Huntsville
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many of you disagree with water baptism, but since I've done the same thing as you, plus being dunked in water for the forgiveness of my sins in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and I feel that's necessary, many of you really need to let me know that I'm wrong. The illustration I thought of is the reference 1 Cor 11 about women covering their head. Now you and I may think it unnecessary since we might think of it as a cultural situation. But it doesn't say "cover your head for the forgiveness of your sins". Because of that, I'm not going to tell someone they're wrong for doing it. If they told me it's for the forgiveness of sins, I would point out the Bible never saying that. But as soon as I point out people being baptized in water for the forgiveness of their sins, people get REAL up in a tizzy. I'm just telling you that I firmly believe that's what the Bible says to do to be washed clean of your nasty sins. You don't have to believe me if you don't want to. I just point out the scripture and you keep twisting them into your own belief. Like I said, if I'm wrong, I'm still saved by your own definition of salvation since I've done everything you've done. But if I'm right, I'm just letting you know I'm praying you make the same decision I did. And by the way, if the Bible said I needed to cover my head for the forgiveness of sins, I would absolutely do it, regardless of whether or not it may have been cultural. I really want to be with God! Thanks for getting me into the scripture more and more! Compare Romans 6:3 and then Romans 8:1. This is why I do it! I love His promises.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I'm still saved even though you think I'm misguided by water baptism (unlike every baptism in Acts), shouldn't you be happy for me? I've done everything you've done, you just chose to nix water baptism from your belief in it having to do with your salvation. If you're CERTAIN you're saved, then why argue with me at all?
Paul defined the saving gospel 1 Cor 15:1-4 KJV, and he said Christ sent him NOT to baptize but to preach the gospel 1 Cor 1. So clearly water baptism is not part of the saving gospel. If you add water baptism to the gospel, you make another gospel and read galatians one about that. This may be much more serious than you make it.

also the Jews were given a spake to come out of the Old Covenant that was fading away and they were not able to bear somethings. God was gracious to them and peter had the gospel to of circumcised and Paul had the gospel of the uncircumcision. The same gospel but applied to two different groups (Galatians 2).

The Jewish believers also sacrificed animals still all through Acts, went to the temple with the rituals and priest and High priest. Were zealous of the law and the customs of the Jews all through Acts. Do you do that as well? Why don't you sacrifice animals as some of them did. read Acts 21 and Acts 15 etc.

Think of animal sacrifice, it was a sign a type of the reality in Christ one sacrifice. We don't need to keep the sign and shadow. Water baptism was a shadow of things and being baptized into Jesus Christ by the Spirit is the reality. So why keep the outward washings and carnal ordinances that were only imposed upon Israel until the time of their reformation? Read hebrews 8 and 9 again.

Upvote 0

manoffiji

Dec 31, 2017
Huntsville
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And he (eunuch) answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”...Acts 8

Belief saved him.Not the water ritual.
That's not what it says. You added you words breaking rule #3 in my article. If you're following what happened at all in Acts, then Acts 2:37-41 still applied at this baptism. The water washed his sins away (Acts 22:16)

Upvote 0

manoffiji

Dec 31, 2017
Huntsville
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Believers get ritual water baptized because of the forgiveness of their sins. ...a major benefit of their salvation.
Acts 2:38 says 'for' not because. Rule #3. Adding your words and not the Bible's again.

Upvote 0

manoffiji

Dec 31, 2017
Huntsville
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul defined the saving gospel 1 Cor 15:1-4 KJV, and he said Christ sent him NOT to baptize but to preach the gospel 1 Cor 1. So clearly water baptism is not part of the saving gospel. If you add water baptism to the gospel, you make another gospel and read galatians one about that. This may be much more serious than you make it.

also the Jews were given a spake to come out of the Old Covenant that was fading away and they were not able to bear somethings. God was gracious to them and peter had the gospel to of circumcised and Paul had the gospel of the uncircumcision. The same gospel but applied to two different groups (Galatians 2).

The Jewish believers also sacrificed animals still all through Acts, went to the temple with the rituals and priest and High priest. Were zealous of the law and the customs of the Jews all through Acts. Do you do that as well? Why don't you sacrifice animals as some of them did. read Acts 21 and Acts 15 etc.

Think of animal sacrifice, it was a sign a type of the reality in Christ one sacrifice. We don't need to keep the sign and shadow. Water baptism was a shadow of things and being baptized into Jesus Christ by the Spirit is the reality. So why keep the outward washings and carnal ordinances that were only imposed upon Israel until the time of their reformation? Read hebrews 8 and 9 again.
I'll just take out the whole book of Acts and all of the water baptism passages I sent you so that your gospel fits your bias. Once again, I'm confused why you're so upset over my belief in baptism. I've asked you if I'm lost because I follow Acts 2:37 and 38 but you've failed to tell me. It's a yes or no answer. And none of the things in Acts that you referenced did Peter command for the forgiveness of sins. You've been down this road already. You can't get away from simple scriptures that tell of of the saving nature of baptism so you keep trying this tactic. Please tell me if I'm lost for believing in the saving nature of baptism. If not, I'm still confused why you're arguing.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The spiritual believer’s baptism commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28 is not ritual water baptism. Ritual water baptism does not save. Nor does it wash away sins. Sins are forgiven by confession. 1 John 1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

manoffiji

Dec 31, 2017
Huntsville
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.”...Acts 10:23
And then he went and baptized those folks to wash their sins away at the end of the chapter of which you failed to show in the comtext (Acts 22:16 again for reference this water saving baptism)

Upvote 0

manoffiji

Dec 31, 2017
Huntsville
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The spiritual believer’s baptism commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28 is not ritual water baptism. Ritual water baptism does not save. Nor does it wash away sins. Sins are forgiven by confession. 1 John 1
1 Peter 3:21 says water baptism saves you...twice. I address this in my article of which you clearly read the headline only and not the actual article.

Upvote 0

manoffiji

Dec 31, 2017
Huntsville
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a non-Scriptural heresy to say that ritual water baptism is a condition of salvation. Beware!!
I'm not saying it, the Bible is...Acts 2:37-38, 1 Peter 3:21, Acts 22:16...round and round the mulberry bush. Praying for you!

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and heres a few more verses about how sins are remitted,

Hebrews 9:22
"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."

Acts 10:43
"o him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins."

Romans 3:25
"Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

Hebrews 10:18
"Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin."

Hebrews 9:14
"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The water washed his sins away (Acts 22:16)

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."

"o him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins."

"Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through theeternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll just take out the whole book of Acts and all of the water baptism passages I sent you so that your gospel fits your bias. Once again, I'm confused why you're so upset over my belief in baptism. I've asked you if I'm lost because I follow Acts 2:37 and 38 but you've failed to tell me. It's a yes or no answer. And none of the things in Acts that you referenced did Peter command for the forgiveness of sins. You've been down this road already. You can't get away from simple scriptures that tell of of the saving nature of baptism so you keep trying this tactic. Please tell me if I'm lost for believing in the saving nature of baptism. If not, I'm still confused why you're arguing.
I explained in detail about Acts 2:38 as i understand.

and if you say

"well, they did it in Acts, so I better do it"then you have to do animal sacrifices, keep the Mosaic law zealously, the customs of the Jews, circumcision, etc etc.

do you do that, ? well Peter and the other Jews did for almost the entire book of Acts. I would guess right until the destruction of the temple in 70 Ad.

Always ask, who is Peter talking to in Acts 2, and why were the jews still going to the temple and under the Old Covenant for a while, a.

Also ask why was Johns water baptism program for israel and how long was that old covenant that John was under to last for?

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I posted how remission of sins comes, many verses.

Upvote 0

manoffiji

Dec 31, 2017
Huntsville
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and heres a few more verses about how sins are remitted,

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"
I don't have to read your verses to let you know I agree with what the Bible says. I agree with all of those verses, and then I follow the rest of the New Testament teachings as well. I don't pick and choose to flavor my view of salvation. Acts 2:37-41, Romans 6:3-6, Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:16, Acts 22:16, 1 Peter 3:21-22, Galatians 3:26-27, Colossians 2:11-12, Titus 3:5, John 3:5, Matthew 3:13-17 and Hebrews 10:22.

Upvote 0

manoffiji

Dec 31, 2017
Huntsville
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through theeternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"
Yep, I agree with those verses, and then I follow the rest as well. Acts 2:37-41, Romans 6:3-6, Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:16, Acts 22:16, 1 Peter 3:21-22, Galatians 3:26-27, Colossians 2:11-12, Titus 3:5, John 3:5, Matthew 3:13-17 and Hebrews 10:22.

Upvote 0