why did adolf hitler, feel really strong desire to kill all the jews in the world?

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Ant-Semitism, the notion that Jews are racial degenerates because they are "Semites" rather than "Aryans", didn't emerge until the 19th Century.

Oh, please, it does not require any concept of 'race' for Anti-Semitism to exist.

"I had made up my mind to write no more either about the Jews or against them. But since I learned that these miserable and accursed people do not cease to lure to themselves even us, that is, the Christians, I have published this little book, so that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews who warned the Christians to be on their guard against them. I would not have believed that a Christian could be duped by the Jews into taking their exile and wretchedness upon himself. However, the devil is the god of the world, and wherever God's word is absent he has an easy task, not only with the weak but also with the strong. May God help us. Amen."

"Therefore be on your guard against the Jews, knowing that wherever they have their synagogues, nothing is found but a den of devils in which sheer self-glory, conceit, lies, blasphemy, and defaming of God and men are practiced most maliciously and veheming his eyes on them."

"Over and above that we let them get rich on our sweat and blood, while we remain poor and they suck the marrow from our bones."

Martin Luther, "On the Jews and Their Lies" (1543)

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yep thank you! Lots of people say otherwise but I seen no reason that religion had anything to do with what he did.

Your leaving out thats usually in response to something like acusing atheism or evolution for world war 2, in wich they simply point out they are A) false, and B) irelevent, what ever Hitler believed, he used religion because it was effective to rally the troops.

Like most leaders they use what works for their base, look at the US republicans, and to a extent democrats will use anything that ralies their base, even if by their actions, it's obvious they don't believe most of it.

And I do have concern about just dismissing him as being a psychopath, because it ignores reasons that might drive someone else to do such things. Being a psycho might effect what he does, but WHY is just as important.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ant-Semitism, the notion that Jews are racial degenerates because they are "Semites" rather than "Aryans", didn't emerge until the 19th Century.

No but the idea that they were jesus killers, unfit, haters of god and such goes far back. Just look at the writings of many of the church leaders like martin luther that if we saw them today we would rightfully call them out on their hatred, and these are many of the most looked up to Christian fathers.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
why did adolf hitler, feel really strong desire to kill all the jews in the world?

Well, that was the Final Solution. At first, when it started to get fanatical, the objective was to drive them out of Germany.

Hitler was first and foremost a nationalist. He wanted to restore Germans to a former glory and felt that the Jews had taken too much of what was he saw as theirs.

What became of an otherwise typical nationalist movement turned into the philosophy of a madman. By then, it was too late in people realizing what lied beneath- the events leading to the Holocaust was set to autopilot.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,401.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Hitler wanted to appeal to Germans to worship themselves and used the disappointment of the defeat of WW1 and the absence of Christ and his third reign to persuade them. Jews and Christians were a problem people to him because, we have conscience high up in our priorities and psychopaths hate that. And Germans were mostly Catholic or Lutheran, and hoped in Christ and waited for the second coming. This hope came from the Jews. Promising in Revelation that the top positions would go to 144,000 from the Hebrews.

There in Revelation is the idea that Jews and Christians are brother brother and would rule with Christ 1000 years. The Bible was an obstacle to German race supremacy and self worship with great extreme fanaticism. Hitler had a gross perverse love for German flesh and wanted Germany to dominate France, England and Africa... for increasing numbers. Telling the Italians who called them comrades, "You call us comrades now, tomorrow you will call us master."

I think if Germany had a lot of money, they would have sent them to Israel.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

There are no easy answers here.

It's a combination of many factors, I'ld think.
A thirst for power, frustration of losing WW1, requiring a scapegoat to blame for all problems,...

You know... good ol' populistic, nationalistic bigotry.

The jews were just an easy victim. And on top of it, they had money, so killing them and seizing their property was a lucrative business as well. In those days, nobody "liked" jews very much. The Nazi's also had the help of some 2000 years of prosecution of jews by the larger christian culture in the west. So rallying the people and unify them against the jews was rather easy.

We see the same pattern today in islamophobic populism. It's rather easy today, to talk thrash about "them muslims!!", especially when most people don't know much about islam or muslims and barely have any contact with them. To many uninformed people out there (which I submit, isn't really a minority in the west), the word "muslim" is kind of synonymous with "terrorist".

For those who seek power, it is rather easy to gain power by making clever use of that, to rally people behind them. It's exactly what people like Trump, Le Pen, Wilders, etc do.

Thank goodness, today there are a LOT of social safety checks and pressures, making it a lot less likely that another crazy guy could engage in another holocaust-like event of "industrial genocide".

In the days of Nazi Germany, it actually also took quite some time before the rest of the world fully grasped what they were actually doing. In today's connected world, it simply couldn't happen. Word would get out instantly and all hell would break loose immediatly.

It would effectively be political (and probably physical) suicide.

EDIT: ow goody... I got tricked by a thread necromancer once again.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
In 1943 or 1944, the army got a top notch psychiatrist from Stanford I believe and they commissioned him to do a psychological analysis of Hitler, based on all the known information about the man. They did this, to try and predict how Hitler would respond and the dude nailed the fact that Hitler would never surrender and he would kill himself.

I believe he labled him a neurotic psychopath.

OSS Psychological Profile of Hitler, Part Five

I would've guessed narcissistic personality disorder...along with psychopathy.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Muslim nations in the Middle East also perpetuated anti-Semitism historically, just as much as the European Christians did.
That is somewhat of a misnomer since the Arabs that make up Mideastern Islamics are also Semites. Anti-semitism would go against themselves as well.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,154,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think he was a megalomaniac sadomasochist. Perhaps an expression of borderline personality disorder.

He was certainly capable of empathy/compassion (also can be a form of sadomasochism). There was a doctor who helped tend to his dying mother for free who was Jewish. When Hitler came into power and started persecuting Jews, he made sure that the SS didn't terrorize him and actually helped him emigrate out of the country. There were also people within his inner circle who were later discovered to be Jewish, and he decided to shield them and declare them "honorary Aryans".

He was also a man who was greatly taken in by art, and someone who Mussolini complained was too sentimental. He was said to be a very good soldier who offered help and aid for his comrades. But was also disliked by some of his soldiers for being too fanatic about the cause. He also seemed to derive some spiritual mysticism from the blood, guts and brutality of war.

And sadly empathy can also be expressed under dark impulses. Seems like he took the lost of WW1 very badly, and was bitter about the German blood that was spilled for nothing. The Jews were a scapegoat for this at the time, and it seems like he took on this sentiment wholeheartedly. Just like a loving mother might beat to death an intruder who tries to harm his baby, he probably had a similar attitude towards people who threatened his German people (real or imagined).

I remember watching a documentary where Hitler said something along the lines (regarding the holocaust but not specifically mentioning it) that the way they were treating the Jews was unbelievably human and compassionate and that he was actually exercising great restraint.

It's interesting to compare Hitler to someone like Stalin who probably lacked empathy for the most part and most likely a sociopath.

Upvote 0

Blackmarch

Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Utah, USA
✟32,616.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

Germany was in shambles because of debt and war reparations... There were quite few jews in prominent banking and financial organizations that had influence, which lead to the assumption that they take the money and screw the economy. I still come across thissentiment from time to time... But something like that could have provided a seed for him to fixate on (and if not him then those around him who influenced him).

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,580.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oh, please, it does not require any concept of 'race' for Anti-Semitism to exist.

"I had made up my mind to write no more either about the Jews or against them. But since I learned that these miserable and accursed people do not cease to lure to themselves even us, that is, the Christians, I have published this little book, so that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews who warned the Christians to be on their guard against them. I would not have believed that a Christian could be duped by the Jews into taking their exile and wretchedness upon himself. However, the devil is the god of the world, and wherever God's word is absent he has an easy task, not only with the weak but also with the strong. May God help us. Amen."

"Therefore be on your guard against the Jews, knowing that wherever they have their synagogues, nothing is found but a den of devils in which sheer self-glory, conceit, lies, blasphemy, and defaming of God and men are practiced most maliciously and veheming his eyes on them."

"Over and above that we let them get rich on our sweat and blood, while we remain poor and they suck the marrow from our bones."

Martin Luther, "On the Jews and Their Lies" (1543)

Yet earlier ML said some rather complimentary things about the Jews. This only came late in his life after his abject failure to convert them. How horrible that the Jews were loyal to their God!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Yet earlier ML said some rather complimentary things about the Jews. This only came late in his life after his abject failure to convert them...

Luther later in life was dealing with intense stresses, both physical and psychological. Popular highschool history of the Reformation doesn't do that justice.

• Prayers
Upvote 0