Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality."
Acts 21:25

That means for us - not to eat halal meat (sacrificed to Allah), not to eat blood and to sexually keep ourselves. The meat of strangled animals is not probably an issue today.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yahshua said:

(CLV) Mk 7:15
Nothing is there outside of a man, going into him, which can contaminate him, but those things going out of a man are what is contaminating the man.

(CLV) Mk 7:17
And when He entered into the house from the throng, His disciples inquired of Him concerning the parable.

(CLV) Mk 7:18
And He is saying to them, "Are you, also, thus unintelligent? Not yet are you apprehending that everything from the outside, that is going into a man, can not contaminate him,

(CLV) Mk 7:19
for it is not going into his heart, but into the bowels, and is going out into the latrine cleansing all foods?"

But then Ya'akov (James) says:

(CLV) Ac 15:20
but to write an epistle to them to be abstaining from ceremonial pollution with idols, and prostitution, and what is strangled, and blood.
It is a respect for LIFE.

LIFE is in the BLOOD ...

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Through Yeshua...

(CLV) Jn 14:16
"And I shall be asking the Father, and He will be giving you another consoler, that it, indeed, may be with you for the eon—

(CLV) Jn 14:26
Now the consoler, the holy spirit, which the Father will be sending in My name, that will be teaching you all, and reminding you of all that I said to you.

(CLV) Mt 1:21
Now she shall be bringing forth a Son, and you shall be calling His name Yahshua, for He' (Yah) shall be saving (shua) His people from their sins."

CLV) Jn 5:43
I have come in the name of My Father, and you are not getting Me. If another should be coming in his own name, him you will get.

YesheYahu (Isa) 43:
11 I, even I, am YHWH; and beside Me there is no savior.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,116.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(CLV) Jn 14:16
"And I shall be asking the Father, and He will be giving you another consoler, that it, indeed, may be with you for the eon—

(CLV) Jn 14:26
Now the consoler, the holy spirit, which the Father will be sending in My name, that will be teaching you all, and reminding you of all that I said to you.

(CLV) Mt 1:21
Now she shall be bringing forth a Son, and you shall be calling His name Yahshua, for He' (Yah) shall be saving (shua) His people from their sins."

CLV) Jn 5:43
I have come in the name of My Father, and you are not getting Me. If another should be coming in his own name, him you will get.

YesheYahu (Isa) 43:
11 I, even I, am YHWH; and beside Me there is no savior.
From God, through Yeshua to us....as you quoted from John 14:26..."But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name..

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That got me to thinking...

(CLV) 2Ki 6:29
So we cooked my son and ate him. Then I said to her on the next day, Give up your son, and we shall eat him. But she hid her son.

Since all food is now clean; we're wasting valuable resources at the graveyard.
"All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So, are you trying to say only Jews can be saved?

Those aren't my words. those are Yahshua's. It appears that anyone who is in Yahshua is of Israel. There are two different versions of who YHWH will make the new covenant with. One says that he will make it with Judah and Israel. The other says just Israel. I don't believe this is a mistake, house divided and all that....

I believe that we are all one in Yahshua, that there is only one house, Israel; and that The house of Judah may accept the invitation to be of the house of Israel through Messiah.

Yahshua rebuked those who claimed to be of the physical seed of Abraham, and called them children of Ha'Satan. Abraham was not a Jew.

Many Egyptians made covenant with YHWH through Moses.

This is spiritual. It always was.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
John 14:26...the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in my name...

Yah (hyphenated poetic representation of YHWH) Shua (Saves)

Yahshua came in his fathers name.

Mt 1:21
Now she shall be bringing forth a Son, and you shall be calling His name Yahshua, for He' (YAH) shall be saving (SHUA) His people from their sins."

Upvote 0

Non-profit Prophet

Dec 30, 2019
Southeastern
✟19,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't want to go there either; but why wouldn't drinking blood be covered by grace along with everything else?

“...everything else...” ?! Do you think murder, stealing, incest, and such should all be under grace since those were all presented as the Law in the OT?

We can be forgiven for those sins, but just because grace will allow us to be forgiven, should we still think it’s all right to do them?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
“...everything else...” ?! Do you think murder, stealing, incest, and such should all be under grace since those were all presented as the Law in the OT?

No; but once one comes to faith, and turns from wickedness; they are.

That's how strong our Father's love is for us. My answer demonstrates how I still fall far short of his love. I have yet to begin to understand the depths of his righteousness.

We can be forgiven for those sins, but just because grace will allow us to be forgiven, should we still think it’s all right to do them?

Emphatically NO! Once you come to faith, The Ruach Ha'Kodesh should be working in you. You should be a new person. The love of the Father should keep you from such things. To continue in such behavior is to trample Yahshua's sacrifice. As with Abraham; our faith should call us to obedience to YHWH. Through our obedience to his Torah, our faith is perfected. As Yahshua set the example that we are to lay down our lives as living sacrifices to our Heavenly Father; we are called to follow our Messiah's example.

Upvote 0

Non-profit Prophet

Dec 30, 2019
Southeastern
✟19,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No; but once one comes to faith, and turns from wickedness; they are.

That's how strong our Father's love is for us. My answer demonstrates how I still fall far short of his love. I have yet to begin to understand the depths of his righteousness.

Emphatically NO! Once you come to faith, The Ruach Ha'Kodesh should be working in you. You should be a new person. The love of the Father should keep you from such things. To continue in such behavior is to trample Yahshua's sacrifice. As with Abraham; our faith should call us to obedience to YHWH. Through our obedience to his Torah, our faith is perfected. As Yahshua set the example that we are to lay down our lives as living sacrifices to our Heavenly Father; we are called to follow our Messiah's example.

So your question wasn’t about whether you really wanted to drink blood, but how others would respond to a bizarre question, giving you the fuel to start a debate between the law and grace, just so you could present your final statement. I don’t disagree with that statement; however, how you got to it was a bit manipulative. On the other hand, making it sound like you wanted to drink blood kinda revealed a bit of your dark side... I’m sure there were other things beside drinking blood that you could’ve asked about to make your point. I suppose we all have a little darkness show through once in a while....

Shalom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So your question wasn’t about whether you really wanted to drink blood, but how others would respond to a bizarre question, giving you the fuel to start a debate between the law and grace, just so you could present your final statement. I don’t disagree with that statement; however, how you got to it was a bit manipulative. On the other hand, making it sound like you wanted to drink blood kinda revealed a bit of your dark side... I’m sure there were other things beside drinking blood that you could’ve asked about to make your point. I suppose we all have a little darkness show through once in a while....

Shalom.

It's not as bad as defiling Shabbat; but many here see that as a little thing.

Leviticus 7:27
Whatsoever soul it be that eateth any manner of blood, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.
Exodus 31:14
Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Upvote 0

Non-profit Prophet

Dec 30, 2019
Southeastern
✟19,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's not as bad as defiling Shabbat;

Ah, so we move swiftly into the intended topic, to wit, the blood-thirst inquiry was but a subterfuge... This is where I’m supposed to ignorantly ask,

“How is Shabbat defiled?”

Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ah, so we move swiftly into the intended topic, to wit, the blood-thirst inquiry was but a subterfuge... This is where I’m supposed to ignorantly ask,

“How is Shabbat defiled?”

I think that drinking blood on Shabbat would defile Shabbat.

Upvote 0

Non-profit Prophet

Dec 30, 2019
Southeastern
✟19,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think that drinking blood on Shabbat would defile Shabbat.

That is one way, but anything that isn’t done on Shabbat that should be defiles it also...

Isaiah 58:
5 Is this the kind of fast I have chosen, only a day for people to humble themselves? Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed and for lying in sackcloth and ashes? Is that what you call a fast, a day acceptable to the LORD?
6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter-- when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

13 “If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD’s holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,
14 then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.” The mouth of the LORD has spoken.

Upvote 0