Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
why cant i understand that there is only Jesus that can save me i have OCD religious OCD and other mental health problems including voices (its not demons or spirits) i have never felt the love of the holy spirit , i have never felt the love for Jesus i was born to a catholic church my mothers family are all Catholics they where abusive in my childhood including a priest after i got away from the catholic church and got a place of my own i felt a bit more freedom but i moved away from the catholic church started looking into paganism then i met my husband we where happy but then i started going in the loop from going from one faith to another Islam and Buddhism , Christian , Hinduism christian again Islam then my step dad killed himself and them from then i kept looping over and over then i meet my pastor who is a mental health chaplin and he helped for a few years and the places i was going online where appealing went back a forth again but then things where locked by my husband so i would be safe and stay christian this was going well then i managed to find a loophole an app i could get back to the forums that was unsafe and not christian my husband managed to get the app blocked just a an hour ago for some reason i dont feel like i should as a christian this affecting my marriage and my husband is also christian and one reason he became christian was the fact that i asked him years before to become christian and he love our church and the people there i no longer have my family i have my friends who are more of a family than my own and for some reason i want to give this up i want to feel Jesus love for me to be christian but i cant felt it i have been trying to stay christian and not go to other faiths

i think am going to hell i think am evil

Thee Librarian

Jan 25, 2018
Chicago
✟16,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
why cant i understand that there is only Jesus that can save me i have OCD religious OCD and other mental health problems including voices (its not demons or spirits) i have never felt the love of the holy spirit , i have never felt the love for Jesus i was born to a catholic church my mothers family are all Catholics they where abusive in my childhood including a priest after i got away from the catholic church and got a place of my own i felt a bit more freedom but i moved away from the catholic church started looking into paganism then i met my husband we where happy but then i started going in the loop from going from one faith to another Islam and Buddhism , Christian , Hinduism christian again Islam then my step dad killed himself and them from then i kept looping over and over then i meet my pastor who is a mental health chaplin and he helped for a few years and the places i was going online where appealing went back a forth again but then things where locked by my husband so i would be safe and stay christian this was going well then i managed to find a loophole an app i could get back to the forums that was unsafe and not christian my husband managed to get the app blocked just a an hour ago for some reason i dont feel like i should as a christian this affecting my marriage and my husband is also christian and one reason he became christian was the fact that i asked him years before to become christian and he love our church and the people there i no longer have my family i have my friends who are more of a family than my own and for some reason i want to give this up i want to feel Jesus love for me to be christian but i cant felt it i have been trying to stay christian and not go to other faiths

The love of God is one of action. God DID sent His only son to die for us. It is this action on God's part that shows his love, for us. We do not live in Paradise and God does not walk beside us here. We live seperated from God in this life. Still, as bad as that situation is for us humans, while we are still sinners, God sent His son to die for our transgressions. So you will not "feel" God's love here on earth, but you can appreciate Him sending His Son to die for our souls. Praise God!

• Agree
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh don't say you are going to Hell. You know, you can pray to God in the name of Jesus and ask Him to fill you so much that you know that you know that He is in you.n He loves you that much. Pray the Lord' prayer earnestly.
Matt. 6:9...Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i have never felt the love for Jesus
The Bible does say, "the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (in Romans 5:5) So, I do understand that God does share His own love with us, and we do experience this.

Yes, love has actions, and in us we experience how the love is, which has us doing our actions. There can be possessive love which can with it bring troubling feelings and emotions and jealousy and unforgiveness. And God's love is like Jesus > "gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls" (in Matthew 11:28-30) while we do the actions of Jesus in us.

And God's love has almighty action of driving fear out >

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18)

So, as much as God's love gets rid of fear and keeps us in peace, we do experience this and feel how this is.

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

So, I offer how God's love is quiet and gentle. So, you possibly have indeed experienced God's love at times when He has quieted you down. But there are so many things which are unquiet and these attack us and degrade us from enjoying quiet rest with God. So, it is good to get wise to what is not the "gentle and quiet spirit" of God's love, and trust God to get rid of these troubling and tormenting and dominating things, and keep us in His peace.

And do not trust what you are thinking and feeling while you are troubled; but trust God to settle and quiet you, first.

This comes with trusting in Jesus and His faith; various religious groups do not have this; so it is wise to keep with Christian faith so we share with Jesus in His peace and how He has us loving, in what our Apostle Paul calls "faith working through love", in Galatians 5:6.

i was born to a catholic church my mothers family are all Catholics they where abusive in my childhood including a priest
It can help to forgive those people, and do not allow wrong and evil people to have power over us to determine how we are. But trust how Jesus can change us to share with Him in His goodness of God's love (Ephesians 3:19). And this, by the way, comes with growing and maturing with real deep correction of our own selves.

So, guilt and shame and criticizing ourselves is not getting real correction < these can be a trick to keep us from getting real correction. Also, there are dominating lusts and drives for pleasure > these can not give us peace; only the Holy Spirit can make us deeply content and safe.

i meet my pastor who is a mental health chaplin and he helped for a few years
God does use people to help us.

my husband managed to get the app blocked just a an hour ago
He sounds like a good husband. How he makes you feel could be how God's love is effecting you through him.

And his effort to help you get correction is included in how God loves us. So, yes you are being helped and loved by God. And you have us, now. Thank You, God our Father, for how you have us loving and helping one another as Your Jesus family.

i dont feel like i should as a christian this affecting my marriage and my husband is also christian and one reason he became christian was the fact that i asked him years before to become christian and he love our church and the people there i no longer have my family i have my friends who are more of a family than my own and for some reason i want to give this up
Yes > even secret sinning can keep you from doing as well as you could in your marriage. In my case, I might sneak my eyes to look over women, and I might not get caught, but by doing that I am getting away from God's love, and then later I can miss out on how well I could be attentive to and sharing with my lady friend. So, even secret stuff in us has to go.

I need to be praying all the time, to be ready to be loving. And while I am doing this, it turns out that there is much better loving with different people. Things work differently; God has things working with how He knows I am being and living, for loving and caring.

i want to feel Jesus love for me to be christian but i cant felt it
My opinion is you have experienced God's love . . . through people who love and care for you and somehow encourage you.

i have been trying to stay christian and not go to other faiths

Trust God to change whatever you know is really wrong. But pay attention to what is really evil. We can pick out certain things and make a thing out of it, as a trick to keep our attention away from what we really need to get corrected.

Anyway, in case you read this, Lily, it is good to see you and God bless you and your husband. I like him, from the sound of what you have said about him :)

• Agree
Reactions: billyyank
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
i feel like am forced to believe sometimes by my family and my husband and friends
maybe they will leave me maybe they will hate me
The good thing is nobody can force Lord Jesus on you. If you don't want Him, He will not force you. But, He does want you and He will woo you like a lover. He wants you to come to Him of your own free will.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
am scared all the time that ill go to hell am scared to be on my own and in someway am scared of God
i want to feel safe and with love but i hate myself the self hate make everything so negative sometimes i dont think anyone wants to love me and there has been times where i think my husband hates me because i stress him out 11 years married i think he will find someone else because am worthless

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
talked to my pastor today he is supportive and understanding
i want to believe in jesus i do but am finding at the moment i feel confused voices and thoughts

sorry i said what i said

• Prayers
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
i want to believe in jesus

Then do it Lily, just do it, and not for your husband, your family or anyone else, do it for yourself. No one else can cause you to be a Christian, only you, by believing in Jesus, His Gospel and repenting, can cause you to become a Christian.

What must I do to be saved?

1) Realize that you’re are a sinner. (Romans 3:23, 5:12; 1 John 1:10)

2) Change your mind about Jesus (repent).
  • Jesus said: “…unless you repent (have a change of mind that results in a change of action), you will all perish and be lost eternally. (Luke 13:5)
  • …now God charges all people everywhere to repent. (Acts 17:30)
3) Believe the Gospel, that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead.
  • We are made right in God’s sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in the same way, no matter who we are or what we have done. For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God’s anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed His blood, sacrificing His Life for us. (Romans 3:22, 25)
  • For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
4) Go to God in prayer, confessing Jesus as Lord and your need for forgiveness of your sins. Give your life to Jesus, making Him the Lord of your life.
  • For it is believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. (Romans 10:10)
  • For anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.(Romans 10:13)

• Agree
Reactions: worshipjunkie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
why cant i understand that there is only Jesus that can save me i have OCD religious OCD and other mental health problems including voices (its not demons or spirits) i think am going to hell i think am evil

Are you receiving professional help for your OCD? I have OCD and bipolar disorder myself so can relate and in general am quite stable emotionally without tormenting and obsessive thoughts. Medication and cognitive behavioral therapy can do wonders. I am quite concerned about your condition.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i feel like am forced to believe sometimes by my family and my husband and friends
maybe they will leave me maybe they will hate me
Prayer will be powerful for you. Pray in private where no one is watching or knows you are praying. Work on the relationship between you and God.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
am scared all the time that ill go to hell am scared to be on my own and in someway am scared of God
i want to feel safe and with love but i hate myself the self hate make everything so negative sometimes i dont think anyone wants to love me and there has been times where i think my husband hates me because i stress him out 11 years married i think he will find someone else because am worthless
Maybe you have a hard time believing God loves you because you find it hard to love yourself or think you are loveable.

But God's ways are ABOVE our ways. God is love. We are ALL worthy of God's free gift of His love and salvation. No matter how you feel or think about yourself.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
yes i am i get medication for it but it dont always helps
Have you talked to whomever perscribes your medication and told them that you are still having all these issues with hearing voices and the religious OCD?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
why cant i understand that there is only Jesus that can save me

It seems you do understand.

i have OCD religious OCD and other mental health problems including voices (its not demons or spirits)

Well, God can certainly remedy these problems for you. Really, He is Himself the cure for what ails you.

i have never felt the love of the holy spirit ,

God's love is not primarily a feeling but an action chosen in the mind and will. Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. The passage describes God's love and not once is a feeling included in the description. The heart of godly love isn't a feeling but the sacrifice of one's self for the good of another.

John 15:12-13
12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.

i have never felt the love for Jesus

God doesn't require us to feel love for Him. He tells us in His word that if we love Him, we will express that love in obeying Him. This is how God wants us to love Him.

John 15:10
10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

1 John 2:5
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.

John 14:15
15 If you love me, keep my commandments.

It may take some time, but as you love God by obeying Him, feelings of affection for Him, of love, will begin to grow. But they are the effect of loving God, not the means of loving Him. Don't get this mixed up!

the places i was going online where appealing went back a forth again but then things where locked by my husband so i would be safe and stay christian this was going well then i managed to find a loophole an app i could get back to the forums that was unsafe and not christian

My dear, you have not yet met with God. When you do, you won't have any desire to chase after false religions, the devilish counterfeits of the one, true religion: Christianity. God says that when from the heart a person trusts in Christ as their Saviour and Lord, He comes to live inside of them by His Spirit. And when this happens, one knows it has. There is nothing more satisfying, more fulfilling than knowing God personally. And knowing Him will make all the false religions you've been dabbling in empty, dark and uninteresting.

We are all of us evil. It's what God says about every human being on the planet.

Romans 3:23
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

And this is why we need Jesus. Our sin divides us from God, it has created a great chasm between us and our holy Creator.

Isaiah 59:2
2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

But, God has bridged the gap through Jesus. Through Christ, we can be reconciled to God.

John 14:6
6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Colossians 1:19-22
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him (Jesus) all the fullness should dwell,
20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him (Jesus), whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He (Jesus) has reconciled
22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight--

It is by trusting in Jesus as one's Saviour and Lord that one is saved and made a born-again child of God.

Romans 10:9-13
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.
13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Have you trusted in Jesus as your Saviour? Have you acknowledged your sinfulness to God and determined, by God's grace, to turn from it? Have you humbled yourself under God's mighty hand moment-by-moment every day? These are the means to walking in joyful fellowship with God.

• Agree
Reactions: worshipjunkie
Upvote 0

UnprofitableServant

ThyWillBeDone
Dec 10, 2018
Hollywood
✟44,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If you want to feel the Holy spirit, then you must trust in it. Whatever it tells you to do, trust in it and do it.

If you want to feel God's love, then you must abide in Jesus' words.

John 15:9-10, "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love."
Follow Jesus, and you will never be led astray. He cares for you like a Shepherd does His sheep. You are the sheep, and He is the loving Shepherd.

In peace

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
why cant i understand that there is only Jesus that can save me i have OCD religious OCD and other mental health problems including voices (its not demons or spirits) i have never felt the love of the holy spirit , i have never felt the love for Jesus i was

i think am going to hell i think am evil[/QUOTE]

If you think you are evil and if the love of God is not in you then you need to consider a few things. John 3:16 - We all know this verse. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten so that whosoever (whosoever means YOU!) believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. This is followed by John 3:17 - For God did NOT send His son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him may be saved. One of my favorites is Romans 5:8, God demonstrates His love for us by this, while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. Do you know about God or do you know God? There is a big difference and it is life changing. God is not interested in what denomination we belong to or whether we are Catholic or Protestant or Orthodox, He only is interested in do we know Him and by reflection does He know us. If you have not done so, repent of your sins, ask God to indwell you with His Holy Spirit. Light cannot dwell with darkness nor can darkness with light. If you repent and ask the Light of God to be in you then evil cannot co-exist. It is also not just about feeling, although you can feel God's love as you yield to Him, there is no doubt about it. So contemplate and ask yourself have you ever become a Child of God, not in your church but in your life, in your self. Do you know Him? Do you want His will and His plan only for your life. Revelation 3:20 says of Jesus - Behold (look here) I stand at the door (of your heart or life) and knock; if any man hears my voice and open the door I will come in to him, and sup with him, and he with me. In other words he will dwell within you. He will share his love, mercy and grace. Accept it and be free. John 8:36, He who the son sets free will be free indeed. Free of all your baggage. You can look to physicians for your health but Jesus alone can free and save your soul.

Upvote 0