Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think it all comes down to "two will be walking in a field, and one will be taken, and one will be left behind". Of course, the last time a lot of people were "taken" in the Bible, it was the Flood, and *NOAH* was the one "left behind".

Upvote 0

Rize

Oct 15, 2002
Louisana
✟17,900.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Seebs, that's an English expression which has no support in the Greek.

The Greek word there is actually "take along" and the other word means "send away".

The good will not be sent away :)  They will be taken along or raptured in other words (by the four angels that Jesus had just mentioned). 

That is all in Mathew 24 (along with the rest of the end-times chronology).

Also, there is 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 2 Thessalonians 2:1.

Read these and you will see that the rapture is clearly an actual event that will occur. 

Upvote 0

Chris†opher Paul

Based on a True Story
May 8, 2002
Centreville, VA
✟17,404.00
I read Matthew 24, and you saw that you have a strong case for this "rapture."

However, I looked back at the end of Matthew 23. (There were no chapter divisions in the original books)

Jesus says:

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how many times I yearned to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her young under her wings, but you were unwilling!
Behold, your house will be abandoned, desolate.
I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"

It is my belief that Revelation describes the destruction of the harlot riding the beast, and that Jerusalem was destroyed in AD 70.

We can see that Jesus spoke in the start of Chapter 24 about the stones of Jerusalem being thrown down:

Jesus left the temple area and was going away, when his disciples approached him to point out the temple buildings.

He said to them in reply, "You see all these things, do you not? Amen, I say to you, there will not be left here a stone upon another stone that will not be thrown down."

So, it appears that these things took place in AD 70.

This clearly matches Jesus other words where he says later in Chapter 24:

"Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place."

Also, the "new heavens and new earth" are not literal, so don't be confused by those words.

Upvote 0

Rize

Oct 15, 2002
Louisana
✟17,900.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Chris†opher Paul
I read Matthew 24, and you saw that you have a strong case for this "rapture."

However, I looked back at the end of Matthew 23. (There were no chapter divisions in the original books)

Jesus says:

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how many times I yearned to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her young under her wings, but you were unwilling!
Behold, your house will be abandoned, desolate.
I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'"

It is my belief that Revelation describes the destruction of the harlot riding the beast, and that Jerusalem was destroyed in AD 70.

We can see that Jesus spoke in the start of Chapter 24 about the stones of Jerusalem being thrown down:

Jesus left the temple area and was going away, when his disciples approached him to point out the temple buildings.

He said to them in reply, "You see all these things, do you not? Amen, I say to you, there will not be left here a stone upon another stone that will not be thrown down."

So, it appears that these things took place in AD 70.

This clearly matches Jesus other words where he says later in Chapter 24:

"Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place."

Also, the "new heavens and new earth" are not literal, so don't be confused by those words.

Don't forget to read the verses in Thessalonians.

Also, you should note that prophecies are sometimes dual natured.  That is, they are "near/far" referring to things that will happen soon and things that will happen far off.  Did you know that technically some of the temple is still standing?  It's call the wailing wall.  Some have argued that it's not part of the temple because it's really a peice of the outter wall...  or perhaps it's yet to be destroyed.

Again, look at the verses in Thessalonians and reread Mathew 24.

While there were no chapter/verse distinctions originally, notice that Jesus comes out of the temple in Mathew 24 indicating that it is a new sermon/teaching.  Pay attention to 24:1-14.  He is clearly talking about the end of the world here and not just the destruction of the temple in 70 AD.

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The disturbing thing to me is (considering many are being taught the opposite), if a rapture takes place, it will be the evil ones that are removed first as Jesus Himself described in Matthew...

In the first section I've pasted over I bolded the words that Jesus explains in the second section I pasted.  Notice that the tares are taken out BEFORE the wheat.

(Matthew 13:24) Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed(the Son of Man, Jesus) in his field(the world - earth):

(Matthew 13:25) But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares(children of the wicked one) among the wheat(children of the Kingdom), and went his way.

(Matthew 13:26) But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares(children of the wicked one) also.

(Matthew 13:27) So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed(children of the Kingdom) in thy field(the world - earth)? from whence then hath it tares(children of the wicked one)?

(Matthew 13:28) He said unto them, An enemy(satan) hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

(Matthew 13:29) But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

(Matthew 13:30) Let both grow together until the harvest(end of the world): and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers(angels), Gather ye together FIRST the tares(children of the wicked one), and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat(children of the Kingdom) into my barn(wonder what the barn is? ;) ). 

Below in bold are the translations that I put in parantheses above...

(Matthew 13:36) Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

(Matthew 13:37) He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

(Matthew 13:38) The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked [one];

(Matthew 13:39) The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

(Matthew 13:40) As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

(Matthew 13:41) The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

(Matthew 13:42) And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

(Matthew 13:43) Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Upvote 0

Rize

Oct 15, 2002
Louisana
✟17,900.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Libertarian
I addressed this in your other post.

The rapture scriptures show that the rapture will occur immediately before the Day of the Lord begins.  Regardless of that day's length, if you take the parable in Mathew in this way then you will have a rapture of the Good and the wrath of God on an empty Earth.

Thus, this most refer to the final judgment of hte wicked.

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally posted by Rize
I addressed this in your other post.

The rapture scriptures show that the rapture will occur immediately before the Day of the Lord begins.  Regardless of that day's length, if you take the parable in Mathew in this way then you will have a rapture of the Good and the wrath of God on an empty Earth.

Thus, this most refer to the final judgment of hte wicked.

Why would you want to be raptured before Jesus begins to reign?  That doesn't make sense.  Jesus says His reward is with Him, so I want to be where He is when He comes, not taken out like the wicked.

If this refers to the final judgment (of the wicked - as you say which doesn't make sense because we'll all be judged) then you're saying Jesus will judge the wicked first then all of the righteous.  i guess you don't want to be in the front of the line :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matt_24:37 "For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.
Matt_24:38 "For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
Matt_24:39 and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

In the days of Noah.... Noah and his family were also taken before the flood came... same thing with Lot.

SO I think the same thing will happen with us...

Upvote 0

postrib

Feb 7, 2002
✟958.00
Faith
Christian
Today at 01:58 AM sbbqb7n16 said this in Post #14
...Noah and his family were also taken before the flood came... same thing with Lot.

Note that just as God didn't have to rapture Noah or Lot into heaven to keep them from his wrath, so he won't have to rapture us into heaven to keep us from his wrath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
I do not believe in the "rapture theory" that has become mainstream fiction, and it is unfortunate that those who are in a position to teach are following this lead. I do not believe that millions of people will suddenly disappear, when the bible clearly says NOTHING about that.
Instead we are told that many (a multitude no man could count) Rev. 7:9-17 will come OUT of the great tribulation, wearing white robes. You have to be in something, to come out of it.

Jesus tells us also, Matt 24:29 Immediately AFTER THE TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS, shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light >>here is the return of Christ, AFTER these things.

Two shall be in the field, one shall be TAKEN, and the other left.
Two women shall be grinding at the mill, one shall be TAKEN, and the other left.
WATCH THEREFORE, for ye know not what hour the Lord doth come.

This is not an indication of the rapture, but rather a warning to those who are not ready. The wicked are removed from the earth first, as we are told by the parable of the wheat and the tares.

Mark 13:24 But in those days, AFTER THAT TRIBULATION, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light.
And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
Notice Rev 7: And after these things, I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor in the sea, nor on any tree.
And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to WHOM IT WAS GIVEN TO HURT THE EARTH AND THE SEA.
Saying, hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

They were not removed, they were sealed. Why would they need to be sealed if they were going to be raptured? These angels are being sent to harm the earth and the sea, but are told to wait, so that Gods servants can be sealed (or protected).

Upvote 0

Gideon4God

Jan 12, 2003
✟8,009.00
Faith
Other Religion
27th February 2003 at 01:58 AM sbbqb7n16 said this in Post #14

Matt_24:37 "For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.
Matt_24:38 "For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
Matt_24:39 and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

In the days of Noah.... Noah and his family were also taken before the flood came... same thing with Lot.

Noah was left behind.  He wasn't taken at all but built the Ark with his own hands and jumped in as God had told him.  The wicked were the ones taken from the earth.  Jesus said "one will be taken the other left" could not a case be made that the wicked will be taken first? 

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.