• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Why Can't I Drink Blood?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by HARK!, Mar 16, 2020.

1. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,560
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I'm sorry. I don't understand. Your phrasing is ambiguous. Could you rephrase the question?

2. CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady Well-Known Member Supporter

+642
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    When you know the answer, it is not ambiguous at all.

Let's put it this way. Why did the Old Covenant laws need to be replaced by New Covenant laws?

3. Religiot

Religiot Active Member

+144
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Right, brother, that's exactly what I'm saying: do not drink blood!

4. HARK!

+1,560
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I'm not completely clear on the bigger picture (which I won't get into here) either. However, i hope this will be sufficient to demonstrate why I had reservations about answering your question.

Edit: I asked the Mods to put this post back into the correct forum. CF glitch.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  5. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+6,513
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others

2 Kings 6:28

And the king asked her, “What is your trouble?” She answered, “This woman said to me, ‘Give your son, that we may eat him today, and we will eat my son tomorrow.’

Lamentations 4:10
    The hands of compassionate women have boiled their own children; they became their food during the destruction of the daughter of my people.

Ezekiel 5:10
    Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in your midst, and sons shall eat their fathers. And I will execute judgments on you, and any of you who survive I will scatter to all the winds.

Isaiah 9:20-21
    They slice meat on the right, but are still hungry, and they devour on the left, but are not satisfied; each devours the flesh of his own arm, Manasseh devours Ephraim, and Ephraim devours Manasseh; together they are against Judah. For all this his anger has not turned away, and his hand is stretched out still.

Deuteronomy 28:53-57
    And you shall eat the fruit of your womb, the flesh of your sons and daughters, whom the Lord your God has given you, in the siege and in the distress with which your enemies shall distress you. The man who is the most tender and refined among you will begrudge food to his brother, to the wife he embraces, and to the last of the children whom he has left, so that he will not give to any of them any of the flesh of his children whom he is eating, because he has nothing else left, in the siege and in the distress with which your enemy shall distress you in all your towns. The most tender and refined woman among you, who would not venture to set the sole of her foot on the ground because she is so delicate and tender, will begrudge to the husband she embraces, to her son and to her daughter, her afterbirth that comes out from between her feet and her children whom she bears, because lacking everything she will eat them secretly, in the siege and in the distress with which your enemy shall distress you in your towns.

Leviticus 26:29
    You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters.

Communion is among the tamest of the strange.

6. CharismaticLady

+642
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    I just want to know if your first post meant we are to only eat herbs?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  7. HARK!

+1,560
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    They weren't replaced.

I believe that you are referring to this verse:

(CLV) Hb 7:12
    For, the priesthood being transferred, of necessity there is coming to be a transference of law also,

Strong's G3346
    to transpose (two things, one of which is put in place of the other)
    to transfer
    G3346 - metatithēmi - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV)

8. CharismaticLady

+642
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    God is NOT saying to be cannibals. Is that what you think?

9. CharismaticLady

+642
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    They are similar, but the Old are only skimming the surface, while the real iniquity still abides deep within called sin. The New goes much deeper and cleanses us through and through of all desire to sin. They are similar because they are both based on the eternal laws of God.

10. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+6,513
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    God is saying not to be cannibals?

11. CharismaticLady

+642
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    Those verses are about judgement because they did not follow His word. Their punishment would be so extreme that they would have to eat their own children to survive.

12. HARK!

+1,560
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I follow Yahshua. Messianics have a wide range of beliefs. I don't like to label myself as anything but of Yahudim, of Israel, or Notsri; but those options don't exist on this site. My beliefs align most closely with the Messianics, depending on which Messianic you talk to. If you want to label me a Messianic; I'm OK with that. These are who I can most closely fellowship with.

Messianic believe that the Torah is just as important and valid to us; as Yahshua and his apostles did.

13. HARK!

+1,560
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

In light that you believe that YHWH's laws are eternal; I don't see any major difference between YHWH's people now, and Abraham; except that Yahshua's sacrifice takes away sin. The Levitical sacrifices covered sin, but didn't take the sin away.

14. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,201
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Why would you want to tho

15. HARK!

+1,560
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I wouldn't, anymore than I would want to eat pork.

16. Religiot

Religiot Active Member

+144
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    A little speechless... ...good job...

17. Dkh587

Dkh587 David דויד Supporter

+1,297
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    They’re not replaced - they’re written on the heart Jeremiah 31:31-33 instead of being written on stone

18. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,885
    Anabaptist
    "Whoever says he loves God, but (willfully, selfishly, idolatrously) transgresses, the truth is not in him."
    "There is no LIGHT in him at all" (only darkness)

19. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,885
    Anabaptist
    /// what is good about doing ongoing deception ?

20. HARK!

+1,560
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Interesting perspective. What I gathered out of that verse was that the laws concerning the High Priesthood were transferred to Yahshua.

(CLV) Hb 7:12
    For, the priesthood being transferred, of necessity there is coming to be a transference of law also,

Strong's G3346
    to transpose (two things, one of which is put in place of the other)
    to transfer
    G3346 - metatithēmi - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV)