Tallapoosa
✟15,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't ask to question your faith, I ask because you need to be prepared. So why are you a Christian? Is it because you heard a message and thought you couldn't stand to be in hell? Is it because you have been blessed and you want to keep being blessed? Is it because you want to do something for the kingdom of God? Being a Christian is suffering for righteousness. Christ suffered so you don't have to suffer the 2nd death. We suffer with Christ. He loved us first. It was on the darkest day, the hight of evil, that Christ died, and God used it for good. The day Jesus Christ blood was shed. I'm a Christian because it's the only truth there is in this world. I want to suffer for the greater good, to be free from the fear of death and do the will of God. Believe in the one he sent.

RN111

Site Supporter
May 11, 2020
Bethal
✟55,774.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF! Glad to have you on board. :)

"Why are you Christian?"
Jesus Christ died on the cross so that we don't have to suffer eternally because of our sins. I feel my life would be dark without being a Christian like I would have no purpose in life, that I would just be a bunch of molecules, without any purpose or goal in life, now that doesn't sound so good now, does it? God is almighty and loving and he sent his only begotten son to die for us on the cross so that we can have eternal life. I find that truly amazing. So why wouldn't you want to be a Christian would be my answer. God loves me and gives me a gift of salvation.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't ask to question your faith, I ask because you need to be prepared. So why are you a Christian? Is it because you heard a message and thought you couldn't stand to be in hell? Is it because you have been blessed and you want to keep being blessed? Is it because you want to do something for the kingdom of God? Being a Christian is suffering for righteousness. Christ suffered so you don't have to suffer the 2nd death. We suffer with Christ. He loved us first. It was on the darkest day, the hight of evil, that Christ died, and God used it for good. The day Jesus Christ blood was shed. I'm a Christian because it's the only truth there is in this world. I want to suffer for the greater good, to be free from the fear of death and do the will of God. Believe in the one he sent.

Welcome to CF, may you be blessed by it.

I am christian because I hit rock bottom prayed and the Lord answered my prayers .. He lifted me up out of the pit in His loving way ... and from that day forward I experienced and do experience the reality of an ongoing personal relationship with Him .... Praise the Lord! I am so thankful. Thank you Jesus!

I'm a Christian because it's the only truth there is in this world.

Agree completely with this!

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I came to Christ because I was desperately seeking to be healed. This was after, all other gods had failed to help me as they had ears yet could not hear, eyes yet could not see and mouths yet could not speak. I actually thought I could cheat the system (silly me) by grabbing my healing quickly and returning straight to the world where I could carry on living in sin, but ofcourse God had better plans for my life. I got my healing but decided, i was never walking away from Christ as i had started to fall for Him deeply.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm Christian because it's true. :)

Welcome to C.F.!

I will say it's human nature to wish not to suffer, but like Christ if it came to my door and God does not remove the cup from me and I suffer, I will do so gladly for His sake.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Welcome to these forums! You're already making this some more interesting place; congratulations!

The simplest explanation I can give for why I am still Christian is because there has to be something higher for life to make sense.I suffered mentally for a long. Of time, because I knew I had some sort of purpose, but I had no clue what. Through Christianity, and all the resources offered by the Catholic Church, I learned that there truly is something greater, someone worth dying for, and this has fueled my life with more purpose & passion & mission than I ever thought possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was an Atheist.The Holy Spirit convicted me of Sin.I Turned to God for forgiveness.I received that Forgiveness.Later, I was given “ ears to hear”. I then started Believing and Acting on the Promises Of God.God put His Holy Spirit in me and started changing me from the inside out.....I prayed for God to make me “ Good Soil” and He did . The End.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,845.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hello Phillip and welcome to the forums. I hope you will enjoy your time here.
You've asked a very good question. My answer is because in Christ I have found everything the world is yearning and striving for: forgiveness, peace, comfort and hope.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Phillip,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

hello-hat-tip-gif.216840

079f0551165fa6aca5702fdfa65b588e.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums