US
✟1,096,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The English have a disgusting sausage-like blood based food. I suppose if people are starving.....I couldn't eat it even as a child in the UK.

That got me to thinking...

(CLV) 2Ki 6:29
So we cooked my son and ate him. Then I said to her on the next day, Give up your son, and we shall eat him. But she hid her son.

Since all food is now clean; we're wasting valuable resources at the graveyard.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Where Aids originated from?
Yeah, but there is no evidence to suggest that blood drinking was the source. It could have been (like Corona) from eating "bush" meat like monkeys. I don't know that anyone knows for sure. Research says that chimps carry an AIDS like virus.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Yahshua said:

(CLV) Mk 7:15
Nothing is there outside of a man, going into him, which can contaminate him, but those things going out of a man are what is contaminating the man.

(CLV) Mk 7:17
And when He entered into the house from the throng, His disciples inquired of Him concerning the parable.

(CLV) Mk 7:18
And He is saying to them, "Are you, also, thus unintelligent? Not yet are you apprehending that everything from the outside, that is going into a man, can not contaminate him,

(CLV) Mk 7:19
for it is not going into his heart, but into the bowels, and is going out into the latrine cleansing all foods?"

But then Ya'akov (James) says:

(CLV) Ac 15:20
but to write an epistle to them to be abstaining from ceremonial pollution with idols, and prostitution, and what is strangled, and blood.

It was a command from God even before the law.

Before the flood, all animals and humans were vegetarians. But after the flood that changed.

Genesis 9:
3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. 5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man’s brother I will require the life of man.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
That got me to thinking...

(CLV) 2Ki 6:29
So we cooked my son and ate him. Then I said to her on the next day, Give up your son, and we shall eat him. But she hid her son.

Since all food is now clean; we're wasting valuable resources at the graveyard.

I believe you are kidding.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It was a command from God even before the law.

Before the flood, all animals and humans were vegetarians. But after the flood that changed.

Genesis 9:
3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. 5 Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning; from the hand of every beast I will require it, and from the hand of man. From the hand of every man’s brother I will require the life of man.

That sounds awfully legalistic. Isn't that the old covenant?

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟672,790.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That sounds awfully legalistic. If that were the case; why is it OK to celebrate Christmas, Ishtar, SUNday worship, etc.?

I believe James was speaking to the Gentiles that had turned to God in Antioch... I think. Not wanting to put too much of a "Jewish" burden on them, but saying "at least don't worship the pagan gods." I don't think it is really a blanket rule we must follow now. So go ahead and celebrate!

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe James was speaking to the Gentiles that had turned to God in Antioch... I think. Not wanting to put too much of a "Jewish" burden on them, but saying "at least don't worship the pagan gods." I don't think it is really a blanket rule we must follow now. So go ahead and celebrate!

Sorry, those are still valid because we are in the same new covenant they were in.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I believe James was speaking to the Gentiles that had turned to God in Antioch... I think. Not wanting to put too much of a "Jewish" burden on them, but saying "at least don't worship the pagan gods."

I almost gave you a medal....

Then this:

I don't think it is really a blanket rule we must follow now. So go ahead and celebrate!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Yahshua said:

(CLV) Mk 7:15
Nothing is there outside of a man, going into him, which can contaminate him, but those things going out of a man are what is contaminating the man.

(CLV) Mk 7:17
And when He entered into the house from the throng, His disciples inquired of Him concerning the parable.

(CLV) Mk 7:18
And He is saying to them, "Are you, also, thus unintelligent? Not yet are you apprehending that everything from the outside, that is going into a man, can not contaminate him,

(CLV) Mk 7:19
for it is not going into his heart, but into the bowels, and is going out into the latrine cleansing all foods?"

But then Ya'akov (James) says:

(CLV) Ac 15:20
but to write an epistle to them to be abstaining from ceremonial pollution with idols, and prostitution, and what is strangled, and blood.

Leviticus 17:14 KJV — For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

Leviticus 7:27 KJV — Whatsoever soul it be that eateth any manner of blood, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Leviticus 17:14 KJV — For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

Leviticus 7:27 KJV — Whatsoever soul it be that eateth any manner of blood, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.

That sounds awfully legalistic. Isn't that from the Torah?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
That sounds awfully legalistic. Isn't that from the Torah?

Psalms 119:1-8
[1]ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
[2]Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
[3]They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
[4]Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
[5]O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
[6]Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
[7]I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
[8]I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

Revelation 14:12 KJV — Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

• Winner
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So what's wrong with drinking blood, and eating dead children?
I was answering your question...

The question was, "What's wrong with drinking blood?"

My answer implied, that drinking blood is wrong because God said it was.

I thought the rest of my post made that clear.

But clearly, I was wrong, lol.

It's wrong to drink, blood, brother, because God says it's wrong.

The rest of my post expands on what the Lord said.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,096,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Psalms 119:1-8
[1]ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
[2]Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
[3]They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
[4]Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
[5]O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
[6]Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
[7]I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
[8]I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

Revelation 14:12 KJV — Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Hmmm...Here we have the last book of the new testament, telling us to keep YHWH's law.

Hmmmm.... maybe I had it all wrong. Maybe YHWH and Yahshua don't consider blood to be food, along with what YHWH commanded in Leviticus 11.

I guess context really is key!

Thanks for the info.

• Winner
Reactions: BrotherD
Upvote 0