• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Why Can't I be like everyone else

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm so frustrated with myself and miserable. My boyfriend is mad because I get myself into trouble at work because i fight with my boss.

I'm angry about everything right now. I'm angry that my boss blames me for stuff and can treat me however and that the whole society is setup so I just have to accept bad treatment and just kiss his feet to get a paycheck. I am so sick of it! And my boyfriend threatens me with our relationship over me getting along with bosses and stuff.

It just makes me hate people more. I feel like other people do nothing but stand in the way and ruin life. They've been making my life miserable since childhood and I hate them all.

I found out my liver enzymes are high my prolactin is high and my chest feels weird so I gotta worry about dying too now.

And my bank account is frozen because my school accidentally sent a bad check and my bank blames me and doesn't care so I can't get my money.

I am so angry and it's like the whole world is great for other people and my bf just tells me oh well sick it up.

I got mad at the neighbor and cursed him and yelled cause all he does is taunt and laugh at me for crying at the top of his lungs.

I hate people so much they deserve to suffer for how they ruin my life everyday.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dear you can't control other people but you can control yourself. For example, hating people, is that not what the enemy wants us to do? We hate them because they upset us and then we walk with hate and all its bad thoughts and feelings in our inner world. The sad thing is that you have so much bad life pressing already that is making you unhappy. Actively hating people is not going to make that lighter but rather worse.

It is true that a toxic environment is not the best place to grow good life. Consider how you can get away from where you are. Draw up long term plans and begin making small steps towards that. Please consider how people would act to you if you were kind and gentle and caring and loving that is how The Lord would like to use us as His instruments.

i have learn to see that hurting people hurt people, it becomes a catch 22. Loving people instead of hating them can free you from that burden.

Peace.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm so frustrated with myself and miserable. My boyfriend is mad because I get myself into trouble at work because i fight with my boss.

I'm angry about everything right now. I'm angry that my boss blames me for stuff and can treat me however and that the whole society is setup so I just have to accept bad treatment and just kiss his feet to get a paycheck. I am so sick of it! And my boyfriend threatens me with our relationship over me getting along with bosses and stuff.

It just makes me hate people more. I feel like other people do nothing but stand in the way and ruin life. They've been making my life miserable since childhood and I hate them all.

I found out my liver enzymes are high my prolactin is high and my chest feels weird so I gotta worry about dying too now.

And my bank account is frozen because my school accidentally sent a bad check and my bank blames me and doesn't care so I can't get my money.

I am so angry and it's like the whole world is great for other people and my bf just tells me oh well sick it up.

I got mad at the neighbor and cursed him and yelled cause all he does is taunt and laugh at me for crying at the top of his lungs.

I hate people so much they deserve to suffer for how they ruin my life everyday.
You are more like most people than you realize. If you want to be better than them, then stop complaining and think of something to give thanks for instead. Now if I could only take my own advice!

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are more like most people than you realize. If you want to be better than them, then stop complaining and think of something to give thanks for instead. Now if I could only take my own advice!

Lol you're funny. Yeah I was having a bad night. I'm supposed to be going on birth control for my pms cause my hormones are out of whack and these outrageous fits usually happen during that time of the month so idk maybe that will help with my rage issues too. I'm just tired of snapping.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Boy is this familiar, I used to hate but in less strong words and only one at a time, lol I am not laughing at you, it is just a terrible place to be. It may be that you are not well and should go back to the doc. High blood pressure can cause some of this and hormones, etc. It is right to think about your blessings. Even though you are in a rage you have to force yourself to think on good things in your life. Sounds like you have a good Christian boyfriend that is trying to lead you in the right direction. That is something to be grateful for. You need to pray a lot to help you out of this negative stare of mind Most importantly you need to know that God loves you every day and every minute of the day. He is there to listen and to help. Mostly, we get what we portray. What's inward comes out people treat you the way you treat them. When you get a negative thought replace it with something positive. It will be hard but you must do it for a change of mind and spirit.
God Bless you!

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's so hard just like getting out of that negative obsessive zone. Literally when I hear my neighbors laugh or people cinstancon talking when I'm just trying to thing or write or sleep or do something peaceful it makes me so frustrated where literally all I can think about it how much I want to fight the other person ND then over and over again I keep thinking the same thought of how they are mocking me and I need to put them in their place. So many times I've just done nothing and ignored it and it usually never makes thing better. The bullying only gets worse cause they know I can't do anything to stop it. I'm going to try talking to my counselor to come up with a solution to dealing with bullying. I am absolutely fed up with being laughed at by the "cool" people. It's just high school ever single day of my life. Things u don't deal with as a kid just come for u as an adult.

It's funny cause people that tell me to ignore it...well ive seen someone bullying them or treat them badly and they back down or they get angry. I feel like alot of people just don't deal with bullying and so that's like the golden response, ignore it. Also if u come from a household where u basically had to raise yourself dealing with confortation constructively is not something u learn that goes double for people who didn't have a dad growing up.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's so hard just like getting out of that negative obsessive zone. Literally when I hear my neighbors laugh or people cinstancon talking when I'm just trying to thing or write or sleep or do something peaceful it makes me so frustrated where literally all I can think about it how much I want to fight the other person ND then over and over again I keep thinking the same thought of how they are mocking me and I need to put them in their place.

You describe perfectly well how other people steal your peace of heart and make you angry. You can't change them but you can change the way you deal with this. You could pray to God to forgive them. The nastier they are the more you can pray to God to forgive them. And to forgive you also when you fall into judging them. This will change the battle lines completely.

Please realise that when toxic people do toxic things to other people they stand in judgement with our Heavenly Father. Think about all that bad life growing in their hearts making them more and more fuel for the fire. This is why praying for their salvation is so important. Sinful people usually don't know what they are doing. The gravity of it all.

In the mean time you will grow good life even though satan fires bad life at you. It is hard to pray for people you are angry with and it takes love and goodwill to be able to do that. Ask God when you fail and He will give you more love to win the battle. This will make you strong and a more loving and caring person in the long run. Now a lot of people like loving and caring people so when you finally manage to get away from these toxic characters you can find new friends in some good Christ loving Church.

Find strength in Christ and fight your daily battles hand in hand with Him.

Peace

Upvote 0