Why can God not protect us, before, during and after?

What do you think your deliverance looks like?

• Rapture, but no fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire, but nothing bronze

• Bronze, but no shortening of days

• Shortening of days, but no transformation

• None of these choices is complete!

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So there is no stance, with this - other than that we must stand with God. I am just pointing out that the idea that God acts in a specific way and only a specific way, is sort of antiquated.

If I was God, I would protect my children, whatever the stage of their life was up to - tribulation or not.

The Bible doesn't say "be on fire", but Jesus said "how I yearn that it (the Earth) was already kindled (with fire)" (paraphrase) - Jesus wants to walk in the midst of the fire, as Shadrach Meshach and Abednego were a foreshadow of. So if Jesus walks in the midst of the fire and says "I will come again for you, that where I am there you may be also", will He not come to take us into the fire? And if we are in the midst of the fire: will tribulation not be on every side?

The point is, that the Day of the Lord is a terrible thing to face without faith! If the days were not shortened, no flesh would survive (gospels). If then, we are in the midst of the tribulation and God shortens the days around us: how much more will we be like bronze, no matter which tribulation we face?

I hope this has been food for thought.

Last edited:

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi there,

So there is no stance, with this - other than that we must stand with God. I am just pointing out that the idea that God acts in a specific way and only a specific way, is sort of antiquated.

If I was God, I would protect my children, whatever the stage of their life was up to - tribulation or not.

The Bible doesn't say "be on fire", but Jesus said "how I yearn that it (the Earth) was already kindled (with fire)" (paraphrase) - Jesus wants to walk in the midst of the fire, as Shadrach Meshach and Abednego was a foreshadow of. So if Jesus walks in the midst of the fire and says "I will come again for you, that where I am there you may be also", will He not come to take us into the fire? And if we are in the midst of the fire: will tribulation not be on every side?

The point is, that the Day of the Lord is a terrible thing to face without faith! If the days were not shortened, no flesh would survive (gospels). If then, we are in the midst of the tribulation and God shortens the days around us: how much more will we be like bronze, no matter which tribulation we face?

Uh.. your poll responses aren't at all clear.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Uh.. your poll responses aren't at all clear.

I am just pointing out that exclusive interpretations of the tribulation, don't make sense (on their own).

Sorry, if you were looking forward to comparing alternatives - but I think if you read the post, you will understand why.

If I had made it (the poll) "pre" "mid" "post", it would have sent a confusing message.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,819.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If I was God, I would protect my children,
The Lord WILL protect His own:
Protection for His people:

Psalms 23:4 Even if I walk through a valley of darkness, I will fear no harm, for You are with me.

Isaiah 41:3 For I the Lord, will hold your right hand, saying: fear not, I will help you.

Isaiah 43:2b…walk thru fire and you will not be scorched, thru flames and not be burned.

Zephaniah 2:3 Seek the Lord, all you who obey Him, it may be that you will be sheltered on the Day of the Lord’s anger.

Proverbs 3:25 Do not be afraid when fools are frightened or when destruction overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side on that Day.

Daniel 3:25 An angel protects the 3 men in the furnace. THEY weren’t taken out of it!

Jeremiah 30:7 How terrible is that Day….yet Jacob [Israel: My people] will come thru it safely.

1 Corinthians 10:13.... God will not test you beyond your powers and when the test comes, He will provide a way out to enable you to endure.

Psalms 9:10 The Lord does not abandon those who seek Him and trust in Him.

2 Peter 2:9 God knows how to rescue the godly from their trials.

Psalms 18:3 I shall call upon the Lord, then I will be made safe.

Psalms 31:23-24 The Lord protects the faithful. Be strong, all you whose hope is in the Lord.

Psalms 64:10 The righteous rejoice, their refuge in the Lord.

Zechariah 9:15-16 The Lord of hosts will protect His people...On that Day, He will save them, like a flock, for they are precious to Him. Isaiah 61:10

Psalms 37:18-19 The Lord watches over the righteous, when times are bad, they will not be distressed.

Job 22:30 He will deliver the innocent, because their hands are pure.

Psalms 91:1-16 ...He will rescue you, you will not fear the terrors abroad.

Psalms 121:1-8 Our help comes from the Lord, He will guard your life.

Psalms 109:31 The Lord stands at the right hand of the poor and saves them from trials.

Isaiah 51:16 I keep you covered under the shelter of My hand.

Psalms 97:10-12 He keeps His loyal servants safe and rescues them from the wicked.

Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is anyone who trusts in the Lord, they will be like trees by a stream, when the heat comes it has nothing to fear.

Nahum 1:7 The Lord is a sure protection in times of trouble and cares for all those who make Him their refuge.

Psalms 60:4-5 To those who fear the Lord, He will show the way to escape from trouble.

Psalms 37:9 For evildoers will be destroyed, those who trust in the Lord will prosper in the Land.

Isaiah 26:20 On that Day, I will come to your aid.

Daniel 12:1 There will be a time of anguish, but at that time, Your people will be delivered, all those whose names are written in the Book of Life.

2 Thessalonians 1:7 ...to give you relief when the Lord Jesus comes in blazing fire.

Joel 3:16 The Lord roars from Zion, the heavens and the earth shudder, but He is a refuge for His people and a defense for Israel.

Isaiah 65:9b My chosen ones will take possession of the land, those who serve Me will live there.

Ecclesiasticus 34:13-17 Those who fear the Lord will live, for their trust in Him can keep them safe. The Lord keeps watch over those who love Him, He is their shield and support, a shelter from the scorching wind and the heat of the sun. He raises their spirits and gives healing, life and blessings. Reference: Revised English Bible.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 121:5
"The Lord watches over you. The Lord is your shade at your right hand: The sun will not harm you by day nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from ALL harm. He will watch over you coming and going both NOW and FOREVERMORE."

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
It frequently comes up in this forum, that you can be pre mid or post tribulation: but who is it that gives this choice separately, with the others not being true?

I put it to you that the Devil, is the only one that divides the brethren's interpretations - one against the other.

I am saying I welcome God whether He saves me now, later or after - I don't need to draw lines in the sand!

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,819.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Trust in His Deliverance……..Our Test by Fire

Ecclesiasticus 51:1-6 I shall give thanks to You, my Lord and King, I shall praise You as my Saviour, because You are my protector and helper. You rescue me from destruction, from the traps of my enemies – those who invent lies, those who wait to devour me. In the fullness of Your mercy, You rescue me from the hands that threaten my life, the many troubles that I endure, from the choking fire that envelopes me and from the grave. 1 Peter 4:12, Isaiah 35:3-4, Psalm 11:5-6, Psalm 97:10-12, Psalm 121:1-8, Isaiah 51:6, Habakkuk 3:13

Eccl. 51:7-10 On every side I was surrounded and there was no one to help. I looked for human aid and there was none. Then I remembered Your mercy, what You did in days long past. You deliver those who put their trust in You and free them from their enemies. Psalm 31:4-5, Psalm 34:19-22, Psalm 108:12-13

From the earth, I send up my prayer, begging to be rescued from death.
I cried: Lord God – You are my Father, do not abandon me in my time of trouble, when I am helpless in the face of arrogance. Isaiah 54:17, Joel 3:16, Psalms 34:17, Psalms 37:39-40, Psalms 62:1-8, Psalms 91:14-16

Eccl. 51:11-12 My petition was granted, now I shall praise You and make thanksgiving. You saved me from destruction, bringing me out from my desperate plight, I shall bless the Name of the Lord. Nahum 1:7, Zechariah 9:16, Isaiah 12:1-6

Eccl. 51:23-30 You that are uninformed, come to Me and listen to My instruction. Why lack knowledge and leave your thirst unslaked? Psalms 19:7, Isaiah 51:7-8

The Lord proclaims: Buy wisdom for yourself, without cost – it is not far from you. May you delight in the Lord’s mercy and never be ashamed of praising Him. Do your duty at this time and in His time, He will give you your reward.
Reference: REB Apocrypha, some verses abridged.

Psalms 13:5, Psalms 37:5, Psalms 56:3-4, Psalms 62:8, Isaiah 30:15, Ezekiel 34:22-31

1 Corinthians 3:13-15 The work that each person does will, at the last be brought to light; the Day of judgement will expose it. For that Day dawns in fire and the fire will test the worth of each persons work. If anyone’s legacy survives, they will be rewarded, if the fire destroys it, they will have to bear the loss – yet they will escape with their life, though only by passing through the fire.

Psalms 62:11-12 Two things God has spoken that I have learned: All power belongs to God and unfailing love is His, because You reward everyone according to what they have done.

James 1:12 Happy is the person who stands firm in time of trial. If you pass safely through the time of testing, you will receive as your reward the life which God has promised to those who love Him.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Argument keeps surfacing about which rapture is right, when clearly they all have a stake in the same "truth".

How can one be in the field, or at the millstone, or in bed and be taken - if it is not specified whether it is before, during or after rapture.

I put it to you, that all these things will happen simultaneously once the Restrainer has done his work.

Are you ready for a world, in which the godless pretend to remember more than you, but don't know how (and aren't prompted to)?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

The Bible doesn't say "be on fire", but Jesus said "how I yearn that it (the Earth) was already kindled (with fire)" (paraphrase) - Jesus wants to walk in the midst of the fire, as Shadrach Meshach and Abednego were a foreshadow of. So if Jesus walks in the midst of the fire and says "I will come again for you, that where I am there you may be also", will He not come to take us into the fire? And if we are in the midst of the fire: will tribulation not be on every side?

All of the Apostles, except John, were murdered for our faith.

All of them are now in a safe place, with Christ.

Should we expect the same thing could happen to us?

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

A modern woman reads the letter Corrie Ten Boom wrote on this topic.
(1) Corrie Ten Boom speaks about the Tribulation and the Rapture (Mirror) - YouTube

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Argument keeps surfacing about which rapture is right, when clearly they all have a stake in the same "truth".

How can one be in the field, or at the millstone, or in bed and be taken - if it is not specified whether it is before, during or after rapture.

I put it to you, that all these things will happen simultaneously once the Restrainer has done his work.

Are you ready for a world, in which the godless pretend to remember more than you, but don't know how (and aren't prompted to)?
These taken verses are not about the rapture. Looking back at 2020, we see many taken by covid19 and many left in the same manner. Covid19 is a plague. It will not get better either. Life is going to get worse. Close to 2 billion humans will soon die (the 4th Seal). Then the Second Coming, and Christ on earth like Matthew 24 and 25 tell us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums