Why are we left with Donald Trump as our choice?

Gentlemantech48

Experienced Christian
Apr 11, 2010
Spokane, Washington
✟10,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Latest news piece shows just how crude Donald Trump is:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...aptures-trump-in-crude-rant-with-tv-host.html

How can we change the system so "We the people" can both select our candidate by popular vote and put our candidate in office by popular vote ??? I think it's something that needs to be done but where do we start to change it? The electoral college is a rigged system and I don't understand why it was ever put into existence. Anyone who's with me on this should get with me and form a group to decide how we change the system. Big changes sometimes start with small groups. It's a matter of being determined to change the system and finding the right people to make it happen!

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟887,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...aptures-trump-in-crude-rant-with-tv-host.html

How can we change the system so "We the people" can both select our candidate by popular vote and put our candidate in office by popular vote ??? I think it's something that needs to be done but where do we start to change it? The electoral college is a rigged system and I don't understand why it was ever put into existence. Anyone who's with me on this should get with me and form a group to decide how we change the system. Big changes sometimes start with small groups. It's a matter of being determined to change the system and finding the right people to make it happen!
Well, what good would it do for THIS election NEXT month?

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To answer the OP's question, "Why are we left with Donald Trump?", the answer is actually simple. Whether we like it or not, The Donald showed us what a lot of our citizenry is, what's really thought amongst a certain segment of the US population. Trump knew about it going into his candidacy, and exploited it to his advantage. How many times have we heard, "He thinks like I do!"? How many times have people defended his bad behavior with, "At least he's honest!"? Indeed, he IS honest. A lot of people actually DO think like Trump does...

What does that say about our country? He's showing our lack of education in all it's "glory." He's exposing all our prejudices for the whole world to see. Let's not elect him President of the United States, but let's learn from him. We have work to do, hearts/minds to change, in order to truly become "a kinder, gentler nation," and that "city on a hill."

(And, don't get me started on that, "He talks like a guy" or that "boys will be boys" defense of this latest video/audio reveal, where he admitted to sex assault/harassment of women. Also, don't get me started about that attempted deflection of being responsible for his actions by bringing Bill Clinton into it. He admitted to extra-marital affairs, but the other charges were NEVER proven, including the one where he settled a lawsuit. He didn't admit guilt, but settled only to put the thing to rest and move on with his life. Bill Clinton is NOT running for President. He's already won
both of his elections too.)

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married

I said this nearly a year ago to friends. In answer to your question now, probably because Donald and the Clinton's have been years long friends.
When the birther thing about Obama came out Donald was working to further the slander his friends started in 2007. But he wasn't a politician then and they were.

Now he's in the race as the sole candidate on the ballot because like McCain in his term running against Obama, there was no intention of his ever winning. He was just put there to insure a candidate that bad would guarantee the credible win for when the other guy, or in today's election terms, the other woman, wins.

I think Donald Trump is on the ticket because dirty dealings behind the scenes put more qualified actual politicians out. And put in a dirty dealing businessman. And as it progresses toward November 8th we'll hear worse about him so that when it comes down to the wire Hillary will be the clear winner because Donald is so unfit.

Face it, in a real world of justice that is blind, not to evidence but to influence, she'd be in a Federal prison already.
As it is, she'll be the third Obama term for America.

And we thought we had it bad under him? ^_^

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Never doubted he was exactly like this. :wave:

How can we change the system so "We the people" can both select our candidate by popular vote and put our candidate in office by popular vote ???
I thought he won this nomination by having the most popular votes? That he turned out to be exactly how most everyone else said he was like seems more to say something about the Republican Party then about Mr. Trump. He was (by a wide margin if I remember correctly) the popular vote candidate.
I think it's something that needs to be done but where do we start to change it?
Well, you could start by stop encouraging the idea of the Republican Party being the "One issue Party voters". That would help.
The electoral college is a rigged system and I don't understand why it was ever put into existence.
Why should the USA have to change it's Constitution just because one of it's political parties picked the worst candidate in history? :scratch:
Anyone who's with me on this should get with me and form a group to decide how we change the system. Big changes sometimes start with small groups. It's a matter of being determined to change the system and finding the right people to make it happen!
or...you could, I don't know, stop picking awful people to be the face of your Party? :sorry:
tulc(is just sayn') :cool:

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
To answer the OP's question, "Why are we left with Donald Trump?", the answer is actually simple. Whether we like it or not, The Donald showed us what a lot of our citizenry is, what's really thought amongst a certain segment of the US population. Trump knew about it going into his candidacy, and exploited it to his advantage. How many times have we heard, "He thinks like I do!"? How many times have people defended his bad behavior with, "At least he's honest!"? Indeed, he IS honest. A lot of people actually DO think like Trump does...

What does that say about our country? He's showing our lack of education in all it's "glory." He's exposing all our prejudices for the whole world to see. Let's not elect him President of the United States, but let's learn from him. We have work to do, hearts/minds to change, in order to truly become "a kinder, gentler nation," and that "city on a hill."

(And, don't get me started on that, "He talks like a guy" or that "boys will be boys" defense of this latest video/audio reveal, where he admitted to sex assault/harassment of women. Also, don't get me started about that attempted deflection of being responsible for his actions by bringing Bill Clinton into it. He admitted to extra-marital affairs, but the other charges were NEVER proven, including the one where he settled a lawsuit. He didn't admit guilt, but settled only to put the thing to rest and move on with his life. Bill Clinton is NOT running for President. He's already won
both of his elections too.)
So true, all Donald trump is is just a big reflection of the US citizens. We really are getting mind numbingly dumb.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump became the Republican nominee because the Republican Party has been courting bigots since about 1968. All those racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic chickens have finally come home to roost.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We are "left with" both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton for one reason--the people wanted them. There is no way around it.

That being the case, thinking that a more direct popular vote would turn this around and give us Solomon or one of the Three Wise Men for president next time is to misunderstand the matter entirely.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The media gave him attention during the primaries, and saved the stuff that is just coming up now for the general election. There were many Republican candidates, so that the non-Trump voters were split. And the people that did vote for Trump paid more attention to his speeches than to his record.

• Agree
Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

I would argue that almost one half century of the Republicans employing the racist Southern Strategy has reached its logical conclusion.

No need to change the constitution, just tell the party to quit using a racist strategy, and that way it won't attract racists. It's kind of obvious when you think about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tatteredsoul
Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Never doubted he was exactly like this. :wave:

I thought he won this nomination by having the most popular votes? That he turned out to be exactly how most everyone else said he was like seems more to say something about the Republican Party then about Mr. Trump. He was (by a wide margin if I remember correctly) the popular vote candidate.

Well, you could start by stop encouraging the idea of the Republican Party being the "One issue Party voters". That would help.

Why should the USA have to change it's Constitution just because one of it's political parties picked the worst candidate in history? :scratch:

or...you could, I don't know, stop picking awful people to be the face of your Party? :sorry:
tulc(is just sayn') :cool:

The rating system only allows one rating. This post deserves many:

Winner. Funny. Informative. Like. Agree.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Because the election process for candidates shows the people spoke and nominated Trump.

Hillary said in the last debate that she would support a woman's right to choose and marriage equity. Being there is a seat on SCOTUS that needs yet to be filled, this election is that which will vote in the person who will fill that seat.And for four years she will possibly have to fill other seats as the elder justices retire or pass on. Those choices can sit the SCOTUS bench for 30 or more years.

Trump , we have to trust at his word, is pro-life.
Hillary is pro-choice. Even late term.

This broadcast was a great blessing to me this evening. Perhaps it shall be for others too.
The Christian Outlook
TCO 10/15/16: Freedom of Religion Is More Than Freedom of Worship

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because the election process for candidates shows the people spoke and nominated Trump.

Hillary said in the last debate that she would support a woman's right to choose and marriage equity. Being there is a seat on SCOTUS that needs yet to be filled, this election is that which will vote in the person who will fill that seat.And for four years she will possibly have to fill other seats as the elder justices retire or pass on. Those choices can sit the SCOTUS bench for 30 or more years.

Trump , we have to trust at his word, is pro-life.
Hillary is pro-choice. Even late term.

This broadcast was a great blessing to me this evening. Perhaps it shall be for others too.
The Christian Outlook
TCO 10/15/16: Freedom of Religion Is More Than Freedom of Worship
Whatever. He's just vote-pandering/flip flopping (which is the GOP/TP's "cardinal sin"). http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/trump-in-1999-i-am-very-pro-choice-480297539914

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
How did we get to Trump v Rodham?

4 years Bush (at least we got the first really bad one out after 4)
8 years Billary
8 years Bush
8 years Obama

We proved we don't want great leaders.
We want to be lied to and handled and
get our free or cheap drugs. And we hate
the rich while putting the rich in office to
get even richer by stealing our money.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Even Barbara Bush said back in 1992 that the Republicans should not include abortion in their platform.
She said that abortion was personal matter and that the party should stay out of it.
The party should have listened to her.
http://www.nytimes.com/1992/08/14/u...st-lady-on-abortion-not-a-platform-issue.html

Actually, it should be a state-by-state decision,
and both the feds and the courts need to stay
out of it. At least things used to work that way
when we had a Constitution that was honored
instead of ignored and changed at will.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure why we give prizes to movies that use even more crude language yet get all precious when a man talking to another man in private uses crude language. I would think that Trump's record of how he has treated women in business should get most of the attention.

Upvote 0

actionsub

Sir, this is a Wendy's...
Jun 20, 2004
Belleville, IL
✟57,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are we left with Donald Trump as our choice?
-
in 92 twenty million voted for perot
-and-
got the first clinton
-
less than 14 million voted for trump

-and-
they will get the second clinton

BAM! You're the first person I've seen anywhere online yet that gets that connection! From day one, it seemed clear to me that Trump's function in this election was the same as Perot's in '92, split the GOP vote to clear the path for the Clintons.

Reactions: victorinus
Upvote 0