones Else's. Read the paper and watch CNN. Who does it look like is controlling what you see? Is God doing this? Is what you see the picture of what you think God is? Jesus came to show us the father. Did Jesus put sickness on people? Did Jesus put cancer on people? Did Jesus cast people into poverty, wreck their lives, or starve them? If Jesus did not do it it is because the Father does not do it.

However, the thief has come to steal kill and destroy. Is that what you we all around us? I think it is. Not God...

But please do show me where God says (not men say)that He afflicted Job.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2013
✟325.00
Faith
Christian
Where does the Bible say God did it??? I am still missing that. I see where Job said God did it and where Job's wife said God did it and where Job's servant said God did it and even where his friends and neighbors said God did it. But nowhere do I see God actually doing it or God claiming that He did it. There is what people said and what really happened. Where do you see God saying He did it???

Like many, you have erroneously mis-defined the word "sovereign" to mean "controlling". Every living sentient being is sovereign. I am sovereign. I can do anything I want within the bounds of my power and ability. You are 100% sovereign in that you can do anything you want within your power and ability. EVERYONE is sovereign.

Let me also say that the word "sovereign" does not exist in the Bible. Not once. Let me also point out that the word "control" is never found in the Bible. Not once! I suggest that to put so much weight on two words that are not even found in the Bible should give one pause.

Yes, God is in control when He actually moves. But He does not always move. He is not controlling everything nor does He claim to. Look around you, not just your life but everyones Else's. Read the paper and watch CNN. Who does it look like is controlling what you see? Is God doing this? Is what you see the picture of what you think God is? Jesus came to show us the father. Did Jesus put sickness on people? Did Jesus put cancer on people? Did Jesus cast people into poverty, wreck their lives, or starve them? If Jesus did not do it it is because the Father does not do it.

However, the thief has come to steal kill and destroy. Is that what you we all around us? I think it is. Not God...

But please do show me where God says (not men say)that He afflicted Job.

Job 2:3

The Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man fearing God and turning away from evil. And he still holds fast his integrity, although you incited Me against him to ruin him without cause.”

Upvote 0
W

WOFFED

Simply,

Satan may put accusatory thoughts in our minds, but Satan no longer has access to the throne of God. The enemy can no longer bring accusations against us before God. Satan was expelled from Heaven nearly 2000 years ago.

Things are so radically different from the days of Job. Now Christ Jesus, not Satan has access to God. Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit is our counselor and comforter for those that have invited Him into their being. New creations in Christ having been born again by the Holy Spirit. Jesus is now our intercessor and advocate seated at the right hand of God. Your comments like others before you are beating a dead horse and a broken drum. We wonder if you really understand the wonder-working power of the Good News.

All of your posts suggests that the enemy has done a job on you. So, instead of praising God you are stubbornly blaming God for something that even Job came to accept as beneficial giving him a humility he probably never forgot for the rest of his life. The bottomline is you are being negative when instead you should be ever so positive and grateful for God’s Good News.

Don't you see that as much as the enemy tries to upset God's apple cart that no matter what he does it will always backfire and in the end no matter what his schemes they eventually do more to solidify the Kingdom of God than weaken the Kingdom of God.

You keep on accusing God, while making Satan out to be just a willing accomplice. Do you realize how much Satan has you behaving like his puppet or just so much putty in his hands. Satan has you confused and dwelling on Adamic sin ... when instead you should be thanking, praising and fellowshipping with the freedom we have in Christ.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟559,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Job 2:3

The Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man fearing God and turning away from evil. And he still holds fast his integrity, although you incited Me against him to ruin him without cause.”

That is what satan tried to do. He was not successful. Just read the book and find out who actually carried out the attacks. Not God.
Satan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Not one person has adequately explained why the text blames God, not Satan. This is my fault? Really?
You've been told repeatedly that blame does not lie with God or Satan. It is Job's choice to fear and walk in the curse.

Upvote 0

ABlessedAnomaly

Teacher of the Word
Apr 28, 2006
Arizona
✟17,809.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
If I may offer a bit of help...

The afflictions Job suffered were of "this" world, meaning natural. The goal being, in the case of Job, to exemplify that no matter what material thing that was "taken away" Job's relationship with God would endure.

We are to strive to know and understand God, to trust Him to supply our "needs" and understand that our "desires" of the flesh may not always be satisfied. Job was a wonderful example of how we CAN keep our faith, our truth, in God no matter what happens to our natural bodies, or to our natural lives, because the only TRUE battle we fight is not physical, but spiritual.

My husband lost his son the day after Christmas, with absolutely NO warning. God called him home. The verse my husband has clung to in this is Job 13:15 - Thou He slay me, YET I will trust in Him. This is because this experience has taught my husband that his - our - faith in Christ will not protect us from every hurtful thing that could happen, and so when we do encounter trials, we must then focus on our spiritual selves, rather than our materials desires.

I pray this helps. Job is certainly a tough one :sorry:
A very good post.

If I may approach a sensitive subject, as I do not know what your denominational beliefs are so they may not line up with Word/Faith, but if I could change one thought in you (and your husband) from this post it would be this: God did NOT call his son home. His son is in the arms of Jesus (making this claim in agreement with you as a response to the great faith I see in this post). It is the fact that this earth has been cracked by the curse and there are things that happen here and to us who live here that cause pain and sometimes death.

To continue in this belief (that God called him home early) can lead to a bitterness against God (perhaps in you or your husband at some point; or perhaps in someone who will read your post in the future). God does not cause such tragedy. The curse is the cause of tragedy. The devil will try to get us to walk in the curse and to embrace the curse, for only he comes to destroy.

I'm sorry for your stepson. No parent should ever have to go through this. I do not know what I would do if one of my sons were to die. But I do know that such would not be the cause of God, not from His touch or from His "calling one home." God is love.

I pray that my post does not offend. I write this only in love.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2013
✟325.00
Faith
Christian
That is what satan tried to do. He was not successful. Just read the book and find out who actually carried out the attacks. Not God.
Satan.

And who authorized the attacks? God.
Satan was given power over Job by whom? God.
God used Satan to attack Job. He even admits this, why don't you?

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2013
✟325.00
Faith
Christian
Simply,

Satan may put accusatory thoughts in our minds, but Satan no longer has access to the throne of God. The enemy can no longer bring accusations against us before God. Satan was expelled from Heaven nearly 2000 years ago.

Things are so radically different from the days of Job. Now Christ Jesus, not Satan has access to God. Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit is our counselor and comforter for those that have invited Him into their being. New creations in Christ having been born again by the Holy Spirit. Jesus is now our intercessor and advocate seated at the right hand of God. Your comments like others before you are beating a dead horse and a broken drum. We wonder if you really understand the wonder-working power of the Good News.

All of your posts suggests that the enemy has done a job on you. So, instead of praising God you are stubbornly blaming God for something that even Job came to accept as beneficial giving him a humility he probably never forgot for the rest of his life. The bottomline is you are being negative when instead you should be ever so positive and grateful for God’s Good News.

Don't you see that as much as the enemy tries to upset God's apple cart that no matter what he does it will always backfire and in the end no matter what his schemes they eventually do more to solidify the Kingdom of God than weaken the Kingdom of God.

You keep on accusing God, while making Satan out to be just a willing accomplice. Do you realize how much Satan has you behaving like his puppet or just so much putty in his hands. Satan has you confused and dwelling on Adamic sin ... when instead you should be thanking, praising and fellowshipping with the freedom we have in Christ.

It's difficult to be happy with God when he is the one afflicting me, as he did with Job. Even if it was the enemy doing this, God is still the one calling the shots, authorizing my persecution, which effectively makes him the one responsible.

I don't think Job's kids all being killed was in any way beneficial. Are you WoF? No WoF teacher I know would dare say God kills your kids to teach you a lesson. That's religious thinking, not WoF!

Upvote 0