Why are we vaccinating children against COVID-19?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think you have been following the conversation.
I know I have been and I know you have not been and that's why you are now cornered by your own words.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I didn't say anything about the boomer conservative generation. Try to stay on topic.
You said it was the hippies - that is the conservative, boomer generation. Try to stick to your own stories.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Since when are hippies conservatives? I'm not talking about former hippies.
Former hippies are the only hippies left.

You know, if you're going to use a word like "hippie" then know what it means and if it doesn't mean what you wanted it to mean then own your mistake instead of trying to blame me for your mistake.

Hippie - Wikipedia

A hippie, also spelled as hippy,[1] was a member of the counterculture of the 1960s, originally a youth movement that began in the United States during the mid-1960s and spread to other countries around the world.[2] The word hippie came from hipster and was used to describe beatniks[3] who moved into New York City's Greenwich Village, San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district, and Chicago's Old Town community. The term hippie was used in print by San Francisco writer Michael Fallon, helping popularise use of the term in the media, although the tag was seen elsewhere earlier.[4][5]

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Former hippies are the only hippies left.

You know, if you're going to use a word like "hippie" then know what it means and if it doesn't mean what you wanted it to mean then own your mistake instead of trying to blame me for your mistake.

Hippie - Wikipedia

A hippie, also spelled as hippy,[1] was a member of the counterculture of the 1960s, originally a youth movement that began in the United States during the mid-1960s and spread to other countries around the world.[2] The word hippie came from hipster and was used to describe beatniks[3] who moved into New York City's Greenwich Village, San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district, and Chicago's Old Town community. The term hippie was used in print by San Francisco writer Michael Fallon, helping popularise use of the term in the media, although the tag was seen elsewhere earlier.[4][5]
Lol, you should learn American slang.
Most people probably don't call the back to the earth minimalist types today hippies but to me it's just the 70s movement come back around.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lol, you should learn American slang.
Most people probably don't call the back to the earth minimalist types today hippies but to me it's just the 70s movement come back around.
Sounds like you're the one who needs to learn American slang - you yourself admit that most people don't call the "back to the earth minimalist types today hippies" and that it's only to you that it's "just the 70s [sic] movement come back around".

You wrongly castigate me for getting the word "hippie" wrong and deride me for not knowing "American slang" and in the same breath you admit you are defining the word for yourself in a way that most people today don't. Amazing. Cognitive dissonance taken to new heights.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you're the one who needs to learn American slang - you yourself admit that most people don't call the "back to the earth minimalist types today hippies" and that it's only to you that it's "just the 70s [sic] movement come back around".

You wrongly castigate me for getting the word "hippie" wrong and deride me for not knowing "American slang" and in the same breath you admit you are defining the word for yourself in a way that most people today don't. Amazing. Cognitive dissonance taken to new heights.
Are you really here to argue about what " hippie" means? Lighten up.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not true but that's the kind of lie people believe when they get their information from conspiracy theories and radical right-wing websites, pundits, and their leaders.
Governments and politicians sometimes tell big lies. I'd expect most people with a mature outlook on politics to realise that governments and politicians sometimes tell big lies. A good example of this was the big lie about Iraq having Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Lock step is demanded
LOL! The demands for lock step are coming from pro-vaxxers such as you. Most vaccine sceptics think that vaccinating entire populations is a bad idea, but are perfectly accepting of people who freely choose to take the vaccine without any coercion such as no-jab-no-job.

they obey even if it means disobeying God's Word.
LOL! God's word doesn't say anything about vaccines. And there is no government mandate for me to receive the vaccine in the UK. Please don't twist and corrupt God's word to suit your own pro-vaxx beliefs.

Most probably? Did you even read it?
Why are you avoiding the problems with government vaccine propaganda? For example, why are you ignoring this huge problem:
You do realise that they don't count anyone as vaxxed until weeks after they've been injected?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Maybe you are supposed to think that the facts don't support vaccinating kids being a good idea.

Is that the opinion of the majority of experts in their field who work with vaccines and viruses? Is that what the actual evidence shows? Or are you relying on anecdotal evidence and specious claims made on sources such as Facebook and YouTube?

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that the opinion of the majority of experts in their field who work with vaccines and viruses? Is that what the actual evidence shows? Or are you relying on anecdotal evidence and specious claims made on sources such as Facebook and YouTube?

-CryptoLutheran
Even those who generally believe the standard line are hesitant to recommend vaccinating kids.

https://khn.org/news/article/covid-...are-side-effects-myocarditis-experts-caution/

At a meeting last week of an FDA advisory committee, vaccine experts suggested that the agency require the pharmaceutical companies to hold larger and longer clinical trials for the younger age groups. A few said FDA should hold off on authorizing vaccination of younger children for up to a year or two.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Even those who generally believe the standard line are hesitant to recommend vaccinating kids.

https://khn.org/news/article/covid-...are-side-effects-myocarditis-experts-caution/

At a meeting last week of an FDA advisory committee, vaccine experts suggested that the agency require the pharmaceutical companies to hold larger and longer clinical trials for the younger age groups. A few said FDA should hold off on authorizing vaccination of younger children for up to a year or two.

"Interestingly, Lucien and his mother, Beth Clarke, of Rochester, New Hampshire, disagreed. Her son’s reaction was “odd,” she said, but “I’d rather him get a side effect [that doctors] can help with than get covid and possibly die. And he feels that way, which is more important. He thinks all his friends should get it.”"

The possible side effects are incredibly mild compared to what the virus itself can do.

COVID Vaccine: What Parents Need to Know

"Since April 2021, there have been more than a thousand reports of cases of myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) and pericarditis (inflammation of the lining outside the heart) happening after some COVID-19 vaccinations in the United States, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Seek medical attention right away if, within a few days of receiving the second injection of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna), you or your child experiences chest pain, shortness of breath, or feelings of having a fast-beating, fluttering, or pounding heartbeat.

Considering the hundreds of millions of COVID-19 vaccine doses that have been administered, these reports are very rare. The problem occurs more often in adolescents (teens) and young adults, and in males. The myocarditis or pericarditis in almost all cases is mild and resolves quickly.

Dr. Messina notes that myocarditis is a much more common complication of having COVID-19 than from getting vaccinated.
"

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

From your link:
“And a covid infection itself is far more likely than a vaccine to cause myocarditis, including in younger people.”

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Considering the hundreds of millions of COVID-19 vaccine doses that have been administered, these reports are very rare. The problem occurs more often in adolescents (teens) and young adults, and in males. The myocarditis or pericarditis in almost all cases is mild and resolves quickly.
Only we don't know yet if it causes permanent damage.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From your link:
“And a covid infection itself is far more likely than a vaccine to cause myocarditis, including in younger people.”
Obviously there's reason for concern about the vaccination of kids, despite your selective editing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Governments and politicians sometimes tell big lies. I'd expect most people with a mature outlook on politics to realise that governments and politicians sometimes tell big lies. A good example of this was the big lie about Iraq having Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Governments don't just lie all the time, they also tell the truth much (actually most) of the time. If you understand where the big lies and propaganda stem from then you know which are the lies and which are the truths. Regardless of the lies, the government retains authority.

LOL! The demands for lock step are coming from pro-vaxxers such as you. Most vaccine sceptics think that vaccinating entire populations is a bad idea, but are perfectly accepting of people who freely choose to take the vaccine without any coercion such as no-jab-no-job.
No, the ones demanding lockstep as always are the right-wing radicals and in this case the anti-vax contingent. They demand to be free to harm others. They don't do this for other public health policy such as drinking and driving, indoor smoking, shirts/shoes in restaurants, etc. No, they only do this with vaccines because they have politicized it.

Most "skeptics" are fake. They are only skeptical about this one item. None of them are skeptical on any other medical issues or vaccines. I know this because the same people who deny the medical advice to get the vaccine are the ones who then get Covid and go running to the very same medical doctors and nurses (i.e. the experts they should have listened to to begin with) and they beg them to use their medical science to help them. Completely fake "skeptics", conveniently "skeptical" about one particular politicized vaccine and when they get Covid they go running to the very experts they ridiculed when they ignored their advice. Cry me a river.

LOL! God's word doesn't say anything about vaccines. And there is no government mandate for me to receive the vaccine in the UK. Please don't twist and corrupt God's word to suit your own pro-vaxx beliefs.
I never said God's Word says anything about vaccine or that where you live it is mandated; you seem to be having an argument with your own imagination here, so leave me out of it.

Why are you avoiding the problems with government vaccine propaganda? For example, why are you ignoring this huge problem:
In order for me to avoid "problems with government vaccine propaganda" they have to exist to begin with, but they don't. You made up your own opinion that there is government propaganda which is a lie but you haven't backed that up with any facts at all. There's nothing for me to avoid.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Only we don't know yet if it causes permanent damage.
Read up on it including your own quoted material as @Pommer pointed out to you in the previous post

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read up on it including your own quoted material as @Pommer pointed out to you in the previous post
I quoted that article to show that even those that generally favor the vaccine have issues with kids taking it. Doesn't mean I agree with everything in it.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I quoted that article to show that even those that generally favor the vaccine have issues with kids taking it. Doesn't mean I agree with everything in it.
Discounting your own source?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.