Why did Christine Blasey Ford lie saying she has a fear of flying?

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dude, I'm from Texas. No beans.

I feel like my Texan relatives betrayed me or something then. Time to book us on some daytime talk show about families deceiving one another.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
That's exactly how my girlfriend's friend is but she had to just learn to conquer that fear when she had brain cancer. Nowadays there are more open MRIs but they still are plenty intimidating to some folks.

Plenty of folks who are terrified of flying will fly. Sometimes not just for scary life or death things. My mom told me about how a passenger sent a thank you note to Delta for how the flight crew had gone out of their way to put her husband at peace when he flew for the 1st time. It was a huge flight. He was in his 60s, never had flown in his life. Their son was stationed in Asia & had their 1st grand baby there. He got on that plane on account of how important that was.

I used to think I was not claustrophobic until I got an MRI a few years ago in an especially small machine. I went through something that gave me post-traumatic stress and I can't help but wonder if that wasn't a factor. I had been in other MRI machines before and they never bothered me that much, even if they were loud and not pleasant.

When it comes to phobias, it really depends on how much stress a person is under.

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
She did not know that the Senate committee offered to interview her at home without the need for her to travel to Washington. There are a number of things she was not aware of.

That tells me that someone was keeping her in hiding and telling her only what they wanted her to hear. Yes, she has been manipulated.

I even began a thread here sarcastically asking if Christine Blasey Ford even existed. She was hidden from the press, gave no interviews, and made no statements to anyone. The only pictures that even existed of her was one from a high school yearbook, and the other was from her now-deleted Facebook page that could have been of anyone.

I believe she was kept in hiding and subjected to round the clock coaching by the people handling her.
That sounds like malpractice on her lawyers behalf.

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
"Ford’s fear of flying was cited as the reason she could not grant Committee chairman Chuck Grassley’s request that she travel to Washington, D.C. to testify on Sept. 17."

"'May I ask, how did you get to Washington?' Mitchell asked. Ford replied, 'In an airplane.' Mitchell went on to ask about several other trips Ford took for both work and pleasure despite her fear of flying. Ford, a California resident, shared that she flies every year to visit family in Delaware."

Source

When I was in University, I had to fly across the nation to get back home.

I despise flying, and I had a fear of flying WHILE I flew at that time. I also constantly experienced turbulence when I flew. But, getting home was more important.

When your mind has an objective it considers priority (i.e. testimony about abuse or victimization, getting back home, etc.) then your FEARS become a tertiary issue.

My friend is agorophobic, but MUST get out to buy food and maintainance. You may not have studied neurology, or you may not have a real pbobia, but people fight through their phobias all the time. It is real, and a real exercise in mental "dexterity" to try and push through what paralyzed you. That is called

Courage.

• Winner
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,029.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the link. Helps to show that Dr. Ford wasn't being dishonest. Hope that the absolutely inane line of argument can be put to rest.
So we’re still to the point where no one has actually presented any actual evidence that shows she lied.

I’m not seeing this same behavior - posting unsubstantiated claims - coming from the left.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If Ford has been manipulated and misinformed by her lawyers and Democrat handlers into having the interview delayed from Monday to later in the week due to fear of flying, then she was at least not lying but merely duped.

If she has used the fear, or at least discomfort of flying in order to further the Democrat goal of delay, then that goes to character. If she is willing to use deceit to further partisan goals in small things, then why not in big things too?
Of course it is a gauche line of questioning to go down, very politically incorrect to ever question the integrity of a woman once victimhood is claimed. All political capital is lost for anyone who dares go down that path. Only a child wondering why the emperor has no clothes on would even ever dare to ask such a question. For everyone else, it would be political and social suicide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
If Ford has been manipulated and misinformed by her lawyers and Democrat handlers into having the interview delayed from Monday to later in the week due to fear of flying, then she was at least not lying but merely duped.

If she has used the fear, or at least discomfort of flying in order to further the Democrat goal of delay, then that goes to character. If she is willing to use deceit to further partisan goals in small things, then why not in big things too?
Of course it is a gauche line of questioning to go down, very politically correct to ever question the integrity of a woman once victimhood is claimed. All political capital is lost for anyone who dares go down that path. Only a child wondering why the emperor has no clothes on would even ever dare to ask such a question. For everyone else, it would be political and social suicide.

But, you don't know either way.

The same questions you are asking about the victim are the questions most everyone wants to ascertain about the SCOTUS nominee: if he is willing to use deceit to further partisan goals in small things (like lying about his behavior in high school, or toward others), then why not big things too? And, he will have the power to affect real change.

It is not uncommon for politicians to have victims come out years later against them, especially if they see the object of their subjugation in positions of power.

Former Allen ISD boss, accused of bullying, retires from Katy schools with 2 years' pay: $774,000 | Texas | Dallas News

https://communityimpact.com/houston...controversy-allegations-surrounding-district/

Hindt is just one example; he initially lied about "old school" bullying tactics (swirlies) and then he had to apologize when it came out. He is the superintendent of a school district; a bully in charge of an entire system is the nightmare of a victim who fears the perpetuity of such activity.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
But, you don't know either way.

The same questions you are asking about the victim are the questions most everyone wants to ascertain about the SCOTUS nominee: if he is willing to use deceit to further partisan goals in small things (like lying about his behavior in high school, or toward others), then why not big things too? And, he will have the power to affect real change.

It is not uncommon for politicians to have victims come out years later against them, especially if they see the object of their subjugation in positions of power.

Your generalizations about what is not uncommon about politicians in no way addresses anything about the character of Kavanagh. Showing the deceit of one man does not tell us anything at all about the lack of honesty of another man.

Because some men rape, it is an illogical fallacy to presume that any, or every man is a rapist. Saying all men are rapists is as sexist as saying that any woman who is not a saint is a sl**.

It is so small minded and silly and trivial to go through a high school year book as if that says anything important about anybody at all, some fifty years and a life time of pristine law work later.

We ought to be better than that.

At least this thread speaks to what Ford's current actions and behaviors that are happening now in real time potentially tell us about her character now. That is useful information.

Kavanagh graduated from high school. Maybe it is about time that his detractors might grow up a little too, and can it with the high school clique building.

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think there are going to be A LOT of hidden secrets about her that are going to be brought out into the light of day now that the Democrats have initiated an FBI investigation that is also going to shine a probing light on HER. He has been through six (6) of these, and nothing was found. Such is not the case with her past. Very possibly a "biggly" miscalculation on their part.

Maybe they shouldn’t appoint her to the Supreme Court then...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Your generalizations about what is not uncommon about politicians in no way addresses anything about the character of Kavanagh. Showing the deceit of one man does not tell us anything at all about the lack of honesty of another man.

Because some men rape, it is an illogical fallacy to presume that any, or every man is a rapist. Saying all men are rapists is as sexist as saying that any woman who is not a saint is a sl**.

It is so small minded and silly and trivial to go through a high school year book as if that says anything important about anybody at all, some fifty years and a life time of pristine law work later.

We ought to be better than that.

At least this thread speaks to what Ford's current actions and behaviors that are happening now in real time potentially tell us about her character now. That is useful information.

Kavanagh graduated from high school. Maybe it is about time that his detractors might grow up a little too, and can it with the high school clique building.

I'm not arguing with you, if you want to play that game then unfortunately you have the wrong one.

It is very clear how rhetoric is used to distract from a gross error in morality and ethics. I am not forsaking my common sense, experience and insight because you don't want to be exposed, or because you think my ways of thinking are asinine.

Are you going to change your thinking based on my previous reply to you? I expect not. So, appeals to the ego are fruitless. Say what you mean without hiding behind double speak and linguistic gymnastics.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe they shouldn’t appoint her to the Supreme Court then...?

Exactly. This was a job interview for Kavanaugh, not a trial of Ford. He handled that job interview terribly. He lost composure right off the bat. Gave idiotic conspiracy theories, ranted. He's supposed to be someone who can interpret the Constitution accurately & couldn't factually explain his own yearbook entries.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I'm not arguing with you, if you want to play that game then unfortunately you have the wrong one.

It is very clear how rhetoric is used to distract from a gross error in morality and ethics. I am not forsaking my common sense, experience and insight because you don't want to be exposed, or because you think my ways of thinking are asinine.

Are you going to change your thinking based on my previous reply to you? I expect not. So, appeals to the ego are fruitless. Say what you mean without hiding behind double speak and linguistic gymnastics.
Bye

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The point was proven in her testimony, in her own words, that she has no fear of flying great enough to keep her from flying all over the world to visit family, go on vacations, enact business, etc. The only thing it seems it was able to do was keep her from taking a trip to testify.

So, the committee obliged her, and said they would come to her. But, she rejected that, and (yet another week's delay later) went ahead and took one of her customary flights to the East Coast. (Might not be able to appear naïve and confused on TV if not in DC) Not to mention that the committee coming out CA would have speeded things up some... too much.... an absolutely devastating thought. That continuing delay is of primary importance.
That's exactly it.

Democrat leaders aren't fooling anyone but themselves and the handful of "never trump" Republicans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So we’re still to the point where no one has actually presented any actual evidence that shows she lied.
I provided evidence in post #6. But here it is again:

"Ford’s fear of flying was cited as the reason she could not grant Committee chairman Chuck Grassley’s request that she travel to Washington, D.C. to testify on Sept. 17."

"'May I ask, how did you get to Washington?' Mitchell asked. Ford replied, 'In an airplane.' Mitchell went on to ask about several other trips Ford took for both work and pleasure despite her fear of flying. Ford, a California resident, shared that she flies every year to visit family in Delaware." Source

What do you think the press would say if President Trump said he has a fear of flying?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not nonsense at all. She said she had a fear of flying and was attempting to delay the hearing. So, the committee said, "Hey, we'll come to you in California!" then at the hearing, she played dumb. "Oh, I didn't know you would come out to me." Stall tactics. The fact that she, and her lawyers, were playing along with the Democrats to stall should really make everyone question how much of this is part of their playbook. It's yet another part of this that doesn't add up.
Bingo!

• Agree
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think the press would say if President Trump said he has a fear of flying?

I'm surprised Trump hasn't said something like that since he tends to lie about most everything he says anyway. BTW, I'm somewhat of a Trump supporter, though from a post like this it may not seem like it. I just call it the way I see it I guess.

Upvote 0