• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Why are you a Baptist?

Discussion in 'Baptists' started by ChristianForCats, Dec 8, 2019.

1. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats Love came to us on a donkey.

+681
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Is it because you grew up Baptist, like a Baptist church, or agree with their belief statements?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Hammster

Hammster Tell Jabba that I’ve got his money. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+19,711
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Two and three.

3. Jonaitis

Jonaitis Pilgrim

+3,189
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Republican
    I partially grew up in it, it was the first church I attended after conversion, and through studying their beliefs agree with their biblical reasoning.

4. JustRachel

JustRachel He welcomed me back! <3 Supporter

+745
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I was led to the Lord by a Baptist preacher and immediately joined his church. I do like my church and agree with everything spoken there. The Southern Baptist churches are autonomous, so, this isn't to say that I'd agree with one in the next town over. In fact there are things I don't agree with in the Southern Baptist Convention.

5. carp614

carp614 Active Member

+310
    Christian
    Married
    I grew up Methodist and ended up profoundly lost and confused about my faith. It was not the church that made me confused.

My wife grew up Southern Baptist and introduced me to it. It became my denomination over time.

I have always been a conservative with traditionalist leanings, so the SBC's conservative approach to doctrine and theology has been a natural fit for me.

6. Sam91

Sam91 Child of the Living God Supporter

+7,994
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    I'm a baptist just because it is the church that I am a member of. I don't agree with some of the Pastor's theology but they are more Biblical than other denominations.

I have attended churches other denominations before so classify myself as a Christian rather than being of a denomination. I don't believe any denomination has 100% it right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. JacquelineDeane55

JacquelineDeane55 Newbie

+760
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    AHA! So there ARE people like me who were virtually raised by a church! LOL.

I was raised independent baptist and my parents would talk about GOD and Jesus all the time. Eventually I came to believe in Jesus and trust Him as my savior on my own. Does this mean I am saved now and I am going to heaven when I die? I really hope so, because that is where I want to go.

8. Omah1970

Omah1970 Newbie

+15
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Very well said! Thank you

9. ml5363

ml5363 Well-Known Member

+215
    Christian
    Married
    All of the above here...I have visited a few others but Baptist is the doctrine closest to bible

10. Cross Over the Lake

Cross Over the Lake Member

+124
    United States
    Baptist
    Divorced
    US-Republican
    Honestly I tried a few churches before I settled at a southern baptist church. I guess I feel more at home there. I do like it there and I feel close to their belief statement.

11. James1023

James1023 New Member

+15
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Pretty much because I think the Baptist Church is the one taking Jesus' Commission the most seriously. Do agree with most the Independent Baptist Doctrine, but definitely don't agree with the pre-trib.

12. ChristianForCats

+681
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    What is pre-tribulation?

For a long time I thought I can never be a Baptist. Talking to people in the Looking for a Church forum on CF help me understand it is possible if I add "American" in front of "Baptist."

13. Steve97

Steve97 Active Member

+248
    Tajikistan
    Christian
    Married
    UK - SNP
    I was raised Roman Catholic and came to Christ in a United Methodist church. I joined and attend a Baptist church to have fellowship with other believers. I am a "Baptist Black Sheep" because I don't embrace Reformed Baptism. The pastor and other members knows and are fine with it.

14. ChristianForCats

+681
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Is there a non-reformed Baptist church nearby? Find out what you would fit in more. God will lead you.

15. YeshuaFan

YeshuaFan Well-Known Member

+843
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Option 3, as believe that church in Acts was Baptist like in doctrines and practices!

16. Lavaduder

Lavaduder New Member

+27
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    For me it is all three, but the first two are vain if I did not agree with the 3rd.