• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Why are you democrat or republican?

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by W2L, Nov 10, 2018.

1. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+7,036
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Which union? Brotherhood of Maintainence of Way Employees?

2. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+4,243
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Gaps between firing and hiring.

I worked at a non-union factory [Motorola] in the early 1990s. Being a seller's-market economy, they gave us raises just to stay competitive with outside offers (until they relocated the factory).

3. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven Well-Known Member

+11,244
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I'm a liberal but I'm not a Democrat. I'm in the Green Party because I agree with a lot of the Green Party platform (social justice, environmentalism, LGBT rights, anti-war, non-violent protest). I was raised in a very conservative home and community though. But I abandoned that ideology in my early twenties not too long after I became involved in Native American social justice and political activism. I began to realize and witness that it was in direct opposition to the social justice issues I cared about and to the rights of marginalized people (such as NDNs and LGBT). I also considered the ideology to be anti-science and in opposition to environmentalism too. I've been a liberal ever since.

4. No Swansong

No Swansong Formerly Jtbdad Christian on every board!

+619
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    I was a Conservative Republican for years. My first 3 presidential votes were for Republicans followed once by a Democratic vote and then 3 more votes cast for Republicans. I eventually realized that those in politics who claimed to be Christian were opposed to many Christian principles and many of Jesus's teachings. I can't vote for a Republican in good conscience nor for many Democrats. I am registered Green but have only cast one Green vote ever and it was for a School Board member. I simply stay registered Green because I like their Ecological Policies in general and they mail me fewer post cards attempting to coerce my vote in their favor. I often vote Independent or write in. I despise that many people cannot get along with those who may politically oppose them.

5. No Swansong

No Swansong Formerly Jtbdad Christian on every board!

+619
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    BTW thank you for posting this question. I have enjoyed reading the responses.

6. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,878
    Christian
    Private
    You're welcome.

7. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+3,094
    Catholic
    Married
    Cast your write in ballot for Jesus. You can't go wrong with that.

8. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+4,243
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    He's coming whether you vote for Him or not...! :clap:

9. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+1,849
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Neither, since I'm not a USA citizen, but my sympathies and hopes are with the Republicans more than the Democrats. Democrats annoy me in their support for depravity in all it's forms.

10. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+17,327
    Christian
    Married
    I'm a Democrat after many years of being a Republican. Because the Democrats support more things I agree with then the Republicans do. :wave:
    tulc(voted for President Reagan AND President Obama) :eek:

11. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,878
    Christian
    Private
    I was a republican for years. Im apolitical now.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. mark kennedy

mark kennedy Natura non facit saltum Supporter

+7,259
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I'm a Democrat because i don't believe the Republican agenda is sound. It's pro status quo right down the line and we are seeing a boom bust agenda that is going to drive the economy right over a cliff. Trump's lieutenants are mired in scandals and his choice of AG is obviously going to end badly. I've watched this over decades and it never works out well.

13. drstevej

drstevej Light Attracts Bugs Staff Member Chaplain Supporter

+24,116
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Been a Republican since Barry Goldwater. Now I tend to avoid the broadcast news except for my friend, David Limbaugh.